Current TV shows of which you are a huge fan...

...but wonder if you are the only one....

A discussion about NBC's "Friday Night Lights" (Fridays, 8p central) set my mind to wonder about what other shows are on TV (or WERE on TV this season) that you watch, but wonder if you are the only one....

"Friday Night Lights" is definitely one of those for me. With Connie Britton (from ABC's "Spin City") and Kyle Chandler (from CBS' "Early Edition") and an amazing cast ... it is one of my favorites each week. And, while it is critically acclaimed, it doesn't have much of a fan base, claims NBC.

Others for me include...

ABC's "Pushing Daisies" (Wednesdays, 7p central)

ABC's "Samantha Who?" (I think this was originally Mondays, 8p or 8:30p central)

FOX's "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?" (Thursdays, 7p central)

FOX's "Don't Forget The Lyrics!" (Thursdays, 8p central)

CBS's "NUMB3RS" (Fridays, 9p central)

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I think it's about time you should know" ... Trick Pony ... 'Just What I Do'

Huge Fan: MythBusters, Dirty Jobs, MXC, Top Gear, Rules of Engagement, The Big Bang Theort, Moonlight, Death Note, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist, Fullmetal Panic, Zoids (Chaotic Century, Guardian Force, New Century/Zero), Ghost in the Shell, Trinity Blood

Shows I also like: CSI (any of them) Criminal Minds, Big Brother, Two and a Half Men

Edited by Dodgefan

Probably my favorite: Scrubs.

A few others: Futurama (CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW ONES!) Metalocolypse and Kyle XY

BTW; has anyone watched the show "My Redneck Wedding" on CMT? I was flipping channels the other day and saw this train wreck and just couldn't look away. Seriously... If anyone wants to see some "interesting" people, check it out.

Law and Order reruns. I just can't get enough of them. I enjoy watching Law and Order more than most other shows-I'll even choose the reruns over an all new episode of any other show I like!

Law and Order reruns. I just can't get enough of them. I enjoy watching Law and Order more than most other shows-I'll even choose the reruns over an all new episode of any other show I like!

My sister the traveling consultant is addicted to L&O reruns.... every night on the road at hotels she watches L&O reruns..

The Wire.

Various BBC America shows--Doctor Who, Torchwood, Top Gear, Life on Mars, Hotel Babylon, Jekyll, etc.

Kind of liking Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Bill Maher show.

30 Rock, The Office, L&O, L&O:SVU, and L&O:CI occasionally.

Edited by moltar

1. Battlestar Galactica (the new one, not the early '80s crap) - made in Canada!

2. Yeah, Scrubs for sure: highly addictive

3. Chronicles - looks promising

4. Journeyman: damned writer's strike, it was just starting to get good

5. Kyle XY - okay, only because Kyle is hot.

6. Smallville (see #5 and #1)

Okay, strike the last two. I only watch them when the BF isn't around. :lol:

BTW: get out and see Cloverfield. Best movie I've seen in a while.

My girlfriend loves Desperate Housewives and I will never understand why. I tried watching it with her twice and both times I gave up. Last time I made an effort was soem episode with a poorly CGed Tornado and special effects that would look bad in a Power Rangers episode. :P

Oh wait, I did actually make it through one episode, where some lady spread some dead lady's ashes in a baseball field and the family in a Nissan Quest were total pricks.

Edited by Dodgefan

BTW; has anyone watched the show "My Redneck Wedding" on CMT? I was flipping channels the other day and saw this train wreck and just couldn't look away. Seriously... If anyone wants to see some "interesting" people, check it out.

Hmmm...hadn't even heard of this one ... until now. That does sound like an interesting train wreck ... he heh.

Croc ... good to know I'm not alone with DH... he he. Though, sometimes, I'll watch Cold Case...love that one, too.

So ... of the shows you listed ... do you chatter about 'em with others during the week?

And, any particular reasons why the shows you listed are your favorites?

"You know J.R. is making deals" ... Hank Williams Jr ... 'This Ain't Dallas'

A few others: Futurama (CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEW ONES!) Metalocolypse and Kyle XY

I was so happy when Futurama left adult swim for Comedy Central. First I got the "farewell to Futurama" marathon, immediately followed by the "yay, we got Futurama" marathon. ^_^

and Metalocalypse kicks ass. :metal:

Hmm....of the shows I listed before, I usually only talk about "Friday Night Lights" with others during the week ... and it is usually just about what happened the Friday night prior ... and what might happen. A few others, I wish I had others to talk with about 'em....

A few shows that I also watch that I didn't list originally are ABC's "Desperate Housewives", ABC's "Brothers and Sisters", ABC's "Boston Legal" and CBS's "Cold Case"....

As for why I watch....

ABC's "Pushing Daisies":

It's just quirky and works. I originally wanted to watch it because it was good to see Swoozie Kurtz back on TV, along with Chi McBride (principle on FOX's "Boston Public"). But, I watched the first 2 episodes and was hooked....

ABC's "Samantha Who?":

Jean Smart. She's been on CBS' "Designing Women" and, more recently, FOX's "24".

ABC's "Desperate Housewives":

Cool to see Felicity Huffman (ABC's "SportsNight") and Teri Hatcher (ABC's "Lois and Clark") in different roles. As for the storylines...well, might be a "guilty pleasure"...?

ABC's "Brothers and Sisters":

Interesting to see Calista Flockhart (FOX's "Ally McBeal") back on TV ... and with an interesting mix of cast members, including Sally Field (remember "Smokey and the Bandit"?) and Rob Lowe.

ABC's "Boston Legal":

I usually only watch the ending of this one with the 2 lawyers (portrayed by James Spader and William Shatner) talking in the evening. But, it's interesting to also see Candice Bergen (CBS's "Murphy Brown"), John Larroquette (NBC's "Night Court"), and others (i.e. guests Betty White, NBC's "Golden Girls", and Michael J Fox, NBC's "Family Ties" and ABC's "Spin City") in this one.

CBS's "NUMB3RS":

Simply an awesome cast around an awesome show format/plotline, especially solving crimes with math! Judd Hirsch and Peter MacNicol (formerly with FOX's "Ally McBeal" and, more recently, FOX's "24" ... during which time he was on a space shuttle mission on CBS's "NUMB3RS") are in this, too.

CBS's "Cold Case":

I just like seeing the flashbacks...and how the crimes are eventually solved....

FOX's "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?":

Shocking to find out what I remember...and, more so, what I don't.

FOX's "Don't Forget The Lyrics!":

The music ... plain and simple.

NBC's "Friday Night Lights":

Awesome cast. Love the theme music, too ... and, of course, the older cars!

Hmmm...BTW...anyone else watch ABC's "Eli Stone" Thursday night after "LOST"? Looks to be an interesting show, imho. I thought I recognized a couple of the ladies in it ... Natasha Henstridge (ABC's "Commander In Chief") and Loretta Devine (FOX's "Boston Public")....

"Wouldn't you like to get away?" ... Gary Portnoy ... 'Where Everybody Knows Your Name'

Mythbusters is my No. 1

Followed by both of the Pinks shows (Pinks and Pinks All Out)- The only reason I pay extra for cable is to keep Speed

Well my midwinter dragracing fix is taken care of

I also like CSI, Without a Trace, and my wife has got me to watching Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International.

I would love to readjust my sleep schedule so I can check out some of the new Discovery Channel shows. Smash Lab looks very good. I liked the pilot episode when the tested RhinoLiner by blowing up the trucks.

Since I work nightshift I tend to get 2-3 hours of sleep after I get home and then a nap before going to work. Makes watching TV tough.

Most midday TV seems to be what I call "Loser TV", sorry just my opinion, so I don't watch it.

Most midday TV seems to be what I call "Loser TV", sorry just my opinion, so I don't watch it.

I tend to agree these days.

As a kid, I seem to recall a steady dose of game shows that were viewable. These days, it's all of these odd/weird/trashy talk shows that have topics like "I slept with my boyfriend's Dad and now I don't know who the father of my 2 year old daughter is". Aye.

I've seen a couple episodes of Without A Trace ... and have liked them. But, for whatever reason, just never got completely interested in it enough to make sure I watch it each week.....

And, KC ... I watched the first few weeks of episodes of Back To You ... but just lost interest in that one :(.

"Maybe things could work out right" ... Johnny Hates Jazz ... 'Shattered Dreams'

Heroes

Lost

Desperate Housewives

Grey's Anatomy

Entourage

Favorites In syndication:

Golden Girls

Friends

Will & Grace

Favorites on DVD:

All In the Family

I Love Lucy

I don't watch much TV at all, in fact, recently I have only been watching Keeping Up Appearances, Saturday nights on PBS - "The BooKAAAY residence, lady of the house speaking..." :AH-HA_wink:

I've been watching clips from "The Wire" on Youtube since hearing an interview on NPR of the guy who plays Omar (sadly, I don't have HBO). Yesterday at lunch with the gang, my friend Ryan commented on how much he likes the show, and Omar. I think this is the last season. I wonder if I can rent DVDs of this show at Blockbuster.

ABC's "Brothers and Sisters":

Interesting to see Calista Flockhart (FOX's "Ally McBeal") back on TV ... and with an interesting mix of cast members, including Sally Field (remember "Smokey and the Bandit"?) and Rob Lowe.

Woops, forgot to add this one to my list. Pretty good show; Sally Field steals it, though.

Desperate Housewives, House, Brothers and Sisters and CSI (Vegas) are the only shows I try to watch on a regular basis. Considering what I pay I find there's not much on.I like watching old stuff just for the cars. Have been watching Hart to Hart a lot recently. The Flintstones are back on again on the kids station every night at 8:00 so I can't miss them.

Favorites In syndication:

Golden Girls

I still love that show. It is one of a kind, in that it is written such that adults get the adult humor from it ... yet, kids can watch it, too ... and find it funny even without the adult humor. At least, that's the way I see it....

The Portuguese version of that was hilarious: they seemed to pick the most retarded people as contestants! :lol:

Speaking of, I'm not sure which episode it was, but one time last year, the American version of 5th grader featured scenes from versions of 5th grader from around the world. That was pretty cool, imho.

I don't watch much TV at all, in fact, recently I have only been watching Keeping Up Appearances, Saturday nights on PBS - "The BooKAAAY residence, lady of the house speaking..." :AH-HA_wink:

*grins*

Ohhhhh...I watch that one, too!!!! It comes on Chicago's WTTW at 7:30p on Saturday nights. I usually watch the 7p show, too ... "As Time Goes By" with Judi Dench.

Woops, forgot to add this one to my list. Pretty good show; Sally Field steals it, though.

*nods*

Agreed.

"And suddenly we're all grown up" ... Alabama ... 'Cheap Seats'

Well I am a big fan of a few that a lot of people watch, like House MD, The Office, Family Guy, Mythbusters, and Entourage

I started watching the Sarah Conner Chronicles. I like it a lot for the suspense.

I watch 30 Rock. I don't know that a lot of others do as I think it is just starting to catch on. Tina Fey is hilarious and strangely attractive.

I still watch Survivor religiously (16th season starts again this Thursday), but I don't know that a ton of others do anymore.

Pushing Daisies is a strange, but entertaining show.

Also, Life is as well. It is like most other crime shows except the characters are much more engaging if you ask me. They way he acts is very comparable to Dr. House.

Well I am a big fan of a few that a lot of people watch, like House MD, The Office, Family Guy, Mythbusters, and Entourage

Being a high school teacher, over the years I've heard a lot about Family Guy but just recently started to watch it. It's freakin' hilaroius!!!

I started watching the Sarah Conner Chronicles. I like it a lot for the suspense.
I've added this show to my Monday night must-watch list. I like it so far.

I watch 30 Rock. I don't know that a lot of others do as I think it is just starting to catch on. Tina Fey is hilarious and strangely attractive.

I've watcched some of the episodes prior to this year, but not religiously. When NBC moved The Office to 9PM and put 30 Rock on at 8:30, I figured I was already watching Earl (8PM) and was waiting for The Office to start, so I might as well watch it. It's actually kinda funny. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that finds Tina Fey attractive! I actually liked her since her SNL days.

I still watch Survivor religiously (16th season starts again this Thursday), but I don't know that a ton of others do anymore.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing not many people do ... at least not as religiously. I know many people who talked and talked and talked about it ... the first season and some of the second season. Since then, I hardly ever hear people talking about it. Doens't mean that nobody is, just doesn't seem to be as prominent as it once was.

Pushing Daisies is a strange, but entertaining show.

*grins*

And that is why I love it ;).

"If you'll hand me my crayons, I'll be glad to take your name" ... John Conlee ... 'I Don't Remember Loving You'

RE: Pushing Daisies. I watched one episode with my parents (they used to like it) but I never really saw the draw. I saw a lot of things that I knew were supposed to be funny, but I found it far too over-the-top.

Edited by Croc

RE: Pushing Daisies. I watched one episode with my parents (they used to like it) but I never really saw the draw. I saw a lot of things that I knew were supposed to be funny, but I found it far too over-the-top.

PD seems to be one of those "love it" or "hate it" shows. My parents and a few of my friends feel the same way you do ... too over-the-top of a show.

For me ... that's kinda what draws me in ... lol.

"Simple little things are the miracle cures" ... Neal McCoy ... 'Wink'

The Wire.

Without a doubt, 'The Wire' is the best drama ever produced for television.

Heroes

Lost

Also good choices

I rented Season One of The Wire this evening on my way home, so I'll be watching that tonight instead of Hyacinth Bucket. I want to see how Omar fits in the story.

I envy you, to be able and experience the thrills of season one for the first time, it's just fabulous. My wife and I were watching 3 full-hour episodes a night when we discovered 'The Wire'

Pushing Daisy's and Numb3rs are the only two I watch. Actually I am not much of a TV guy. For the first eleven or twelve year sof my marriage I didn't even own a TV set.

Actually, in Feb. of 1990 I watched "the simpsons" at a friends house and didn't watch a full half hour of network TV again until about 2000.

But Pushing Daisy's is a hell of a show. I also used to watch Joan of Arcadia.

Chris

Pushing Daisy's and Numb3rs are the only two I watch.

...and they are so not the same type of TV show, either ... interesting ;).

PD is funny, quirky and "weird" ... while NUMB3RS is straight facts with some drama thrown in.....and it works well, imho.

"So much is left undone" ... Deep Blue Something ... 'Breakfast At Tiffany's'

Been watching too much Top Gear. The challenge episodes where they go to other countries and buy used cars for little to no money are probably the most entertaining.

Yeah, they reran the episode where they went to the US and had to buy cars for $1000 recently, and I watched again even though I'd seen when it first aired a few months ago. I'm hooked on BBC America, from TG to Doctor Who to Torchwood, Life on Mars, etc..

Edited by moltar

I'm hooked on BBC America, from TG to Doctor Who to Torchwood, Life on Mars, etc..

Do you like "As Time Goes By" ... or any other comedies, by chance?

"I guess I should watch what I wish for" ... Theory Of A Deadman ... 'Nothing Could Come Between Us'

According to TV guide, the status of some of the popular shows, now that the TV strike is done...

FOX's "24"

Season 7 postponed until January 2009.

ABC's "Boston Legal"

One pre-strike episode remains. Expected to shoot 8 additional episodes to air in April/May.

ABC's "Brothers & Sisters"

One pre-strike episode remains. Expected to shoot 4 additional episodes to air in April/May.

CBS's "Cold Case"

Expected to shoot 5 new episodes to begin airing on March 30.

ABC's "Desperate Housewives"

Expected to shoot 7 new episodes to air in April/May.

NBC's "Friday Night Lights"

No new episodes expected for this season. Future TBD.

MY NOTE: From all reports I've heard, this show is dead...VERY disappointing news, considering how well this show is put together from top to bottom.... I also heard somewhere that, when asked the status of "Friday Night Lights", the "best show on TV" (words of the person asking the question), an NBC exec quipped something like, "Keep Watching 30Rock ... THAT's the best show on TV".... If this was the exec's actual response, shouldn't the response been a bit more impartial...?

FOX's "House"

Expected to shoot 4 new episodes to air in April/May.

CBS's "Jericho"

Seven episodes remain. No additional episodes expected for this season.

ABC's "Lost"

Five pre-strike episodes remain. Expected to shoot 5 additional episodes to air in April/May.

ABC's "Men in Trees"

Eleven pre-strike episodes remain, the first of which airs Feb. 27. No additional episodes expected this season.

CBS's "NUMB3RS"

Expected to shoot 6 new episodes to begin airing on April 4.

ABC's "Pushing Daisies"

No new episodes until fall.

ABC's "Samantha Who?"

Three pre-strike episodes remain. Expected to shoot an additional 3 episodes to air this spring, likely after Dancing with the Stars.

CW's "Supernatural"

Final pre-strike episode airs Feb. 21. Expected to shoot 4 additional episodes to begin airing on April 24.

*sighs*

And, I still haven't decided about the new Knight Rider.... If I don't see it Sunday, the forecast is for that network to re-run it next Saturday, February 23....

"You were history with the slamming of the door" ... Celine Dion ... 'It's All Coming Back To Me Now'

Whe I do actually get off the laptop long enough to watch tv, it's almost always ScienceHD, or NatGeoHD, or DiscoveryHD. I'm a geek I know. But I do DVR, CSI-Las Vegas, Jericho, Medium and Without a Trace. I love them all and have watched them from the beginning. We also love Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe rocks!!! Mythbusters of course, who doesn't love those guys, but I have to say, I do not like the new long hair this season, he looks much better with his hair short.

The Office is a no brainer, I love that show! Recently I have been into Rob & Big on MTV and Breaking Bad, a new show on AMC. Breaking bad is about a high school chem teacher that finds out he is dieing, so to set up his family financially he becomes a meth dealer. Sounds kinda weird, but its good!

I cant wait for the new season of HBO shows this summer! Flight of the Conchords and Entourage are by far my favorite shows of all time!