ocnblu

Look! A groundhog! thump thump thump

106 posts in this topic

Ewwwww... at the Toyota dealership, saw a base model new Matrix in gray and a new green Corolla today in my travels. Not an auspicious start, but hey, it can only go up from here I guess.

Has anyone seen anything out of the ordinary yet this month?

Edited by ocnblu

Saw my second '08 Malibu on the road today, and it had an Enterprise sticker on it. I saw my first ever Saab 9-7X on the road.

Saw an 08 Malibu 2LT 4 cylinder today. Was metallic red, and covered in salt.

I saw a yellow first-gen early '80s 4dr Tercel today...

Magnetic Grey ZR1! :AH-HA_wink:

Great title for the month, Mr. blu.

I saw a yellow first-gen early '80s 4dr Tercel today...

I get the impression they were ALL Yellow.

Brand new Impreza STi, all black, very cool, with the wide-spoke wheels as opposed to the multi-spokers, which are ugly, imo. $36,000 MSRP!!! And the guy said it was "the base model". :o

Brand new Impreza STi, all black, very cool, with the wide-spoke wheels as opposed to the multi-spokers, which are ugly, imo. $36,000 MSRP!!! And the guy said it was "the base model". :o

The article in the new Road & Track has one with a price-as-tested at over $39k!! Reading the article, I was surprised how heavy the Sti and Evo have become..they aren't little lightweight AWD toys anymore---the Sti is over 3500lbs, the Evo over 3700...

An old man driving a pristine early 1980's Pontiac Parisienne that was a beautiful jade green color, factory fender skirts; it was gorgeous. I should have chased him down and demanded that he sell it to me!

Surprisingly, I saw an `08 Malibu LT (beige) at work the other day--looks beautiful. I saw also an Enclave (someone apparently bought one--I've seen it in the parking lot for 2 weeks now), and then last night on my way to my date, I saw a red `08 Malibu LT V6--again, absolutely beautiful. Really a stunner.

I've seen 3 new Focuses, a dark blue, light blue, and a gold one.

2 new Liberties, one deep red and one dark green

Dozens of 08 Bu's...

And A 5 door Astra XE in blue...Stupid wheel covers... :nono:

Saturn saleschick agrees... she set me up with that one, as we were on the test drive, she said "the base model wheel covers look..." she glanced over at me and I put the ball in the basket, "Pep Boys?" I finished. She said "That's good, yes."

Saturn saleschick agrees... she set me up with that one, as we were on the test drive, she said "the base model wheel covers look..." she glanced over at me and I put the ball in the basket, "Pep Boys?" I finished. She said "That's good, yes."

Are those wheel covers the ones that appear on the Saturn website? They look :yuck:

GM should have offered the 5-spoke steel wheels some Astras have over here. This is an Astra Enjoy wheels (16 inch 5-spoke steel wheel with covers):

astra_enjoy_wheel.jpg

Edited by ZL-1

Shoot, Chevy and Pontiac use the "fascia spoke" steel wheel with integral cover as a slightly upscale alternative to a standard full wheel cover, why couldn't Saturn see fit to equip Astra XEs with them? Your photo looks much better than the XE wheel covers we get here.

I saw a worn gray '69 Buick LeSabre 2dr this morning...haven't seen that one around here before..

A pristine 60's Chevy pickup. A very well maintained machine driven by a ol' southern gentleman.

Astra is a stop gap vehicle. They just need it here for 24 months and then they can give us better options with Delta II. I think like Europe they should offer here in two or more bread and butter engine levels.

I saw a red Suzuki Swift (not SX4)... perhaps they're considering selling them here?

I was driving home from church and saw a REAL vintage car... unfortunately, I couldn't tell what it was. :(

Oh yeah...and on Friday, a gold Oldsmobile Aurora V8.

What a great way to start the month: new Corolla in XRS trim. In person looks like they took the old one, throw it in a furnace and let the thing melt. :puke:

Saw a beast of a GMC TopKick 6500 today. Ya know? The ones you can buy with the bed from a 3500 dually Silverado grafted on? That thing is quite a monster.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor