Camino LS6

So, smoking

142 posts in this topic

Guilty. :smilewide:

I smoke far less than I did about two years ago, however.

Edited by YellowJacket894

I can't stand the smell of smoke, it literally makes me choke up. That, and the fact that you're taking ing tons of harmful toxins makes it easy for me to stay away.

I can't stand the smell of smoke, it literally makes me choke up. That, and the fact that you're taking ing tons of harmful toxins makes it easy for me to stay away.

Once you've started, logic has no more impact on the issue sadly.

I've smoked socially for the past two years. I've avoided the grasps of addiction thus far.

1-2 packs a day for 20 years now. :metal:

My grandfather smoked, had his first heart attack at 38, kept smoking, and died from his second heart attack at 59.

My father smoked, had a heart attack at 42, and thankfully lived so he could quit.

His cousin smoked, had a heart attack at 40, and died.

I'm all set with continuing that pattern.

Edited by XP715

Half pack or less per day for me. not quite a year at this point, though I've smoked off and on for the past 2-3 years (less than half pack per day).

What are your favorite brands? I like Camel Lites, and can go for Parliaments every so often, but mainly I stick to the Djarum Blacks--I find I smoke a lot less of those.

Camel No. 9s are also pretty damn good even though they're an ultralite marketed to women...they are very good.

Smoked Marlboros since day one, switched to the menthols about 7-8 years ago.

What are your favorite brands?

I am partial to Marlboro Reds, Camel Turkish Royals, and a few others.

However, I hate Kools and Kentucky's Best. If you want to smoke something that tastes like a pile of horse$h! smells, try a Kentucky's Best cigarette. :rotflmao:

Technically, I quit smoking after 1.5 cigarettes. Tho all my friends smoked, I had the foresight to see that starting something that nearly everyone tries desperately to quit at some point... was pointless.

My grandfather smoked when young, got a tough bout of bronchitsis around age 18 and threw them away, never smoked again. He'll be 93 this year.

I'm with WMJ and DF, it just disgusts me so I don't do it.

I don't like not being in control of myself, so being addicted to smokes kinda ticks me off. Add in the cost of a pack and I'm feeling pretty tired of the whole thing. I started when I was 13 and I think I'm way overdue to dump the damn things.

Smoke makes me wheezy, too. Smells horrid to boot.

Yea, it gets to the point where the frustration is mostly in that you know you don't have total control.

But the thing is...smoking is really enjoyable. Definitely helps you decompress, relax, and sort through things. It's also really social.

I guess the thing is...I really don't want to quit, but really just keep the intake low.

ETA: That's why I switched to Djarum Blacks...yea they're more expensive, but they're clove cigarettes (kreteks) and they don't make you reek. Plus they burn slower, and aren't any worse for you than normal cigarettes.

Edited by Croc

I kind of want to quit, mostly for the money and it's a hassle. But, my hubby refuses to even consider it, he says he likes to smoke and isn't ready. His health is far worse than mine I think, and I want us to do it together. It would be much much harder for me to quit while he sat here lighting up.

If you want to smoke something that tastes like a pile of horse$h! smells, try cigarette.

Fixed.

I don't like not being in control of myself, so being addicted to smokes kinda ticks me off. Add in the cost of a pack and I'm feeling pretty tired of the whole thing. I started when I was 13 and I think I'm way overdue to dump the damn things.

That's the other thing that keeps me away, although the mere fact that it's horrible for my health and smells and no doubt tastes like is more than enough. That $h! is expensive.

I took a few puffs once, and didn't really see what the big deal was.

Only the finest crack this side of Charlotte...

J/K I've never smoked anything at all. My dad smoked around me for years and I hated every minute of it. My allergies and sinuses are so bad that being in a bar or smoke filled room for an hour makes me pay the entire next day. I do still frequent bars though... :)

I can't do it even if I wanted to, which I really don't.

1. Asthma runs in my family. My dad has it pretty bad. I have a touch of it that I control with diet and conditioning.

2. My mom used to smoke until I was about 12. When she quit I became extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke.

3. I like to ride bicycles now, and smoking would only impede my ability to do that.

4. All the money I could spend on cigarettes is better off being spent on some other presssing need in my life.

Yea, it gets to the point where the frustration is mostly in that you know you don't have total control.

But the thing is...smoking is really enjoyable. Definitely helps you decompress, relax, and sort through things. It's also really social.

I guess the thing is...I really don't want to quit, but really just keep the intake low.

ETA: That's why I switched to Djarum Blacks...yea they're more expensive, but they're clove cigarettes (kreteks) and they don't make you reek. Plus they burn slower, and aren't any worse for you than normal cigarettes.

No offense Croc, but I'm glad I don't hang out with you. Those clove smokes kill me, I'm a huge,sneezing, red-eyed mess when I encounter the smoke from one of them.

Let's try this again:

camaroburnoutql9.jpg

Addicting, yes? :P :AH-HA_wink:

How about another?

BlueChevelle-burnout.jpg

:smilewide:

Edited by YellowJacket894

Addicting, yes? :P :AH-HA_wink:

How about another?

BlueChevelle-burnout.jpg

:smilewide:

Smells good!

I'm not a fan of cigarettes... it's a gross habit.

I have been known to enjoy a good cigar from

time to time and for a short time used to enjoy

"alternative tobacco" if you get my drift... :P

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor