bowtie_dude

Officially official: 2011 Chevrolet Cruze

122 posts in this topic

I'm still pissed that it will be built in the US starting early 09, yet won't go on sale until early 2010. Stupid, stupid, STUPID.

I'm still pissed that it will be built in the US starting early 09, yet won't go on sale until early 2010. Stupid, stupid, STUPID.

Yeah, what's up with that? It's going to be built in the US, but shipped to Europe? Seems odd...I would think they would be building it in Europe as well..

Looks a lot better than it did in the spy shots. Still not really sure about the huge new Chevy grille. It works better on the Malibu, but even there I think it's a little big.

Looks a lot better than it did in the spy shots. Still not really sure about the huge new Chevy grille. It works better on the Malibu, but even there I think it's a little big.

Its my favorite thing about the new Chevy cars. I think its bold and in your face. Pointedly American, especially with the big bowtie in the middle.

The curve of the hood dipping into the light cluster looks a bit odd in the head-on view...makes it look angry and aggro, which is what they were trying to achieve, I think..interesting that the bar with the bowtie is set so high in the grille rather than centered.

Overall it looks good, but I would have liked to see the bar across the middle of the grille, rather than near the top of the grille. The tailights look like they were inspired by a Camry or the old GS300, not really a fan of the back. 2011 model year is a while away, Civic and Fit are updated for 09 and new Mazda 3 for 2010, plus the Euro Fords will be here by then, and the Insight comes out next year and is supposed to get 60 mpg or something crazy. GM coming 2 years later with a 40 mpg car isn't going to make a big impact.

Overall it looks good, but I would have liked to see the bar across the middle of the grille, rather than near the top of the grille. The tailights look like they were inspired by a Camry or the old GS300, not really a fan of the back. 2011 model year is a while away, Civic and Fit are updated for 09 and new Mazda 3 for 2010, plus the Euro Fords will be here by then, and the Insight comes out next year and is supposed to get 60 mpg or something crazy. GM coming 2 years later with a 40 mpg car isn't going to make a big impact.

Same old GM story, seems like.

The rear looks a little too "safe" nothing really distinctive about it. Over all a nice looking small car that looks far better then the spy shots.

It will be interesting to see what other bodystyles come..the taillights remind me a bit of the Euro Civic sedan. I assume for the US there will a coupe and probably hatchbacks and a wagon for other markets. Looks like it will be competitive. A solid design.

Edited by moltar

Not bad at all as far as styling goes... this definately

makes the Cobalt 4dr sedan look like a Daewoo.

I don't like the big tail lights, they look just like the new 7-Series, which I also don't like. Overall It looks much better and more sophisticated than the Cobalt. Too bad GM is retarded and we won't get the car for almost 2 years. :banghead:

Edited by Dodgefan

Great way to encourage fans to wait for the next gen product.

Not sure why GM does this---are they afraid people will think they have nothing on the way?

I appreciate that the product is supposed to be better, but I don't get how this helps sell Cobalts in 08 & 09.

Is somebody with some insiders insight have any clue what GM's reason is for doing these early reveals? At least the Camaro had no predecessor to ruin sales while fans waited.

In typical GM fashion, I do like the design at first glance. However, upon closer inspection some of the design language bugs me.

With three minor tweaks to the exterior styling, this car would look 100x better IMHO.

1. Make the side crease not slope down quite so quickly, and carry all the way forward. Eliminate the front fender crease and make the main side crease meet the head lights.

2. The grille is pretty good, but still needs work. Make the bottom portion slightly smaller, perhaps just an inch or even 1/2 inch shorter.

3. Get rid of the head light spike, and make the head lights more stylized by sloping down and inwards a little more, perhaps a half inch.

It's only 100% better looking than the Cobalt already.

I like it--not too big a fan of the taillights however. Yay for LED gauges! :)

I think the tail lights are okay...

You know what the profile & nose remind me?

It's like a very pissed off, more muscular

version of the Sonata, which itself is a pretty

clean design but a bit plain.

Maybe this mom was a Cavalier Z24, and dad

was a german-spec. Opel Astra, but with some

cross breeding on the grandfather's side....

the cool, angry fascia is the Buick-Opel side of

the family, which itself has some traces of '59

Buick DNA from the previous generation. :P

Ohhh-kaaaaaaaay. Time to take my meds, or

perhaps the problem is that I'm NOT really on

any medication. (what's in this water?)

Edited by Sixty8panther

Looks promising. Hopefully it won't be dated by the time it actually comes out here. Also, I really hope Chevy has learned from the Cobalt--even though it may have been good for a year or so, the competition can change and the new Civic just destroyed it. The Cobalt became very old very fast.

Here in Europe we get a wagon version, don't know about that for the US.

Oh I hope we get a Wagon version of the Cruze or NG Astra... or that Ford brings over the Estate version of the Euro Focus. Small wagons are really popular in Canada.

I think it's okay, but the front isn't cute at all. Will women buy this car? Remains to be seen. They need to put the "Tahoe rush" on this and get it to market post haste.

I think it's okay, but the front isn't cute at all. Will women buy this car? Remains to be seen. They need to put the "Tahoe rush" on this and get it to market post haste.

Good.

I like the front clip. Everything aft of the B-pillar looks generic.

With the arched roofline and side creases and fender arches, if it had a a quarter window instead of the lame black plastic behind the rear door, the side profile would almost be Audi-esque, like a sedan version of the A3 might look...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor