regfootball

BLIND DATE SURPRISE

55 posts in this topic

You met someone for a blind date.

It knocked your socks off, they were great. But, you decided, you'll both go home separate....tonight. You walk out to the parking lot of the Olive Garden together, only to find out she (he?) drives a...........

(insert car here).

Did it just burst your bubble?

For example, if i were single and needed to blind date, if i had the best of dates and went back out to find that this person drove a Camry or CRv or Subaru, I think that would be a major sign to hightail out of the relationship.

Conversely, if this woman is driving a new G8 GXP, then I think it may be heaven on earth.

What car in your potential blind date mate makes you run away!?

another car that would make me run, a Yaris or just about anything with DEM bumper stickers on it.

Seeing a G8 GXP would certainly get my attention, but most cars I would simply note and then ignore. Oh I'd say something eventually, but it really wouldn't have much bearing on the relationship.

EDIT: Cars figure hugely in my life, but I recognize that such is not the case for many folks.

I'm with Camino...if they drove something awesome, I'd be even more stoked, but driving something crappy wouldn't really deter me from them if we had a great time...

another car that would make me run, a Yaris or just about anything with DEM bumper stickers on it.

the second half. lol

I don't think i'd have much in common with them if that were the case.

a big plus if they drove a pre wbody car... pre 88. i'm kinda thinking a G-body or A body....as long as it wasn't a total POS on the outside.

a killer would prolly be a prius or other way over hyped car....aka spent way more money than was needed. but maybe she's just loaded...i wouldn't be against that. lol

It wouldn't bother me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't give her a hard time about it every chance I got, jokingly of course.

It wouldn't bother me, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't give her a hard time about it every chance I got, jokingly of course.

Exactly.

Wouldn't bother me, but any sort of Republican bumper stickers would make me run screaming.. :)

I had a g/f for several years that had pretty cool taste in cars, IMHO--she had a Jeep Wrangler and a BMW 328 Ci, both manuals. Another woman I dated had a green '97 Camry. My g/f (later fiancee) in grad school drove a '92 Corolla. My most recent g/f drove an RX300.

Agreed. My other half of 12 years now was driving a Tercel when we met. :thumbsdown::censored:

It was traded in '03 for a brand new Century and likely that will be traded in '09 for a brand new Malibu.

Look at it as an opportunity to properly educate. :AH-HA_wink:

Look, I am living with someone who was raised Jehovah's Witness - and I am an atheist, so I can overlook pretty much anything. I wouldn't hold what car they WERE driving before we met against them. Now, if he bought a Camry/Yaris/SmartCar/Fit/Versa/Ridgeline/Element or anything from Hyundai/Kia AFTER we met - well, that would be grounds for divorce.

Agreed. My other half of 12 years now was driving a Tercel when we met. :thumbsdown::censored:

It was traded in '03 for a brand new Century and likely that will be traded in '09 for a brand new Malibu.

Look at it as an opportunity to properly educate. :AH-HA_wink:

:yes:

First off, I don't do blind dates. :lol:

When I met my wife, she didn't have a car. During our engagement, she bought her '95 Intrepid that died during our first year of marriage.

She had always said, though, that she wanted a Corolla due to the reliability. But she herself was the one who decided not to get one because "it was boring."

:wub:

Lexus, Hummer, any grossly large SUV or republican bumperstickers.

I would dump them the next morning.

A car wouldn't deter me from dating someone. If things progressed and I was dating the person, then I might make a comment and try to influence them to change vehicles.

Doesn't matter in the least.

...almost...if she has hips so big that she can't fit in my Miata or in a Solstice...that is a BAD sign.

Chris :convertible:

A car wouldn't deter me from dating someone. If things progressed and I was dating the person, then I might make a comment and try to influence them to change vehicles.

+1

+1

...almost...if she has hips so big that she can't fit in my Miata or in a Solstice...that is a BAD sign.

My friend Steve had that problem...his ex had rather, um wide hips and he was afraid she'd damage the passenger seat in his NSX (which has snug seats).

Actually there is a very famouns 68 or so Dodge Dart Hemi GTS pro street ragtop that was on the cover of Car Craft or Hot Rod a few years back...and then fell into decay...and then was restored to its former ground pounding glory.

Apparently the roll cage in the car was taken out when one of the owners wives was too big to fit in the car with the cage.

I actually like my females curvy. But not "huge"

Chris

My current dream girl is restoring a 1984 Camaro Z28 (her third 'maro).

It just went into winter storage, and she now drives a 1997 Nissan Sentra winter beater.

Doesn't bother me one bit.

Both stick BTW. 8)

not really. my gf drives a 96 toyota corolla. i rag her all the time for it. told her if things work out for us she will be replacing that turd with a new bu or G8 hehe

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor