trinacriabob

Photos: 250,000 miles and almost 17 years

37 posts in this topic

Hey, I was pretty wowed to make it to 200,000 miles on the original powertrain. I am ecstatic to have made it to 250,000 miles on the original powertrain! The reliability of this 3800 V6 equipped car has been incredible.

IMG_1393.jpg

Odometer turning over to 250,000 miles - Lake Tahoe (NV side) - 12/13/2008

IMG_1409.jpg

Exterior view of the car upon returning to CA the next day - 12/14/2008

Edited by trinacriabob

Congrats and I also am impressed by how clean it is. Most of the ones I see are beat to hell and rusting. Keep it up!

Helz yeah!! Congrats, beautiful car!! Love that 3.8 bullet proof little engine!!

Congrats! Still looks sharp. Some friends put about 140k miles on a '91 2dr before they traded it on a Volvo 850 wagon back in '02.

Has that been a one owner car?

vonVeezelsnider:

I just might...at any rate, it'll be somewhere between 250K and 300K.

Moltar:

Yes...I am the original owner, getting it at the end of a masters program (May 1992)

Thanks for all the kind words about the car.

The body looks like it has 50k on it, no rust or major damage. What trim model is that Regal?

It's the basic Custom model and it has the no-cost cloth bucket seats.

The car has only been titled in the Pacific states (all of them), so it has seen hot summers, rain and little snow/ice.

It's the basic Custom model and it has the no-cost cloth bucket seats.

The car has only been titled in the Pacific states (all of them), so it has seen hot summers, rain and little snow/ice.

My friends' car was kind of greenish blue, w/ a matching cloth interior..bench seat IIRC. They had it and a '91 Grand Am 2dr, they bought them together when they graduated from college, after getting married..their first new cars. Kept both for 10 years, well over 100k on each. Alas, neither of them have GMs anymore---they have an '05 Volvo XC wagon and a '07 BMW 535Xi wagon now... (since they have 2 dogs but no kids, they need 2 wagons, I guess).

holy crap the condition of that thing is amazing. wow! perfect color too!

honestly, i've always wanted one of those regals. i remember when those came out, and i read the articles about it in car and driver over and over. in my mind, the original 2 door w bodies were stunning cars, each one. i knew so many people with grand prixs it was amazing.

i loved the dash in those regals.

they said GM built cars no one wanted in the 80's, however, many of those cars I love, aside from their quality issues. in my mind the w bodies were bold, daring, and efficient.

Edited by regfootball

Your Regal looks great, Bob. Keep on Truckin'!

Congrats Bob--looks great! I wish my paint job held up like yours! The interior is in good condition (albeit, the painted "wood" around the switchgear on the doors is rubbing off), but the exterior is faded all over.

Holy craps that is clean.

And silver is a wonderful color for it, also. I've posted before about how good the 60's GM stuff looks in Silver...this is proof modern GM cars look good in silver.

I like this almost as much as the Solstice Targa in silver...and that's saying something.

Beautiful car, Bob! Thanks for taking care of her.

sixty-Six :convertible:

Congrats Bob--looks great! I wish my paint job held up like yours! The interior is in good condition (albeit, the painted "wood" around the switchgear on the doors is rubbing off), but the exterior is faded all over.

You might try getting it buffed at a body shop. I got my Safari van buffed when it faded out, and it still looks good.

The secret is waxing the car every 3-4 months with good wax and keeping it washed once you get it buffed.

I got the van done for $125, which wasn't bad. The guy that buffed it buff's/rubs out cars like Lexus, Benz, Cadillac, etc....he did a nice job.

Since your car is smaller, and you live on Long Island perhaps the two factors would blance each other out, and you could get a similar deal.

Good luck!

Chris

Edited by 66Stang

holy crap the condition of that thing is amazing. wow! perfect color too!

honestly, i've always wanted one of those regals. i remember when those came out, and i read the articles about it in car and driver over and over. in my mind, the original 2 door w bodies were stunning cars, each one. i knew so many people with grand prixs it was amazing.

i loved the dash in those regals.

they said GM built cars no one wanted in the 80's, however, many of those cars I love, aside from their quality issues. in my mind the w bodies were bold, daring, and efficient.

They built some cool stuff on the W body chasis, for sure.

Chris

Very tidy-looking car! Congrats on the 250K miles, Bob! :)

Fantastic. Julie's MB 500SEC just turned 201,000 the other day. :)

Fantastic. Julie's MB 500SEC just turned 201,000 the other day. :)

Cool...the 500SEL aka 'Big Dog' turned 177,000 last week.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor