Keep it simple, no poll - what is your favorite car color?

It's been a while since we've polled on this...and we usually do it in poll form.

So without a poll, pick ONE car color that you could apply to any and all of the cars you like. You can pick:

( a ) color,

( b ) basic depth - light, medium or dark,

( c ) metallic or enamel

No need to describe your back-up...just ONE.

My pick: Light Metallic Blue

Why that choice? Both of the Cutlass Supremes and the Camaro I had were this color. I think it worked on all the cars I've owned, or would consider owning. Unfortunately, Glacier Blue Metallic was no longer a 2008 offering on LaCrosse, or I would have picked it.

Why the poll? I went to my local B-(P)-C-GM and looked at the color choices for Cadillac...there was no more Ice Blue Metallic...not even on the more traditional DTS...

Dark metallic gray. My '86 Mustang was dark metallic gray, and it looks great on any car I've seen in it...

From the Ford GT to the ZR1 to Porsches,

Audis, BMWs, Mercs, to theCaddy CTS-v, it's a great color on serious performance cars and luxury cars, esp. w/ red leather interior trimmings...metallic or not.

2009-cadillac-cts-v-car.jpg

I'd like my next car to dark metallic gray, fits in well in places w/ a lot of gray skies (it's the anti-Phoenix color).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

I took my own poll. I've had 1 vehicle each in black, white and beige. 2 in red. 3 each in silver and gray, and 5 each in blue and green.

My next one is going to be green or blue. It's up in the air at this juncture.

I'm the misfit here.

British Racing Green!

Chris

Although after that I would say blue, then white.

And I'm with Cubical, I like dark metallic grey, it looks good on everything.

Chris

White is usually effective in showing off a car's good lines...

be it a G8, a new Camaro, the last-run of the MC, etc.

See, I disagree... I've felt white hides a car's good lines... which is why so many classics were made in darker colors... blacks, navy blues, Verdoro green.

I feel that some cars... G8, Camaro, classic MC's look good in ALL colors. How else could a old Monte or the "Crank" boattail Riviera wear a diarrhea brown color and still look great?

My problem with colors is that most are like belly buttons... everyone has them. The only popular colors I like are Black and Red, but Red is too much of a cop magnet. I abhor white, silver and greys... again, way too popular... but boring. Sure, black is popular, too... but at least it is sinister and badass.

The colors I REALLY like are the unusual ones... Purple, Yellow and Midnight Blue as on the new GTO. The Stealth Blue on the '08 G8. Even the fairly common medium blue on the GF's Corolla.

Black

I detest white, it is far too common and it shows dirt plus its TERRIBLE color in the fog, and it gets foggy here.

Not that black doesn't but still.

That's what lights are for... :P

I like white paint on cars you don't expect to be white. Lime green Lambos are so cliched, so it's refreshing when there's one that's white.

However, if you ever go to an Audi display at a major autoshow, one can argue that white is starting to be overplayed...

Edited by pow

I like white on some cars. Problem is here is white is very common, as it is said to be cooler in the vile summer heat. So I see so many white , FWD generics--Corollas, Camrys, Cobalts, Versas, Sentras, Civics, Hyundais and Kias...dull, dull, dull. Way overused here, same with silver.

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

See, I disagree... I've felt white hides a car's good lines... which is why so many classics were made in darker colors... blacks, navy blues, Verdoro green.

I think I say this because the other cars I considered during my last purchase cycle, other than the LaX, looked best in white (IMO):

a 2007 Monte Carlo LT with alloys and the upright spoiler

a 2008 Grand Prix base sport sedan

And cars that I look at today look great in white, though I wouldn't necessarily buy them at this point:

the new Mercury Milan

the new Lincoln MKS

the new Mustang coupe, with its sequential turn signals

WOW, to all of them.

However, it's always been, when I was in college or living in the ATL, "oh, yeah, Robert drives the blue Cutlass ... or, remember the blue Camaro you had," so I strongly associate the metallic (lighter) blue colors with my first cars.

@moltie: absolutely...if I lived in AZ or FL, I would want a white car with a light colored interior...

Dark

Red

Metallic

Especially the one on the CTS. How do I pick colors on Caddy's website?

That CTS color is Crystal Red Tintcoat...been around since '08 and in the advertising, I think. My new favorite CTS color, though, is Black Cherry. Saw one last week on the freeway..gorgeous dark wine color.

To pick colors, go into the build your own..color is the first selection under 'Customize Your Vehicle' after picking the model.

Wow, no passenger side mirror, just like a 1991 Saturn SL whose buyer couldn't afford the $125 option.

The later ones had 2 mirrors, mounted lower. I like the single, high mounted mirror..distinctive. Great Big 80s car.