Sign in to follow this  
Z-06

2012 Chevy Malibu Interior Shots - Inside Line

91 posts in this topic

Oh my god, a Nav screen!!!! Finally.

The nav screen is a definite improvement, but the way the center console slopes forward and the curve around the glove box, it has an Accord look to it. I don't like how Honda interiors feel like they are sloping forward, or have that two-tier set up like Nissan likes. But the car buying public seems to like Hondas, so probably not a bad move for Chevy.

One thing I hate is the Camaro-style instrument cluster. I much prefer an instrument cluster integrated into the dash, not that pod sticking out that the current Malibu, CTS and Altima do.

I'm not sure if I like this more than the current Malibu, aside from the Nav screen. The Sonata however is better than this.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I like everything I see so far besides the squarish pods. I think round ones would look better.

Gotta see the whole thing first...that's not a very good angle.

Oh, I don't know. I know it's certainly better than this:

toyota_camry_interior-7265.jpg

And it'll still be better than whatever Toyota can design to replace it with.

This ass some people are so keen to kiss, well, from what I can tell, the 'Bu should easily match it:

2010-Hyundai-Sonata-Interior-Picture-588x392.jpg

I never really understood what made that interior design so special anyway. There's a peculiar "We rehashed Lexus!" feel about it that I simply don't care for.

07_Lexus_RX350_15.jpg

BFD.

And I don't see any Honda Accord here.

The gauge pods are a little bizarre, but I'll wait to see the entire interior from other angles before I give that detail a thumbs down.

I do also like how the driver and passenger side vents are integrated into the design.

Edited by whiteknight
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bad angle, as someone said. Gauge squares look like crap... little cap on top looks like a cheap afterthought. Nav screen I hope has other features, otherwise its a huge waste of real estate... I don't like the angle of the screen... looks to me like something that would have glare issues. Sometimes I think people only like having Nav screens because its like having a futuristic TV in your car... or something like K.I.T.T.

Favorite parts of photo... the giant red button. I think EVERY car should have a giant, shiny, ominous, unmarked red button.

I also think its about time that GM put an equipment rack on the console so I can use my laptop as I drive. Email is MUCH safer than texting. (Yeah, I've emailed from my laptop while driving.) I have long envied being able to drive and port scan.

wow that looks terrible. chevy is really screwing the pooch on the next gen malibu and its future in general with this thing.

if i were CEO i'd order an immediate redesign on a fast track of that interior and get something suitable in the works NOW.

garbage in, garbage out. thank goodness the folks at Opel gave us the Regal. Even the Cruze interior looks to be nicer than this.

I suppose to some degree they are trying to imitate the LaCrosse at least with the gauges.

now i know for certain if i am shopping affordable midsizers I can cross chevy off the list. looks like the choice got a lot simpler. Sonata/Optima, Mazda6, Legacy, Altima should be enough to pick from.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

What don't you like about the car to make you think GM is issuing a grade-A screw up here, reg?

It's a Malibu, not a heavily discounted Bentley Mulsanne. Against the competition, I think this will stand more than a chance.

And, please, what exactly is the sudden fascination with the damn Sonata? It's only grown to new, retarded heights since Hoonday pulled the wraps off of it.

Okay, yeah I get it. Hyundai built something that may actually last longer than the warranty and isn't complete shit for once since they washed up here some 20-odd years ago. Good for them. They're not a complete joke anymore. Woo-hoo.

But let's get real, though. The Sonata isn't the second coming of our long-awaited Lord and Savior Jesus Automotive H. Christ. It isn't even the first, for that matter. What is so damn miraculous about the car? As far as I can tell, it doesn't run on any new-age alternative fuel. It doesn't get 200 lightyears to a gallon of gas. The interior looks like a Lexus-rehash with better detailing and the exterior looks like someone stuck some chrome to the front fenders of a melted Mercedes CLS (yuck). The damn hybrid has the most retarded grin on its face since the Mazda 3.

What's the fascination? It's most certainly not the new class-standard as far as I can see.

Edited by whiteknight
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

inb4 a thread full of this:

I can already see where this thread is headed to, nothing but a bunch of whining and what you just saw in the video.

Edited by whiteknight
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

It's certainly more interesting than the exterior. These new GM Daewoo sedans seem to have more successful interiors than exteriors, especially with the Cruze.

I like how the A/C vents continue into the doors, even if they are fake. They're kinda retro... the Prius uses similar vents.

Ugh...those angled-toward each other gauges that are appearing everywhere (not sure if it was Audi or Mercedes that started that dumb trend) and teh silly hat on top of the gauges like the LaCrosse...

Looks promising. I'm really liking the fact that it is not a clone of EVERY OTHER recent GM dashboard, from CTS to Aveo... which all have the same basic center stack shape.

Not sure--need better pictures. Not digging the pods for the gauges though. Nice to see Nav, Pushbutton Start and Dual Zone Climate Control finally though.

I don't like the gauge pods sticking out, or that curve put in above the glove box, but we will have to wait to see the final version.

The Camry interior is boring, but their buyers like boring, and they have a lot of Toyota loyalists that keep coming back.

• Downvote 1

What don't you like about the car to make you think GM is issuing a grade-A screw up here, reg?

It's a Malibu, not a heavily discounted Bentley Mulsanne. Against the competition, I think this will stand more than a chance.

And, please, what exactly is the sudden fascination with the damn Sonata? It's only grown to new, retarded heights since Hoonday pulled the wraps off of it.

Okay, yeah I get it. Hyundai built something that may actually last longer than the warranty and isn't complete shit for once since they washed up here some 20-odd years ago. Good for them. They're not a complete joke anymore. Woo-hoo.

But let's get real, though. The Sonata isn't the second coming of our long-awaited Lord and Savior Jesus Automotive H. Christ. It isn't even the first, for that matter. What is so damn miraculous about the car? As far as I can tell, it doesn't run on any new-age alternative fuel. It doesn't get 200 lightyears to a gallon of gas. The interior looks like a Lexus-rehash with better detailing and the exterior looks like someone stuck some chrome to the front fenders of a melted Mercedes CLS (yuck). The damn hybrid has the most retarded grin on its face since the Mazda 3.

What's the fascination? It's most certainly not the new class-standard as far as I can see.

this interior is ugly. and cheap looking. as for the sonata. drive one. people are snapping them up very fast these days. with an interior like this, chevy will not have to worry about that problem, especially with the silly ribbing and cheap looking switchgear.

the sonata is selling because of the math (A lot for a little). plus the interior is very good on the hyundai, it comes off better than the price of the car. GM will nosebleed the pricing on this and the interior will not reflect the price. People will feel like they are getting screwed and move on.

Edited by regfootball
  • Downvote 4

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this