BMW of North America -  Down 1.7% for the month, Down 1.2% for the year
Genesis Motor America - Not Reported
Honda Motor Co. Up 1.9% for the month, Down 0.9% for the year
Hyundai Motor America -  Up 12.13% for the month, Up 3.10% for the year
Infiniti USA - 
Down 11.2% for the month, Down 12.5% for the year
Jaguar Land Rover North America - Up 5% for the month, Up 5% for the year
Kia Motors America - Up 0.6% for the month, Up 3.3% for the year
Mazda North American Operations - Down 3.5%  for the month, Down 13.9% for the year
Mercedes-Benz USA - 19.5% for the month, Down 4.0% for the year
Mitsubishi Motors North America -  Down 13.4% for the month, Up 3.2% for the year
Nissan Group - Down 9.1% for the month, Down 8.3% for the year
Porsche Cars North America Inc. -  Up 23.3% for the month, Up 5.3% for the year
Subaru of America, Inc. - Up 7.9% for the month, Up 5.6% for the year
Toyota Motor North America - Up 0.2% for the month, Down 2.6% for the year
Volkswagen of America -  Up 2.2% for the month, Up 6.1% for the year
Volvo Cars of North America, LLC - Up 2.0% for the month, Up 4.7% for the year

Brands (Quarterly):
Alfa Romeo - Not Reported
Buick -  Not Reported
Cadillac -  Not Reported
Chevrolet - Not Reported
Chrysler - Not Reported
Dodge - Not Reported
Ford - Not Reported
Fiat - Not Reported
GMC - Not Reported
Jeep - Not Reported
Lincoln - Not Reported
Ram Trucks - Not Reported
Tesla - Not Reported

Brands (Monthly):
Acura - Down 3.7% - 12,759 MTD / 86,526 YTD
Audi - Down 0.3% - 19,409 MTD / 101,440 YTD
BMW - Up 4.7% - 24,842 MTD / 199,865 YTD
Genesis - Not reported
Honda - Up 2.5% - 128,537 MTD / 831,765 YTD
Hyundai - Up 12.3% - 57,340 MTD / 390,668 YTD
Infiniti - Down 11.2% - 8,660 MTD / 71,718 YTD
Jaguar - Up 7% - 2,020 MTD
Kia - Up 0.6% - 53,405 MTD / 358,249 YTD
Land Rover -  Up 4% - 6,456 MTD
Lexus - Down 1.5% - 25,025 MTD  / 160,760 YTD
Mazda - Down 3.5% - 23,292 MTD / 161,847 YTD
Mercedes-Benz - Up 22.9% - 24,612 MTD / 172,008 YTD
Mercedes-Benz Vans - Down 1.5% 2,878 MTD / 18,903 YTD
MINI - Down 34.2% - 2,827 MTD / 20,410 YTD
Mitsubishi - Down 13.4% - 8,613 MTD / 79,710 YTD
Nissan - Down 8.9% - 90,220 MTD / 744,198 YTD
Porsche - Up 23.3% - 4,956 MTD / 35,213 YTD
Smart - Down 45.6% - 56 MTD / 552 YTD
Subaru - Up 7.9% - 64,106 MTD / 403,631 YTD
Toyota - Up 0.4% - 184,179 MTD / 1,200,552 YTD
Volkswagen - Up 2.2% - 31,188 MTD / 215,796 YTD
Volvo - Up 2.0%8,795 MTD / 58,915 YTD

View full article

15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Japanese luxury brands all down, Audi down, over at Mercedes business is boomin'

So one good month out of a down year is “boomin’“?  Boomin so much that they are slashing everything, cancelling vaporware projects (X Class) and lost money last quarter.

You must have gotten a really sweet deal on those rose colored glasses if you’re able see that. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Japanese luxury brands all down, Audi down, over at Mercedes business is boomin'

Really, you need to wash those Rose colored glasses.

Excluding the few high percentage auto's, the bulk of their product line is dead or heavy down especially year to date.

If this was your favorite hate company GM, you would be ripping them apart about the negative models.

Plus lets look at the whole company, it is only really up 19.5% for the month as vans and smart are dragging MB down.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Why "only" ? 19.5% is great. Cadillac and Lincoln would kill to be up 19.5%. 

For the year DOWN -4%

One month does not make the year.

Lincoln is UP 1.3% for the Year

Cadillac DOWN .3% for the Year

Porsche UP 5.3% for the Year

BMW DOWN 1.7% for the Year

I could go on, but MB is doing worse than many others. They did great years before, but clearly they need some major changes and style updates.

• Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Why "only" ? 19.5% is great. Cadillac and Lincoln would kill to be up 19.5%. 

Still down 4.0% for the year making this one month an anomaly in an otherwise $h! year for Benz. He sure as hell didn’t offer that kind of rosy observation when FCA had their double digit growth months but fanboys will always be fanboys. 

Hyundai was up 12% for the month while being up 3% for the year. If business is “boomin” at Benz, then it exploded at Hyundai. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

I don't think Mercedes needs to do anything other than a little trimming of the fat because their products are at the top or close to the top in all of their respective segments. 

I know they're down for the year but I don't understand the wording of "only" being up 19.5%. 

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

I don't think Mercedes needs to do anything other than a little trimming of the fat because their products are at the top or close to the top in all of their respective segments. 

I know they're down for the year but I don't understand the wording of "only" being up 19.5%. 

Context is your friend. One good month on top of six bad months does not mean business is “boomin”. Again, it looks more like an anomaly like FCAs past months of double digit sales growth. 

• Agree 1

Just now, ccap41 said:

I never said they were "boomin".

My response was to: 

Never said you did. The original remark was made by SMK in regards to that 19% jump in an otherwise down year which was pointed out by multiple people. Again, context. 

9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

WTF are you even going on about at this point?  Are you trying to argue to just argue or what? 

I stated an opinion that their lineup doesn't need "major changes and style updates" and that 19.5% is great, regardless of sample size. 

Actually it seems like it is all you by cherry picking dfelts one remake while ignoring the context of his entire statement. I stated the line of events brought on by SMKs “boomin” remark. If you don’t understand that, then maybe you need step back and read all of this again before accusing me of something I’m not doing. 

Good grief. 

Edited by surreal1272

My opinion : month-to-month is a puzzling, meaningless figure. Much too brief a snapshot and frankly, too much time has passed to keep the comparison valid. YTD compares (here) 7 months instead of 1; now we have some significant time involved.

Moves of 2 or 3% are also meaningless by month. Sure it translates to dollars, but you’re never going to have unending ascension in business, and 2 or 3 or 4% is just a natural flux in commerce.

Now, you have a model that drops 22% over 7 months this year vs. 7 months last year, and you better ‘be putting people on that’.

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 3

The American market is Mercedes’ #3 volume market so it isn’t their most important and they sell a lot of A-class based product in China and Europe so some of this stuff that may not sell well here sells well other places to pay for it.

Business is always boomin’ even when it isn’t.

39 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Pick a thread, any thread. 

*surreal arguing with somebody*

*dfelt forcing EVs" 

We all argue ccap. 

*ccap takes things completely out of context and acts like a drama queen*

meanwhile dfelt has not made one EV mention on this thread. 

Edited by surreal1272

The fact is that sales are clearly in a state of flux and, rabid fanboy logic aside, no one in those companies should feel very comfortable about their situations. Month to mont for a lot of them have been just a roller coaster ride of instability. Up 19% one month, down 12% the next. Who knows right now?

57 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

please GIF

I'm such a rabid fanboy for Mercedes I'm in another thread saying how much better the Corvette is than the AMG GT! 

You really need to seek help and take some context and comprehension classes. There is only one rabid Benz fanboy and sure as hell isn’t you. You think way too highly of yourself to think that I was talking about you when the obvious fanboy already posted and that’s what started this whole discussion. Good lord man. Pay attention next time. 

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2019 at 12:34 PM, ccap41 said:

*surreal arguing with somebody*

*dfelt forcing EVs" 

Yep....content around here could use some fresh though and self editing. 

On 8/3/2019 at 6:49 AM, ocnblu said:

Soooo... yeah Drew... maybe quarterly is best.  Matthew Perry Bath GIF by Friends

I am sure you have had plenty of hard nights also...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

^^^ That's a really well done conversion!

I thought so.

A little more automotive content...I am so glad Ford still builds the Mustang. Enjoy...short clip...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This is interesting content....

Off topic...but interesting.

Awesome conversion!

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, balthazar said:

[TL;DW] did the audi conversion vid state how much the whole project cost?

Well he bought a 200k mile Audi and a wrecked Tesla. I would imagine that would be less money than one new Tesla P85D.  The rest of it was custom machining and computer hacking, which it sounds like he did a lot on his own. 

• Agree 1

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings