Drew Dowdell

Watch the Ford Mustang Mach-E Unveiling Live, 9 PM Eastern: Comments

Will be back to see what everyone thinks, my kids are taking me out for dinner. Back in a few hours ya'll! :metal:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Will be back to see what everyone thinks, my kids are taking me out for dinner. Back in a few hours ya'll! :metal:

But you'll miss it!

7 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

But you'll miss it!

Crazy month, the kids are busy so taking me out for my 52nd B-day dinner early. :P Steak, yummmmmm 

🥩

• Like 1

Obviously these sort of things are a lot of fluff, but they barely talked about performance other than up to 300 mile range and an estimated 0-60 time of the GT.  They didn’t talk price or trim levels, or any features outside of Sync.  And this was over a half hour, iris like these people don’t know how to sell cars.  And judging by recent performance that seems to be the case.

When the C8 reveal happened they gave you a price, features engineering, they gave you reasons to buy it.  Every reason Ford gave to buy one of these Tesla already does, and probably better than Ford does it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

the exterior is just fine.  looks good, i thought they would botch it.  Not a mustang but a crossover with sleek styling, well done.  I've seen a few of the new Escape already and let me tell you, those are not styled near as well as this is.  The new Escapes are mailed in, strange, don't even look like Fords.

interior is almost hot garbage in the pictures, i.e. looks cheap, and the huge ipad sucks.  i guess we can save final judgment on that for when its in the flesh. 

is this thing going to be sold in significant volumes or not?  If not, its a PR car.  Like the Volt and Bolt.

Although look at this the Mach-E looks cool, the Bolt just looks nerdy.

Edited by regfootball

Too much Tesla influence, with the giant glued-on dash tablet and the otherworldly front end.  One must NEVER bow to Elon Musk.  And wow, they copied the 1960 Chevy Corvair with that front trunk.  Whole thing is an insult to the Mustang spirit.

I'd rather drive a 1974 Mustang II Mach 1 with 2.8L V6 and 3-speed automatic than this faceless cyborg.

Ford is f@#king up BIG TIME with this.

• Downvote 5

While I'm not a huge fan of throwing Mustang on the actual vehicle name I think people are missing the point in why they're doing it. Balthy can probably understand as EV sales really aren't much of anything. They're using the name to grab attention and attention they got. Chevy came out with the Bolt and hardly made a splash and it's a very adequate EV with no real downsides outside of price.. and 'looks' but those are subjective. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

While I'm not a huge fan of throwing Mustang on the actual vehicle name I think people are missing the point in why they're doing it. Balthy can probably understand as EV sales really aren't much of anything. They're using the name to grab attention and attention they got. Chevy came out with the Bolt and hardly made a splash and it's a very adequate EV with no real downsides outside of price.. and 'looks' but those are subjective. 

Yes, it's definitely a marketing move.  It will be interesting to see if it works or not.  This has flashy styling, kind of Tesla-esque, some hints of Mustang.    

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Too much Tesla influence, with the giant glued-on dash tablet and the otherworldly front end.  One must NEVER bow to Elon Musk.  And wow, they copied the 1960 Chevy Corvair with that front trunk.  Whole thing is an insult to the Mustang spirit.

I'd rather drive a 1974 Mustang II Mach 1 with 2.8L V6 and 3-speed automatic than this faceless cyborg.

Ford is f@#king up BIG TIME with this.

Who would have thought that you would have a problem with an EV? Just shocking.

The new Corvette has a trunk in the front too but who’s keeping actual count here and aside from the ridiculous tablet it bears no resemblance to a Tesla. Hell the profile screams Jaguar to me which actually isn’t a bad thing (just slightly more “stretched”).  You always see the negative in EVs even if it looked exactly like you would want it to look so your opinion of it is always taken with a laughable grain of salt. Thanks for not disappointing with your “expert” analysis. 

961DB429-A189-4FFC-8ACA-89E72B82E769.jpeg

04E580D5-7E9D-43A5-AEC8-BA27C8486A77.jpeg

Edited by surreal1272
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I'll admit to being a Mustang fan since childhood, and have owned multiple Mustangs.   I'm also 'EV-curious'...not likely to buy one any time soon, but I'm not rabidly anti-EV like some.   Looking forward to seeing this one in person.   The performance and range sound great at first read. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I'll admit to being a Mustang fan since childhood, and have owned multiple Mustangs.   I'm also 'EV-curious'...not likely to buy one any time soon, but I'm not rabidly anti-EV like some.   Looking forward to seeing this one in person.   The performance and range sound great at first read. 

It’s called having an open mind which is sorely lacking for some. As long as Ford doesn’t bitch this up (i.e. the Explorer/Aviator launch), they may actually be on to something here. Still not crazy about that oversized tablet though. That is a maintenance and damage nightmare waiting to happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think it is an all around interesting move that their first real EV(excluding the joke of a Focus Electric) is near coupe-like and performance oriented as opposed to something basic as sht like an electric Escape or Fusion sized/shaped vehicles. 

31 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

It’s called having an open mind which is sorely lacking for some. As long as Ford doesn’t bitch this up (i.e. the Explorer/Aviator launch), they may actually be on to something here. Still not crazy about that oversized tablet though. That is a maintenance and damage nightmare waiting to happen.

I have a feeling the massive tablet is going to become more and more common as it reduces costs and people like big screens, in general. 

Enthusiasts notice it doesn't flow well but AverageAshley just sees something that looks highly technologically advanced because big screen and sees fancy.  

Edited by ccap41
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, smk4565 said:

Obviously these sort of things are a lot of fluff, but they barely talked about performance other than up to 300 mile range and an estimated 0-60 time of the GT.  They didn’t talk price or trim levels, or any features outside of Sync.  And this was over a half hour, iris like these people don’t know how to sell cars.  And judging by recent performance that seems to be the case.

When the C8 reveal happened they gave you a price, features engineering, they gave you reasons to buy it.  Every reason Ford gave to buy one of these Tesla already does, and probably better than Ford does it.

They talked about plenty and it looks better than anything from Daimler. The C8 had years of coverage prior to it’s official release so you are not even close to comparing apples to oranges here. Again, anything to besmirch a domestic product. 

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I think it is an all around interesting move that their first real EV(excluding the joke of a Focus Electric) is a near coupe-like and performance oriented as opposed to something basis as sht like an electric Escape or Fusion sized/shaped vehicles. 

Agreed. Ford should be give a ton of credit for not going the route you mentioned and giving  a clean slate product while carrying a familiar face (Mustang in this case). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

They talked about plenty and it looks better than anything from Daimler. The C8 had years of coverage prior to it’s official release so you are not even close to comparing apples to oranges here. Again, anything to besmirch a domestic product. 

Agreed. Ford should be give a ton of credit for not going the route you mentioned and giving  a clean slate product while carrying a familiar face (Mustang in this case). 

The C8 had a better presentation.  I was comparing the events.  This Mach-e presentation was overly scripted and even Bill Ford seemed wooden and stiff, he didn’t even seem that excited.  Tadge Juecter or however you spell it was super excited and passionate about the C8, he made you want to go out and buy one.  Bill Ford and Jim Hackett didn’t sell me on anything.  

Edited by smk4565
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, frogger said:

I would sure take it over the GM-China effort Menlo EV

image.thumb.png.f73acb9e055a36e4da2434db601b54f8.png

Though this might be a good addition to the US Chevy line, it looks more appealing than the Bolt.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Im a muscle car guy through and through (and in my definition, pony cars are certainly included) and I do like the Mustang throughout its history, although there are more than a couple of generations that I cant stand. From 1971-2004 to be exact, by I digress...

I do like the looks of this "Mustang" Mach E. Its performance and range is on par with Tesla products. In the looks department, it surpasses the Tesla Model X by miles... 

It should do well in the market place as it mimics Tesla quite well.  From range and performance to interior simplicity and iPad screens. And its a better looker to boot! 

If it does not sell well, its because

1. The EV people really do NOT trust the status quo automakers such as Ford, GM VW and the like, and are ONLY loyal to Tesla

2. The curious folk that are intrigued by EVs are NOT ready just yet, if ever, to commit to buying an EV. 

And if it does not sell, it will be a damned shame as it seems like Ford, as a late comer to the 100% pure BEV market, has done it right. And done it right the FIRST timea around. Nobody can accuse the Mach E as a compliance EV as some do the Bolt...

The Porsche Taycan is a good try. But it aint a Tesla Killer.

The Jaguar whatever its called, is an OK try...but it fails to be in the same vicinity as a Tesla product.

The Bolt is a good try too, but its far from being a Tesla product equivalent.

The Mach E as Ford's first BEV, is in the same territory!!!  Quite the accomplishment!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Though this might be a good addition to the US Chevy line, it looks more appealing than the Bolt.

The Menlo and it seems like the Buick Velite 6 are more on par of what GM should be offering in North America. 

These are NOT Tesla competitors as Tesla is geared towards speed and performance. Performance enthusiasts love Teslas as do average folk too, and these offerings from GM looks to be more geared for the normal folk, which is a good thing. Nothing wrong with that. The Bolt is just too damned small for North American family hauling duties. The Model 3 is at the limit. The Model S is perfect. The Model X is duh...an SUV.  The Bolt is a sub-compact econobox...  When in history  have sub-compact econoboxes sold well in the US and Canada?  Let alone an EV sub-compact...

Ford's engines and trannies and all wheels drive setups break down after the last payment is made, so they decided to make a car without a gas engine and complex corresponding driveline.  So maybe this vehicle exists for Ford to improve their reliability ratings,

• Haha 4

The Mustang name to this EV could be a detriment to the Mustang name...but it could be a genius move.  Only time will tell.

The thing is, I think Ford is ready to expand the Mustang portfolio and kinda make it into some sort of brand. I do not mean that Ford will branch off Mustang into its own division, but expand the Mustang portfolio...

Image result for Mustang Mach e"

The Mustang was always special in the Ford line-up. Immediately the year after its launch even.  There were Mustangs, and then there were SHELBY Mustangs and today, Mustang is sold all over the world. 

A 4 door SUV EV Mustang?  Why the hell not? 

Mustangs, from Ford or from the Shelby years are synonymous with performance.  And this Mustang Mach-E has the performance to back up its Mustang branded name....

Im ready to call this a genius move. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Jim Hackett's tenure as Ford CEO will be coming to a close on October 1st as he will retire from the position. His replacement is Jim Farley, currently Ford's Chief Operating Officer, a role he took on at the beginning of this year. In a press release, Ford said the two will be working together over the next two months on the transition. Hackett will stay on as "special advisor" for some time after.
      “I am very grateful to Jim Hackett for all he has done to modernize Ford and prepare us to compete and win in the future. Our new product vision – led by the Mustang Mach-E, new F-150 and Bronco family – is taking shape. We now have compelling plans for electric and autonomous vehicles, as well as full vehicle connectivity. And we are becoming much more nimble, which was apparent when we quickly mobilized to make life-saving equipment at the outset of the pandemic,” said Ford executive chairman, Bill Ford.
      Hackett became Ford's CEO in 2017 after the ousting of then CEO Mark Fields. His short tenure brought forth some major and controversial decisions such as Ford killing off most of their passenger car nameplates to focus on trucks and utility vehicles; spending $11 billion in electric vehicles by 2022, and the introductions of the Mach-E, 2021 F-150, and Bronco. He has also dealt with a lot frustration from various groups as The Detroit News outlines,
      Hackett admitted that his tenure did cause a fair amount of friction, but said his efforts are starting to show.
      "I aimed for moving ahead versus just moving fast. Could we aim for a longer-arc kind of reward. In this case, for the three years it takes to get products to market, you're starting to see the fruits of our labor."
      Farley, who has been with Ford since 2007, knows he has a tough road ahead. Aside from realizing the various paths laid out by Hackett, he also has to deal with the issues of the COVID-19 pandemic and hopefully launch two of Ford's key product without any issues.
      Source: Ford
      Press Release is on Page 2

FORD ANNOUNCES JIM HACKETT TO RETIRE AS PRESIDENT AND CEO; JIM FARLEY TO SUCCEED HACKETT AS COMPANY CONTINUES TRANSFORMATION
      Jim Hackett, who has led Ford Motor Company’s transformation since 2017 as president and CEO, has elected to retire from the company Jim Farley, currently chief operating officer, becomes president and CEO of Ford effective Oct. 1. He was also elected to the Ford board of directors. He will work closely with Jim Hackett on the transition over the next two months Seamless CEO transition underscores strength of Ford’s leadership team, succession planning, and company progress over the past three years, Executive Chairman Bill Ford says DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 4, 2020 – Ford Motor Company today announced that Jim Hackett, who has led the company’s transformation since 2017, plans to retire from the company. Jim Farley has been named the company’s new president and CEO and will join the board of directors, effective Oct. 1.
      Hackett, 65, and Farley, 58, will work together on a smooth leadership transition over the next two months.
      Under Hackett, Ford moved aggressively into the new era of smart vehicles and drove a deeper focus on customers’ wants and needs. At the same time, Ford improved the fitness of the base business – restructuring operations, invigorating the product portfolio and reducing bureaucracy.
      “I am very grateful to Jim Hackett for all he has done to modernize Ford and prepare us to compete and win in the future,” said Bill Ford, Ford’s executive chairman. “Our new product vision – led by the Mustang Mach-E, new F-150 and Bronco family – is taking shape. We now have compelling plans for electric and autonomous vehicles, as well as full vehicle connectivity. And we are becoming much more nimble, which was apparent when we quickly mobilized to make life-saving equipment at the outset of the pandemic.”
      Farley, an automotive leader with deep global experience and a successful track record, collaborated with Hackett over the past three years to develop and execute Ford’s Creating Tomorrow Together plan to transform Ford into a higher-growth, higher-margin business.
      “Jim Farley matches an innate feel for cars and customers with great instincts for the future and the new technologies that are changing our industry,” Bill Ford said. “Jim’s passion for great vehicles and his intense drive for results are well known, and I have also seen him develop into a transformational leader with the determination and foresight to help Ford thrive into the future.”
      Farley joined Ford in 2007 as global head of Marketing and Sales and went on to lead Lincoln, Ford South America, Ford of Europe and all Ford global markets in successive roles. In April 2019, Farley was chosen to lead Ford’s New Businesses, Technology & Strategy team, helping the company determine how to capitalize on powerful forces reshaping the industry – such as software platforms, connectivity, AI, automation and new forms of propulsion. He was named chief operating officer in February of this year.
      Hackett, who will continue as a special advisor to Ford through March of 2021, said the time is right to pass the mantle of leadership to Jim Farley.
      “My goal when I took on the CEO role was to prepare Ford to win in the future,” Hackett said. “The hardest thing for a proud, long-lived company to do is change to meet the challenges of the world it’s entering rather than the world it has known. I’m very proud of how far we have come in creating a modern Ford and I am very optimistic about the future.
      “I have worked side-by-side with Jim Farley for the past three years and have the greatest confidence in him as a person and a leader,” Hackett said. “He has been instrumental in crafting our new product portfolio and redesigning our businesses around the world. He is also a change agent with a deep understanding of how to lead Ford in this new era defined by smart vehicles in a smart world.”
      Said Farley: “I love Ford and I am honored by the opportunity to serve and create value for Ford’s employees, customers, dealers, communities and all of our stakeholders. Jim Hackett has laid the foundation for a really vibrant future and we have made tremendous progress in the past three years. I am so excited to work together with the whole Ford team to realize the full potential of this great company in a new era.”

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Jim Hackett's tenure as Ford CEO will be coming to a close on October 1st as he will retire from the position. His replacement is Jim Farley, currently Ford's Chief Operating Officer, a role he took on at the beginning of this year. In a press release, Ford said the two will be working together over the next two months on the transition. Hackett will stay on as "special advisor" for some time after.
      “I am very grateful to Jim Hackett for all he has done to modernize Ford and prepare us to compete and win in the future. Our new product vision – led by the Mustang Mach-E, new F-150 and Bronco family – is taking shape. We now have compelling plans for electric and autonomous vehicles, as well as full vehicle connectivity. And we are becoming much more nimble, which was apparent when we quickly mobilized to make life-saving equipment at the outset of the pandemic,” said Ford executive chairman, Bill Ford.
      Hackett became Ford's CEO in 2017 after the ousting of then CEO Mark Fields. His short tenure brought forth some major and controversial decisions such as Ford killing off most of their passenger car nameplates to focus on trucks and utility vehicles; spending $11 billion in electric vehicles by 2022, and the introductions of the Mach-E, 2021 F-150, and Bronco. He has also dealt with a lot frustration from various groups as The Detroit News outlines,
      Hackett admitted that his tenure did cause a fair amount of friction, but said his efforts are starting to show.
      "I aimed for moving ahead versus just moving fast. Could we aim for a longer-arc kind of reward. In this case, for the three years it takes to get products to market, you're starting to see the fruits of our labor."
      Farley, who has been with Ford since 2007, knows he has a tough road ahead. Aside from realizing the various paths laid out by Hackett, he also has to deal with the issues of the COVID-19 pandemic and hopefully launch two of Ford's key product without any issues.
      Source: Ford

FORD ANNOUNCES JIM HACKETT TO RETIRE AS PRESIDENT AND CEO; JIM FARLEY TO SUCCEED HACKETT AS COMPANY CONTINUES TRANSFORMATION
      Jim Hackett, who has led Ford Motor Company’s transformation since 2017 as president and CEO, has elected to retire from the company Jim Farley, currently chief operating officer, becomes president and CEO of Ford effective Oct. 1. He was also elected to the Ford board of directors. He will work closely with Jim Hackett on the transition over the next two months Seamless CEO transition underscores strength of Ford’s leadership team, succession planning, and company progress over the past three years, Executive Chairman Bill Ford says DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 4, 2020 – Ford Motor Company today announced that Jim Hackett, who has led the company’s transformation since 2017, plans to retire from the company. Jim Farley has been named the company’s new president and CEO and will join the board of directors, effective Oct. 1.
      Hackett, 65, and Farley, 58, will work together on a smooth leadership transition over the next two months.
      Under Hackett, Ford moved aggressively into the new era of smart vehicles and drove a deeper focus on customers’ wants and needs. At the same time, Ford improved the fitness of the base business – restructuring operations, invigorating the product portfolio and reducing bureaucracy.
      “I am very grateful to Jim Hackett for all he has done to modernize Ford and prepare us to compete and win in the future,” said Bill Ford, Ford’s executive chairman. “Our new product vision – led by the Mustang Mach-E, new F-150 and Bronco family – is taking shape. We now have compelling plans for electric and autonomous vehicles, as well as full vehicle connectivity. And we are becoming much more nimble, which was apparent when we quickly mobilized to make life-saving equipment at the outset of the pandemic.”
      Farley, an automotive leader with deep global experience and a successful track record, collaborated with Hackett over the past three years to develop and execute Ford’s Creating Tomorrow Together plan to transform Ford into a higher-growth, higher-margin business.
      “Jim Farley matches an innate feel for cars and customers with great instincts for the future and the new technologies that are changing our industry,” Bill Ford said. “Jim’s passion for great vehicles and his intense drive for results are well known, and I have also seen him develop into a transformational leader with the determination and foresight to help Ford thrive into the future.”
      Farley joined Ford in 2007 as global head of Marketing and Sales and went on to lead Lincoln, Ford South America, Ford of Europe and all Ford global markets in successive roles. In April 2019, Farley was chosen to lead Ford’s New Businesses, Technology & Strategy team, helping the company determine how to capitalize on powerful forces reshaping the industry – such as software platforms, connectivity, AI, automation and new forms of propulsion. He was named chief operating officer in February of this year.
      Hackett, who will continue as a special advisor to Ford through March of 2021, said the time is right to pass the mantle of leadership to Jim Farley.
      “My goal when I took on the CEO role was to prepare Ford to win in the future,” Hackett said. “The hardest thing for a proud, long-lived company to do is change to meet the challenges of the world it’s entering rather than the world it has known. I’m very proud of how far we have come in creating a modern Ford and I am very optimistic about the future.
      “I have worked side-by-side with Jim Farley for the past three years and have the greatest confidence in him as a person and a leader,” Hackett said. “He has been instrumental in crafting our new product portfolio and redesigning our businesses around the world. He is also a change agent with a deep understanding of how to lead Ford in this new era defined by smart vehicles in a smart world.”
      Said Farley: “I love Ford and I am honored by the opportunity to serve and create value for Ford’s employees, customers, dealers, communities and all of our stakeholders. Jim Hackett has laid the foundation for a really vibrant future and we have made tremendous progress in the past three years. I am so excited to work together with the whole Ford team to realize the full potential of this great company in a new era.”
    • By William Maley
      During a recent fireside chat with Bank of America, Ford teased a new 'Whitespace' product due in the 2021MY. What could that product be? Muscle Cars & Trucks speculates this may be a smaller pickup truck.
      We've been hearing rumblings about this since 2018 when Automobile Magazine first brought this to light. This truck would be the replacement for the Brazilian market Courier, last sold in 2013. It would be based on the C2 platform that underpinned at the time the new Focus for markets outside of the U.S. Fuel would be added to the fire a year later when Jim Farley, Ford's president of global markets dropped this,
      Since then, a trademark filing for Maverick by Ford has appeared, possibly giving us a name for this new model. Plus, dealers were shown this model earlier this year where it earned an enthusiastic reception.
      This model could have a starting price of around $20,000 or so when it launches. Stay tuned.
      Source: Muscle Cars & Trucks

View full article
    • By William Maley
      During a recent fireside chat with Bank of America, Ford teased a new 'Whitespace' product due in the 2021MY. What could that product be? Muscle Cars & Trucks speculates this may be a smaller pickup truck.
      We've been hearing rumblings about this since 2018 when Automobile Magazine first brought this to light. This truck would be the replacement for the Brazilian market Courier, last sold in 2013. It would be based on the C2 platform that underpinned at the time the new Focus for markets outside of the U.S. Fuel would be added to the fire a year later when Jim Farley, Ford's president of global markets dropped this,
      Since then, a trademark filing for Maverick by Ford has appeared, possibly giving us a name for this new model. Plus, dealers were shown this model earlier this year where it earned an enthusiastic reception.
      This model could have a starting price of around $20,000 or so when it launches. Stay tuned.
      Source: Muscle Cars & Trucks
    • By William Maley
      The past year is one that Nissan would like to forget. Their former CEO is arrested and then escapes to Lebanon. Shareholders are angry at the new leadership. Sales have been cratering and other issues. But the automaker is trying to get itself out of the hole by launching 10 new models in the next 20 months. The next model has been revealed this week - the 2022 Ariya EV.
      A compact SUV, the Ariya certainly looks futuristic with distinctive sculpting along the side, new "shield"-style front insert, and flowing roofline. Inside, Nissan goes for a minimalist approach with little brightwork and a row of touch-capacitive controls for the climate system that disappear when the vehicle is turned off. Two 12.3-inch screens serve as the instrument cluster and infotainment system.
      There will be two electric powertrains on offer for the Ariya,
      Single electric motor providing 215 horsepower and 221 pound-feet of torque, front-wheel drive Dual electric motors producing a total output of 389 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque, e-4ORCE all-wheel-drive Both powertrains will come standard with a 63.0-kWh battery pack, while a larger 87.0-kWh pack is optional. Nissan claims that the single electric motor paired with 87-kWh pack will achieve a max range of 300 miles - and that is based on the EPA cycle. No information was provided on recharge times.
      The Ariya will also come with Nissan's next-generation of ProPilot driver-assistance system called ProPilot 2.0. It will allow for hands-free driving in certain circumstances and can change lanes.
      Japan will be the first market to get the Ariya sometime in mid-2021. The U.S. won't see it until the end of 2021.
      Source: Nissan

Nissan’s product transformation continues with Ariya, a 100 percent electric crossover for a new era
      The next step of Nissan’s transformation is here with an all-new EV that delivers driving excitement, confidence, comfort and connectivity; set to go on sale in U.S. in 2021 with a $40,000 starting price NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nissan today introduced the all-new Nissan Ariya, an electric crossover SUV that lets customers travel up to approximately 300 miles per charge (preliminary Nissan estimate for long-range 2WD model) while enjoying greater driving excitement, confidence, comfort, and connectivity.
      Its debut marks a key milestone in the Nissan NEXT transformation initiative, a four-year plan building on Nissan's reputation for innovation, craftsmanship, customer-focus and quality, alongside an ongoing cultural transformation. As the company's first all-electric crossover SUV, the Ariya embodies the company's vision to enrich people's lives.
      Representing the pinnacle of Nissan's technologies and design, the 100% electric Nissan Ariya debuted during a digital event in Yokohama. Ariya promises powerful acceleration and smooth, quiet operation and advanced driver assistance and connectivity technology– wrapped in a sophisticated yet simple exterior design with a spacious, lounge-like interior.
      CEO Makoto Uchida and Chief Operating Officer Ashwani Gupta unveiled the Ariya to a global audience during a livestreamed event at the new Nissan Pavilion in Yokohama, Japan.
      "The Ariya, a key model in Nissan's plan to roll out 10 new models in 20 months, demonstrates our commitment to meeting customer demand for crossovers with the most advanced electrified, automated and connected technologies," Gupta said. "The company expects sales of its EVs and e-POWER electrified models to be more than 1 million units a year by the end of fiscal 2023. The Ariya will play a significant role in attaining that goal."
      Nissan also aims to introduce advanced driver assistance technologies in more than 20 models in 20 markets, and to have sold more than 1.5 million vehicles equipped with these systems in that same period.
      The all-new Nissan Ariya is scheduled to go on sale in Japan in mid-2021, followed by the U.S. and Canada later in the year. U.S. pricing will start around $40,000.
      Powerful performance for a wide range of needs
      Nissan was the first automaker to introduce a mass market electric vehicle with the Nissan LEAF in 2010, which has resulted in nearly 500,000 sales to date. Building on Nissan's strength as an EV pioneer, the Ariya takes the powerful performance and capabilities of zero-emission vehicles to the heart of the electric vehicle market.
      The car's all-electric drivetrain combines excellent power delivery, charging capabilities and range. Customers can choose from multiple configurations to meet their individual needs. These include two-wheel-drive and new "e-4ORCE" all-wheel drive versions, as well as two different battery sizes. The e-4ORCE all-wheel control system balances the powerful performance with a smooth, comfortable ride and all-weather capability. The system's twin electric motors provide balanced, assured handling with sports car-level power.
      Advanced design and technology for stress-free driving
      Ariya is also the most advanced embodiment of Nissan Intelligent Mobility in a car to date.
      Drivers will feel more confident and less stressed thanks to the available, next-generation ProPILOT Assist 2.0 advanced driver assistance system that uses driver attention monitoring to enable hands-off single-lane highway operation. Ariya will also offer e-Pedal, which allows the driver to start, accelerate and decelerate using only the accelerator pedal.
      Standard across the Ariya lineup is Nissan Safety Shield® 360, a suite of six advanced active safety and driver-assist technologies. This includes Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Rear Automatic Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and High Beam Assist. Ariya will also feature Nissan's Intelligent Around View Monitor, Intelligent Forward Collision Warning and other technologies aimed at making the drive easier and more enjoyable.
      A human-machine interface lets customers use natural speech to adjust car settings. Over-the-air firmware updates keep the Ariya feeling fresh and exciting. The Ariya also includes Amazon's Alexa to help customers simplify and organize their lives.
      Ariya will also feature wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ standard to help drivers seamlessly integrate their smartphone into their vehicle experience.
      Spacious, flat-floor cabin
      The Ariya's striking looks represent Nissan's new design language, Timeless Japanese Futurism. It is characterized by a distinctive Japanese approach, conveyed in a simple yet powerfully modern way.
      Nissan's designers took advantage of the car's new EV platform, which allows for a flat floor, and its compact climate control components to give the Ariya a very spacious cabin. The lounge-like interior, featuring thin profile Zero Gravity seats, provides a welcoming and comfortable environment for driver and passengers alike.
      "Nissan was a pioneer in the world of mass-market electric vehicles a decade ago with LEAF, setting the standard for affordable, mass-market electric vehicles. We expect nothing less for the new Nissan Ariya," said Gupta. "While the driving exhilaration of its acceleration and torque levels is undeniable, the Ariya offers balanced, customer-centric technology that is perfect for everyday use."
      Nissan Ariya Key Specifications
      Passenger configuration
      2-row, 5-passenger
      Drive configuration
      Front-wheel drive or e-4ORCE all-wheel drive
      Platform
      Newly developed Alliance CMF-EV
      Powertrain
      Single (FWD) / dual (e-4ORCE AWD) electric motor, Externally Excited Synchronous Motor (EESM)
      Battery capacity
      63 kWh / 87 kWh usable (total 65 kWh / 90 kWh)
      Thermal management
      Active battery management system
      Estimated range
      Up to approximately 300 miles (preliminary Nissan estimate)
      Level 2 charging
      Up to 7.2 kW
      DC charging type
      CCS standard up to 130 kW
      Output
      160 kW – 290 kW
      Torque
      221 lb-ft – 443 lb-ft
      Wheelbase
      109.3 in.
      Overall length
      182.9 in.
      Overall width
      74.8 in.
      Overall height
      65.4 in. – 65.7 (depending on roof rack)
      Cargo volume
      16.5 cu ft (FWD)
      14.6 (e-4ORCE)
      Wheel size
      19-inch or 20-inch
      Tire size
      235/55R19 or 255/45R20
      Available interior features
      Lounge-like space created by flat, open floor and slim-profile Zero Gravity seats; large, minimalist instrument panel with integrated capacitive haptic switches; innovative center storage box with fold-out tray, adjustable center console
      Available Advanced Driver Assist (ADAS) Technology
      ProPILOT Assist 2.0 featuring hands-off highway operation with Driver Monitoring System
      Available safety technology
      Nissan Safety Shield® 360 with Automatic Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection, Blind Spot Warning, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Departure Warning, High Beam Assist and Rear Automatic Braking
      Model configurations
      Ariya standard and long range (FWD)
      Ariya standard range e-4ORCE and long range e-4ORCE (AWD)
      * NOTE: All specifications are as of July 2020 and are subject to homologation. Model names, features and specifications may vary by market. Subject to final validation.

View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

• Drew Dowdell

Mask-it or casket!
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

Oh goodie! Look what my mom mailed to me. Ha.....ha.
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

You betcha!
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

You’ve heard this theory that there are a large number of people walking around infected by the virus but completely asymptotic? After a day out running errands, I’m not convinced this is true. The virus is clearly having a cognitive impact on these people and they walk among us (or in front of us slowly, or just stand there in the middle of the aisle, or make left hand turns from the right hand lane, or argue with cashiers over 50 cent price discrepancy while there’s a line to the back of the store and it turns out they read the price wrong)
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

It’s been 10 years together!
      · 0 replies
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook