Stainless steel moldings
16" alloy wheels
Door sill plates

Key Options
Dual panel sunroof
4-speed automatic
Stabilitrak (std on XR 3-door)
17" alloy wheels (std on XR 3-door)
18" Star Spoke alloy wheels (opt only on XR 3-door)
Advanced Audio Package (incl 6-disc CD changer, AM/FM/MP3, 7-speaker stereo, enchanced radio display)
Premium Trim Package (incl heated leather seats, vinyl door trim, ambient LED lighting pack)
Sport Handling Package (opt only on XR 5-door)

Color Pallette
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Air conditioning is overrated you wussies.

I could be happy with power nothing- not even steering and no a/c. Just give me a stick, some style, speed control, and a fun to drive factor, and that's all I'd ever need!

Keep in mind this is a German car built on a German line that was never intended to cater to American tastes. Many lower end German cars come without A/C.

Not sure about not being able to cater to American tastes, as they are able to cater to Australian tastes. Holden's entire Astra lineup comes with A/C as standard and with different trim levels to the Opels. Although I think most Holden Astras aren't sourced from Germany, but other Europian countries like Belgium.

Wow. Are those the 18" wheels in those color sample pics? Makes me notice how diminuitive this Astra is. It seems a lot larger in pictures, when you aren't considering the wheel size.

Also, Americans might be put off by its styling. It looks a bit more awkward than the Cobalt and even the ION, but not as awkward as the G5.

Anyway.... I'll take an '09 Red Line in Salsa Red with leather seats, and the 260hp unit from the Sky RL. :thumbsup:

While the lack of A/C as standard is - at face value - odd, expect every single Astra to be equipped with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also sure that the base price was lowered a bit without the A/C so that models equipped with A/C would be competitive with other cars in the market. I think this car is going to do extremely well. I think this is what my daughter is going to get when she begins driving.

GM AGAIN ONLY WITH BLACK INTERIOR.....MY CUZ WAS GOING TO BUY ONE SHE WAS WAITING FOR THIS CAR..

SHE WON'T BE BUYING THIS CAR B/C ALL HER CARS HAVE BEIGE INTERIORS IN THEM. SHE ISN'T HAPPY B/C SHE WAS WILLING TO OVERPAY FOR THIS CAR A LITTLE TO WAIT FOR IT. SHE MISSED OUT ON A GOOD DEAL ON A CIVIC COUPE THAT SHE REALLY LIKED AND I TOLD HER TO HOLD OFF FOR THE ASTRA. SHE ALWAYS BUYS HONDA OR TOYOTA. NOW SHE IS PISSED OFF AT ME B/C SHE MISSED OUT ON THAT DEAL. WHAT CAN I SAY TO HER SHE IS RIGHT, I HAD NO IDEA THAT GM WAS ONLY GOING TO OFFER BLACK IN THE INTERIOR WHEN EVERY OTHER AUTOMAKER OFFERS AT LEAST BEIGE AND GERY. NOW SHE SAID THAT GM IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SECOND RATE TO HER AND THIS JUST PROVED IT TO HER. I MEAN I CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE THAT GM IS DOING THIS. WHEN WILL THEY JUST MAKE A CAR RIGHT. STOP TAKING SHORT CUTS MAN. I WANT TO PULL FOR THEM SO MUCH BUT WHEN THEY PULL STUFF OFF LIKE THIS THEY LOOK LIKE THEY ARE TRYING TO CUT CORNERS. I ALWAYS TELL EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW TO GO LOOK AT GM CARS. I AM EVEN WAITING FOR THE G8 V6. HOW MUCH WILL IT COST THEM TO OFFER DIFFERENT COLOR INTERIORS I MEAN SERIOUSLY?

ONE MORE CUSTOMER LOST TO HONDA/TOYOTA BECAUSE OF INTERIOR COLOR................COME ON GM I'M PISSED RIGHT NOW.

The ION didn't have standard AC either, how many of those hit lots without it? I dont think I saw an ION after the first year of production that didn't have AC.

Of the color choices presented, I'd have to go with Arctic White, since I'm tired of red, but I wish there were more choices. Cant wait to test drive an XR 3-door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am also sure that the base price was lowered a bit without the A/C so that models equipped with A/C would be competitive with other cars in the market. I think this car is going to do extremely well. I think this is what my daughter is going to get when she begins driving.

Exactly, it just gives them a chance to advertise with a "starting at only 1X,XXX" price that's a grand less than most of them will actually cost.

Its alright, but I share the why-is-A/C-optional-on XE gripe. I wonder what current GMNA colors would look good here too, but the Sandstone looks good here. Why did the Malibu Order Guide take so long to get out too? Thanks for the posting!

I am disappointed by the lack of Digital Green that's offered on earlier Euro Astras and currently on the TwinTop.

XR 3 door, loaded, 5 speed, in Twilight Blue or Arctic White. As others have said, it'd be nice to see more vibrant colors available, but Saturn has traditionally had special edition colors become available in spring, maybe they'll be able to continue this tradition with the Astra, perhaps some colors already on the Euro palette. Edited by ocnblu

Guest YellowJacket894

Still no pricing. <_<

Yeah, I'm with Bowtie. What's the price on a bare bones XE Astra in Black Sapphire with the six-speed manual (and A/C, schmay-cee, you all know dealers will equip all of their inventory with A/C)? I'll wait a long time on installing a V8 in the S10 if I can get an Astra with a cheap enough monthly installment.

A lighted glovebox! Even a 32k Impala SS doesn't have that.

What's sad is that a 1970 Chevy Bel-Air (the second lowest trim to the Biscayne) did!

Guest YellowJacket894

I picked up the latest issue of Moron Trend today and they are projecting a $16,000 dollar base price for the Astra. I think (hope) it could be two-grand lower, but ...

I don't know why, but I'm very satisfied with our Aura. Guess there's a Saturn buyer in this old kid, huh? I am curious, though, about the sixteen-inch steel wheels ... are they the oh-so fantastic steel wheels (ya know, with the holes like a spare tire) with covers bolted on or like the ones on our Aura which are covers bolted onto what I guess are real non-alloy wheels?

Edited by YellowJacket894

I'm assuming there won't be many Astras shipped without A/C.

Even so, base Civics don't have standard A/C, and I've never heard anyone bitch about it.

Guest YellowJacket894

$16k is too high for a base model, IMO. Needs to be more like $14k, like you said. I would like a fairly loaded XR 5-spd to come in under $18k.

Yup. That would make the Astra that much more competitive here in America. The base car does have a lot of really nice features, and if it comes in under $14k, it will be a great value as well. (Not to mention $14 grand isn't that much of a burden to pay monthly payments on.)