2007 Holden VE SS V

That is one MEAN machine. I love the fender bulges. Yeah, it's not subtle, but it's beautifully done.

Toyota SHOULD be quaking in their boots, but they aren't because they know that for some mystical reason that not even Stephen Hawking can comprehend, GM won't be bringing these to North America...

I don't get it, the Middle East will get these! Aren't we on the continent that's supposed to not suck? :canada::unitedstates: :sign0200:

Well Toyota is certainly S&$@ing itself silly in Austrailia. All that hard work on the new Camry and it still can't beat this new range of Holdens. I'm sure Nissan and Ford of Aus aren't liking this either.

The SS is by far the most attractive model and would be a great starting point for the next Pontiac GTO, although, it would be nice that they do more the just give it a new grille.

The interior is the biggest surprise. Sure, we saw the photos floating around for months now but in it's final form, it looks pretty good and people won't be confusing this with the Calais when they step inside.

The body color interior scheme is cool though, I'm pretty sure I'd get tired of the orange fast.

Again, Radio/HVAC and gauges are top-notch and is really making me impatient for the North American Zeta cars.

Now, what's up with the V-series and the logo? I know Caddy is slowly increasing it's presence down under and will start selling in stand-alone dealerships starting next year and I'm sure the V-series models will show up at some point or another.

Wouldn't this create a little bit of confusion among buyers or downplay the importance of the Cadillac V-series vehicles? I'd like to see where they go with this.

Posted Image

Edited by Cadillacfan

Now, what's up with the V-series and the logo?  I know Caddy is slowly increasing it's presence down under and will start selling in stand-alone dealerships starting next year and I'm sure the V-series models will show up at some point or another.

Wouldn't this create a little bit of confusion among buyers or downplay the importance of the Cadillac V-series vehicles?  I'd like to see where they go with this.

167309[/snapback]

It's a bit weird... they had Holden Monaro GTOs before we had the current Pontiac GTO.

It's a bit weird... they had Holden Monaro GTOs before we had the current Pontiac GTO.

167312[/snapback]

True, but they never sold the two vehicles in the same country at the same time which I am assuming Cadillac will do when they start selling in Aus. next year.

I think this would make a great starting point for a badly-needed new Grand Prix for Pontiac. Change the fascias, fix the console, and you've got a winner.

Dont change the front, we all know what happened the last time Pontiac changed the front of the monaro.

Keep the design and change the badges.

The exterior is kind of like the Camry SE in a way. Just a bland car with ground effects and a spoiler tacked on. Sure the stance and the RWD are awesome but the styling does not back it up. Doesn't bark but bites comes to mind.

The interior is good but the some of the orange on the dashboard needs to disappear.

Love the LEDs all around... this is like an exprassionist painting called:

"why I no longer ever need to buy a BMW"

280kmh = 175mph by the way, so this baby's probably good for

high150s in the top end with the right gearing. :D

Dont change the front, we all know what happened the last time Pontiac changed the front of the monaro.

Keep the design and change the badges.

167439[/snapback]

But that was the problem with the GTO according to many: it was too similar to the Monaro and not aggressive enough. If we bring this over here as-is, everyone is going to think it's not aggressive enough compared to the Charger.

The exterior is kind of like the Camry SE in a way.  Just a bland car with ground effects and a spoiler tacked on.  Sure the stance and the RWD are awesome but the styling does not back it up.  Doesn't bark but bites comes to mind.

The interior is good but the some of the orange on the dashboard needs to disappear.

167447[/snapback]

Agreed. I think the car that it's made from looks better than the Camry to start with, but it's the same idea.

Agree about the interior too. There needs to be some black on the dashboard to break up all the orange. The GTO/Monaro did this well when the interior was someting other than black, but I think this is too much.

Love the LEDs all around... this is like an exprassionist painting called:

"why I no longer ever need to buy a BMW"

280kmh = 175mph by the way, so this baby's probably good for

high150s in the top end with the right gearing. :D

167452[/snapback]

NICE CAR, ISN'T IT? you gotta be half giddy right now?

Guest YellowJacket894

I think this would make a great starting point for a badly-needed new Grand Prix for Pontiac. Change the fascias, fix the console, and you've got a winner.

167363[/snapback]

Actually, I think Pontiac may become the outlet for Holden to sell cars in the U.S.; like Saturn is to Opel.

There's aggressive, and there's superficially aggressive...

This thing screams aggressive, but at the same time it's subdued... like a bodybuilder in a dark suit, it knows it has the muscle, but it doesn't have to show off.

I think Pontiac could do a few things to differentiate it from it's Holden roots, but don't make it overwrought like some Grand Prix's and Grand Am's of the past...

Keep it subtle, keep the motors, and let it burn some rubber with class.

a new front end and some badges......

oh wait, the dorks in michigan would try to find some way to stuff a chinese pushrod motor in it or find a way to repalce the nice plastic with really heinous cheap ass plastic, to save 100 bucks a car.

if this car sees the light of day in the US and somehow an iron block cheesy ass pushrod v6 ends up under the hood of it (maybe even from China), i personally am gonna take time off from work, board a plane, fly to Detroit, take a cab to the GM HQ, find the dip$h!s who decided to do that, and take them into a foul smelling dark room

-edit- or a toilet stall -

and beat the serious living crap out of them. I mean serious physical damage. broken limbs, blood, the whole bit.

this thing have a manual tranny available?

these holdens better have AWD available if they come here too.

Edited by regfootball

Change the orange interior and the front end and I'm sold. The orange would be a little too much to live with everyday, I'm sure there are other options though. The front end is very late 80's Nissan Maxima to me. Other than that I like the car a lot.

This car and the Calais would do WONDERS for GM in the U.S. market....!

My question is NOT "why can't they import these?"

My question IS more like why can't GM's north american unit design, engineer, and execute products as well-done as this (and most European Opels for that matter?)

Are GM execs that out-of-touch with reality to think that people wouldn't rather prefer products like THESE over the current range they have been offering us?

It's absolutely mystifying.....

:huh:

My question IS more like why can't GM's north american unit design, engineer, and execute products as well-done as this (and most European Opels for that matter?)

Are GM execs that out-of-touch with reality to think that people wouldn't rather prefer products like THESE over the current range they have been offering us?

167884[/snapback]

Have you seen the latest Lambda intros including the Acadia?

Have you seen the latest interior redo for the SRX?

Have you seen the latest spy photos of the CTS including the interior shots?

Have you seen the uncamoed photos of the 900 pickups?

Have you seen the European release of the Opel Antara which will be the US Vue?

These are the products of GM Gone Global.

They get it!

Edited by evok

Have you seen the latest Lambda intros including the Acadia?

Have you seen the latest interior redo for the SRX?

Have you seen the latest spy photos of the CTS including the interior shots?

Have you seen the uncamoed photos of the 900 pickups?

Have you seen the European release of the Opel Antara which will be the US Vue?

These are the products of GM Gone Global.

They get it!

167968[/snapback]

Everytime this man speaks....it speaks volumes. GM is turning the ship around and I for one am amazed.

This car and the Calais would do WONDERS for GM in the U.S. market....!

My question is NOT "why can't they import these?"

167884[/snapback]

I guess GM NA has spent too many years designing FWD sedans for Avis... :)

So no one else gets a BMW vibe from this car?

Give it the typical Pontiac grille, and you'd see it too....

168601[/snapback]

I do... in a general feel and poise it has a bit of PRE-Bangle Bimmer. 8)

(where you been LA?)

So no one else gets a BMW vibe from this car?

Give it the typical Pontiac grille, and you'd see it too....

168601[/snapback]

It does... the doors and greenhouse look a lot like an E46 generation 3-series.. the overall profile is BMW-ish with the short overhangs, great RWD proportions.

It's pretty frustrating to see Holden offering modern, mainstream GM RWD sedans while GM NA (except for Cadillac) keeps offering the same old, same old FWD rental sedans with the weak promise of 'just wait till next year(s)'... :(

Edited by moltar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was on another forum and found this. A CHEVY baged VE!!

183531[/snapback]

I didn't register to see the pics but I am willing to bet it's the Middle Eastern Chevrolet Lumina.

Edited by ZL-1

• 2 weeks later...