Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

FIRST LOOK: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Pontiac G8 Design  

248 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the new G8?

• 5 - WOW! Incredible! Be still my beating heart...
    • 4 - Really great! But...
    • 3 - Average. A decent car indeed.
    • 2 - Uhh, not so much. Needs lots of TLC.
    • 1 - Puke-o-Rama! Ugh! Worse than the Grand Am!

I like the old logo better. This one looks as if someone used something to try to pry the logo off from the top, end up cracking it and snapping the red reflective piece off.

They also reversed the placement of the G8 and GT badges. Now the car reads GT Pontiac G8.

Edited by ToniCipriani

love everything. again, finally a useable dash like then GMT-900's and new CTS.

i LOVE how it's an import, and doesn't have that STUPID airbag indicator light on the dash. weeeee!

does anyone else think the GT and G8 are on the wrong sides? It just doesn't look right. And I'd want "pontiac" removed from the rear

Edited by jbartley

I don't understand the point of these showcars. It just makes the real thing disappointing. As for the car itself, it looks decent but not very exciting. It will do its job for a few years.

North America has waited far too long for this car...I'm so glad it's arrived in such an attractive package.

Edited by DetroitNut90

I will personally slap anyone that complains. This car is easily the most competitive thing to grace Pontiac's lineup in a long, long time... and it's sexy as hell to boot. Love it.

Drop the steering wheel and the brightwork, and we have a winner.

ETA: Doesn't need badges for trim or the word Pontiac either.

Edited by LosAngeles

The car looks awsome! Just really too bad that the 20" wheels will be a no go for production. Guess I'll have to wait to see the 19's to make full judgement.

Nice car overall, but I'll pay $2000 to get rid of those hippopotamus nostrils. Hopefully the V6 car wouldn't have the nostrils so it'll be easy to get a body shop to do a hood swap.

Pontiac had it all nice a tight with the G6 and the Solstice. The final G6 GXP was a horrendously ugly thing even though a previous "Orange" rendition was very nice. Now it seems... they want to extend the Nostril stupidity to more cars. Sigh...

Edited by dwightlooi

Simply stunning. I'm giving this an A+ now. This thing looks like an Acura and in the best possible way: athletic, sporty, understated, classy...everything a Pontiac should be. My only qualm is the straight-on shot that makes the front look like an Aztek...but that's a poor photo, not a bad design on the car. Interior: A+

GM finally gets it?

Not too shabby, Ilike it. I'm still waiting for actuall contact. I hope the original sheet metal will be an even greater tribute to the legendary moniker.

...... My only qualm is the straight-on shot that makes the front look like an Aztek...but that's a poor photo, not a bad design on the car......

Yeah, it does look bolt upright in that shot.. but as you say, I think it's the photo. Top notch- not too much style but just enough to gove it an sense of menace. :yes:

Beautiful interior. Sexy 6.0. Interesting new logo.

A well done job.

As for the scoops I could do with or without but it is not that big of a deal. I just hope they are opened up and not fake as they are on the G6 GXP.

As for the wheels I like them but 19's should look fine I just hope they are better than the present GP wheels.

For all those who have their reservations on Lutz. I wonder if they are chnaging their minds now. I can't remember a time this many new cars from GM with so much positive being said about them. Read the non GM sites and almost everyone has something good to say about this car so far. That is just something that did not happen over the last 30 years.

Just think we have anywhere from 2-4 [Camaro, Impala, El Camino? Buick?]more cars coming from down under and I can't wait to see what they did to them.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook