REAL LIFE ENCLAVE PICS

Ur_pimp

Saw this baby on the way home from school.. It was a base model. Smallish rims, lots of chrome, definetly sticks out.. In a good way!! LOVE the tailights!! (cell phone pics)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Keep in mind, this is the entry level model, and from the front, it was BEAUTIFUL. More eye catching than the Escalade. Please, wait until you see it in person yourself, before you judge. It looked awesome. Deff a lexus fighter! I dont know whats up with our town, but i got the first real life pics of the GMC acadia too lol

Meh... looks just as gaudy as the one in red. I'd rather have the Outlook or Acadia. Acadia Denali, especially. In black.

With that said, $4000 extra for different sheetmetal isn't that bad, when you consider the price difference between the Escalade and Yukon Denali.

Love it, and especially as a real world CX model, love it even more. The lines are completely different and I think I like them more than either the Acadia or Outlook. And that first pic...holy hell is it in a different world than the ancient minivan based Rendezvous!

Has great road presence, and doesn't seem to have any gawky or weird proportions or otherwise now outside of GM photography. Looks "Buick" in a great way. Again, make ours a White Diamond/Cashmere CX FWD... :thumbsup:

Edited by caddycruiser

I live in Marion Indiana, i saw the Gmc Acadia a few weeks after it debuted, it was at the GM plant here in town, and then i see the enclave today! Both with Michigan license plates, lol a lady at my moms works has an silver Outlook XE. Very sleek.. and yes the enclave had EXCELLENT road presence. it demands attention :D

my GOD the Enclave is beautiful in person. Stop the bitching. And to anyone who has the gall to suggest any part of it looks like the POS Santa Fe, go get the lobotomy now.

reg, you need to have your eyes checked. First you say the A5 looks like a Sebring and then say the Enclave looks nothing like the Santa Fe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

reg, you need to have your eyes checked. First you say the A5 looks like a Sebring and then say the Enclave looks nothing like the Santa Fe.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow, you saved me a post! lol I was JUST going to do that--thanks! :)

Thanks for reminding me how chintzy the Santa Fe still looks.

It still does look very cheap in person (the Santa Fe)... but most Hyundais do.

I saw the Enclave for the first time in person at the Dallas Auto Show last week. I thought it was stunning from every angle. Lots O' Chrome, but it didn't seem real blingy, fo-rizzle. The Saturn and GMC version are both great looking, but the Enclave seemed like it was in a different class.

You guys are right about the santa fe having similarly shaped tail lights, but overall the santa fe is boring and kinda ugly. The Enclave doesn't make me think about that car at all...

Buick really needs to put the big wheels from the concept back on there...

Thanks for reminding me how chintzy the Santa Fe still looks.

that's my point. the enclave is well done and looks right. the santa fe looks like korean garbage. wait, that's what it is. the santa fe and veracruz both look like dung. Perhps you need to see them both in the flesh the same day to be able to tell that, like i did.

the enclave is one of the top 3 or 4 crossovers available today in terms of styling.

the Sante fe's rear in that picture looks more like a melted tribute than it does the enclave. if the enclave rear looks like anything, its the shape of the rear hatch and hatch glass is the same as the murano.

the A5 is as dull and derivitive as a sebring coupe, even they don't have the exact form, they are close enough in copping out and having the same conceptual wedge form. Audi used to be capable of more than chiche'd crap like that.

but hey, paul mccartney became a useless musician after time. it seems audi's styling department is the same way if the A5 is the predictor of what's on the horizon.

Edited by regfootball

Posted Image

Looks good in that pic.

Anyways... tow tone and those rims = bad. I don't know what they were thinking.

that's my point. the enclave is well done and looks right. the santa fe looks like korean garbage. wait, that's what it is. the santa fe and veracruz both look like dung. Perhps you need to see them both in the flesh the same day to be able to tell that, like i did.

the enclave is one of the top 3 or 4 crossovers available today in terms of styling.

the Sante fe's rear in that picture looks more like a melted tribute than it does the enclave. if the enclave rear looks like anything, its the shape of the rear hatch and hatch glass is the same as the murano.

the A5 is as dull and derivitive as a sebring coupe, even they don't have the exact form, they are close enough in copping out and having the same conceptual wedge form. Audi used to be capable of more than chiche'd crap like that.

but hey, paul mccartney became a useless musician after time. it seems audi's styling department is the same way if the A5 is the predictor of what's on the horizon.

:stupid:

In the end there are only so many ways to put a rear end on something that large. Really, they all look similar in the back. Look at the Outlook and the CX-7/9. It's the overall effect that makes a car look right and the Enclave just looks right overall.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can you even mention the Santa Fe in this discussion. Apart from them both having dual exhausts and a rear window wiper, I hardly see where they share any similar traits. This BUICK sets a new standard for the class. And keep in mind, this is the BASE model. I do agree that it kind of puts you in the mind of the FX, but the Buick outclasses even that model IMO.....This car/truck/cuv or whatever is destined for GREATNESS!!!!!

On another note, I do have concerns over Gm's new 6 speed tranny in these vehicles. I have read quite a few reviews of the outlook/acadia, both professional and new owners, and have seen quite a few comments about 'hunting' for gears to make me wonder if GM is planning to do some 'tweaking' of the same. Oh well, even the owners that bitched said it wasn't a deal breaker so I am still planning on trading wifes ES for this cuv in 08' I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics!! :pbjtime::gitfunky::pbjtime::gitfunky::pbjtime::gitfunky:

Edited by Regalguy01

I think the reason the Enclave looks Hyundai-ish is because Hyundai has snapped up quite a few ex-Detroit stylists. For some reason ALL Hyundai models resemble new Buick models. Which, isn't a bad thing in a way, but kinda IS a bad thing in another way.

i.e. The new Buicks look classy, but if Hyundai is looking to draw in very young customers by making Buick-esque designs, it probably won't work.

Looks good...I like the two-toning...on a light colour like silver, the darker bottom trim reduces the vertical thickness, makes it look less tall. It's nice to see a crossover with some side sculpturing, so many of them are too slab-sided.

That's what happens when you want numbers (Recent comments of Audi's CEO of becoming #1 luxury brand). You become a whore and loose originality and start dabbling. One company which belies that is ofcourse the Toy, it is a whore, lacked originality from the start and still wants numbers.

i like the way it looks alot... and im nit picking here, but the c pillar definatley should be black, imo

Uh, no, that really doesn't fit at all with the curvaceous lines and would make the rear window/hatch area very awkward. Due to the shape, there's no way that could be done and have it come out looking correct. The lines just don't flow like that.

I was pleasantly surprised by the base wheel design. BUICK in the past has had some REALLY ugly wheels. I'm hopeful that trend has ended. Anxious to check it out (and the LaX Super) at the NY Show in a few weeks.

I KNOW! Beyond anything, and even aside from semi-geriatric overall design lines and themes, the one thing that has always been so bad at Buick in the past decade or so is their absolutely atrocious wheel designs--especially, even, with "upgrades" that look worse than what you'd expect of Walmart hubcaps. Anymore, though, with the recent introductions it looks like there's finally a designer on board who has taken charge of the matter and wheel designs finally look appropriate, fitting of the vehicles, and most all quite attractive. Just that one big Buick design sin alone being rectified makes a huge difference.

I'm beginning to like the Enclave less and less. It looks really awkward to me in these pics.

Yes. Agreed. I never liked it to begin with, but I respect its high level of fit and finish. Possibly, it might also be a very nice vehicle to drive.

I have never liked the overpowering front grille. I have also never liked the "Lexus-y" styling cues. I was looking forward to something new and fresh but still identifiably as a Buick for the next decade.

Case in point: the new Aura looks like nothing else. It is clearly a Saturn Aura. I wouldn't buy one after acquainting myself with it at the Saturn dealership but, my God, kudos for pulling off an "original car' job to Saturn designers.

On another note, I do have concerns over Gm's new 6 speed tranny in these vehicles. I have read quite a few reviews of the outlook/acadia, both professional and new owners, and have seen quite a few comments about 'hunting' for gears to make me wonder if GM is planning to do some 'tweaking' of the same. Oh well, even the owners that bitched said it wasn't a deal breaker so I am still planning on trading wifes ES for this cuv in 08' I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the pics!! :pbjtime::gitfunky::pbjtime::gitfunky::pbjtime::gitfunky:

True, at least partially. What a lot of people have noticed is a strange lag or hunting that isn't overly noticeable, but still seems out of character given the general power and refinement of the drivetrain. I noticed it a bit on an early Acadia I drove, for instance.

However, as most all early buyers who noticed a weirdness have found out, GM also recognized a bit of an issue and before too long sent out a revised program for the transmission that any dealer can and will do as part of a TSB. Still not sure why it wasn't dead on from the start, but on both Outlook and Acadia boards I frequent, everyone who has had the dealer re-flash theirs agrees that it is a completely different beast afterwards and not only does the lag disappear, but gears are selected and held more appropriately and it feels "right". All, in effect, just a simple programming bugaboo that either slipped through or GM had second thoughts about once more consumers and reviewers started giving feedback.

It was mainly the first couple months of production vehicles that were affected, and again a lot don't notice a thing with the original calibration, but it now should be how every one rolling off the line is programmed and the Enclave should also certainly be fine when it starts saleable production in about a week.

Edited by caddycruiser

Uh, no, that really doesn't fit at all with the curvaceous lines and would make the rear window/hatch area very awkward. Due to the shape, there's no way that could be done and have it come out looking correct. The lines just don't flow like that.

The C-pillar... not the D-pillar. And yes, the C-pillar would look so much better blacked out.

Okay, any of you guys who diss ont he Enclaves styling should shut up. i mean look at the production model in this pic!

Posted Image

The ones i took were grainy, akward, camera phone pics, of the base model and you guys wanna start to like it less and less. Come on people <_<

True, at least partially. What a lot of people have noticed is a strange lag or hunting that isn't overly noticeable, but still seems out of character given the general power and refinement of the drivetrain. I noticed it a bit on an early Acadia I drove, for instance.

However, as most all early buyers who noticed a weirdness have found out, GM also recognized a bit of an issue and before too long sent out a revised program for the transmission that any dealer can and will do as part of a TSB. Still not sure why it wasn't dead on from the start, but on both Outlook and Acadia boards I frequent, everyone who has had the dealer re-flash theirs agrees that it is a completely different beast afterwards and not only does the lag disappear, but gears are selected and held more appropriately and it feels "right". All, in effect, just a simple programming bugaboo that either slipped through or GM had second thoughts about once more consumers and reviewers started giving feedback.

It was mainly the first couple months of production vehicles that were affected, and again a lot don't notice a thing with the original calibration, but it now should be how every one rolling off the line is programmed and the Enclave should also certainly be fine when it starts saleable production in about a week.

Thanks for the info. I now have no qualms at all!!! I have to admit, I am so anxious to buy one of these that I have refused to take a test drive of Acadia/Outlook in fear of buying. I did go with my father-in-law to the GMC dealer when he test drove an Acadia. I didn't think I really liked its face too much from the photos but in person, wow what a difference! Thats a gorgeous ride. I anticipate GM kicking much :butthead: in the segment with this trio.