Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wildcat

Here's the new Buick

183 posts in this topic

If the production version stays like that, GM finally knows what they're doing and Buick is safe.

That is HOT!

If the production version stays like that, GM finally knows what they're doing and Buick is safe.

That is HOT!

Unfortunately, based upon looking at the camo'd cars, I fear a major watering down for the production model.

I hope I'm wrong.....because if the production car were as slinkly as this concept, I'd argue it's a better effort, definitely, than the new Jag XF.......!

And I LOVE that interior......hope that stays close to production as well.......

that'll do!! the LNF (and a 3.6L DI both) with 6speed ( s )... sounds like a good lineup

only thing is kinda wrong with it is the vents for a turbo 4.. but yes, 2 on each side would look very odd.

New background!

Beautiful. The concept's big wheels help mask the tall beltline, which I don't like. Everything else looks great.

Gorgeous! This is the kind of sedan design that will revitalize Buick in the U.S. I could never understand the lament over the unavailability of Buick of China's current subpar lineup (especially the pitiful Excelle) when the Enclave and this car clearly illustrate the greatness that Buick can truly achieve. I can't wait until the production version reaches the market. I just hope they lose the lame "LaCrosse" moniker and give it a name worthy of the beautiful design that represents the renaissance of the Buick division in the U.S. ("Invicta" would be appropriate, but I would even settle for "Regal"; Buick has a wealth of great historic names that would work quite well with this awesome design).

Holy sh*t! That's beautiful! The proportions are excellent. They may not be RWD but they are very good nonetheless. The sculpting is very interesting and well done, the has a level of aggression I haven't seen in any Buick in recent history, and the interior look amazing. If the production version looks like this concept Buick will have no trouble selling them.

Very nice. Now that is a Buick I would own. The interior is just as nice as the CTS's. It's a definite departure from what Buick interiors used to be known for. Very modern and luxurious. The exterior is a great mix of classic Buick design and modern style. All in all, I'd call it Buick's CTS as far as design is concerned.

It looks very production-feasible. I'm thinking that, minus a few details, this is basically the LaCrosse replacement. Everything seems to line up with the spyshots we've seen.

I don't really like tall, upright front fascias. I was hoping it would be a little lower and more swept back. The bumper looks a little empty on this. But if everyone else likes it I guess it's okay. I do like the body and hood sculpting.

Edited by §carlet §wordfish

This beautiful Epsilon II car deserves a new name... Invicta fits this car perfectly. As Viper said, everything lines up with the spy shots, including the interior, which is a jaw dropper, to be sure. Suddenly I am not as mindful of buttons, as I see one of them marked "blood pressure". Therefore, indications are there this will have minimal changes for production. Bravo.

EDIT: the one thing that may not be perfect is the lower fascia, which looks pretty vulnerable to parking curb damage.

Edited by ocnblu

I'm not all that impressed.

I'll keep the FWD SUX rant to myself but overall

the styling & cosmetic details, while clean & well

refined, are neither original AT ALL or very

engaging to my eye. Quite boring, especially for

a concept car. After the Gullwing door Riviera I

honestly expected to have WAY more original

DNA and a much less generic "30-footer" look.

Buick has dusted off the Invicta name, which hasn't been used by the brand since 1959, for its newest concept

Not quite, 1959 was the first year the Invicta

name was used for a production car, it was

last used in 1962 IIRC. Eirther way it did not

make it past the early 1960s.

It is always nicer to see the real thing than just CGI's. This is an extremely well executed concept, and the interior is awesome!

I hope the production car is not changed much. From the blue car spy pic we can see that the front bumper will be different, but that is to be expected. I'd also expect a slightly higher roof, but I'm not too worried about that. The production Camaro has a higher roof than the concept and still retains all of the concept's design quality.

Congrats GM! :thumbsup:

Edited by ZL-1

Beautifully done inside and out. If this car gets the name Invicta, it will definitely "inflicta" some pain on the premium midsize cars in the marketplace!

I do however, (since i came off so negative in the last post)

find the anti-tumblehome, venti-ports in the hood, I hope

they're functional BTW and the headlights to be quite nice.

IF there was one thing I like the most it is the 100% elegant

sweep-spear shaped arc across the side flanks. It's very

reminiscent of '40s & '50s Buicks while the front overhang

is quite well minimized.

Control of the Epsilon platform was given to GM Europe in 2005. GM Europe is responsible for all future Epsilon product decisions other than Saab and Cadillac models. GM Europe was made the "homeroom" of Epsilon development, because of slight differences in the platform worldwide in the past.

I think GM Europe has made good decisions where EP II is concerned.

I think GM Europe has made good decisions where EP II is concerned.

Other than my few design complaints regarding the Insignia, I actually agree with what you have just said. I am genuinely interested to see what the EP II Saabs and Chevrolet will turn out to be like.

I'm waiting to see what they do for Pontiac.

ha ha i like the 'inflicta' comment. i agree with the comments, this is a wholly convincing and wonderfully executed luxury Buick sedan, exactly what we've been asking for for years. on one sense it's not unexpected, they've gone exactly where the luxury market is hitting and has been hitting for a few years, on the other sense it's shockingly good and different compared to other Buick attempts, and that makes it newsworthy as well as something that'll be getting attention.

just to clarify, this has been designed by china and american design teams, though the platform engineering itself appears to have been worked on in Europe. I just hope they keep suspension settings more European instead of dramatically dumbing down our drives. i'd gather most of the design is china's influence [do you really think America's first option for the rear would be a Lexus/BMW-like design].

Edited by turbo200

I was looking at the pics again and I had a crazy idea: how would this thing look like with a two-tone paint?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room