Official Camaro concept thread - for now

NOS2006

OhcTA:

I like the chome accents and black chin spoiler but I'm not feelinf the black strip across the cowl induction hood... that would make sense for a chevelle but not a camaro... the air gets sucked in at the very base of the windshield on the classic super-scoop hood.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3652/1969/69ad11.jpg

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the bowtie gold? It should be blue! Just for that, it's off my shopping list!

<_<

After all this time, I cannot believe the criticism I'm hearing. I think it's a perfectly executed concept that should translate beautifully into production reality. This is the GM I love.

Edited by ocnblu

Aero drag..........this is a stealth fighter compared to the 300 Brick choo choo engine. The chop with the grill brought out turns finely sculpted craftsmanship into a Tonka toy. Id say GM design spent thousands of hours exploring and applying ideas and the end result is dead nuts. The best customizers would have a hard time improving on this little pony. Im sure staff and management knows better than to second guess and make a mess of things by taking out the eraser and smudging up the paper.

Why is the bowtie gold?  It should be blue!  Just for that, it's off my shopping list!

<_<

After all this time, I cannot believe the criticism I'm hearing.  I think it's a perfectly executed concept that should translate beautifully into production reality.  This is the GM I love.

Need to replace that bowtie with a Camaro badge or more importantly an SS or Z-28 badge on production models B)

Posted Image

thats absolutely sinister......my wife just said that looks.........burly  :lol: photos of interior will be nice but this is the one department we can always be sure GM will alter from concept.....unfortunantly.

where are the blinkers?

i hope it has some killer DRL like my trans am... love those :)

where are the blinkers?

i hope it has some killer DRL like my trans am... love those :)

I think the DRL are the halos around the headlights, simular to what BMWs use. But that's one thing I don't seeing making to producition.

Another thing I'd love to see make it to production (I'm not holding my breath) is the tailights LED surounding simular to this:

:ph34r: I bet I'm gonna get flamed for this

Posted Image

Interesting concept...but could a production version remotely look like that?

I think most of the major exterior styling would/could carry over to a production version. The one styling cue that seems to usually get ditched (probably cheaper to ditch) is the arched rear fender, and that is the one they have to keep! The current mustang doesn't have it, and it really makes the beltline look boring. Heck, my car is the same. You could draw the beltline with a straight edge!

I think most of the major exterior styling would/could carry over to a production version.  The one styling cue that seems to usually get ditched (probably cheaper to ditch) is the arched rear fender, and that is the one they have to keep!  The current mustang doesn't have it, and it really makes the beltline look boring.  Heck, my car is the same.  You could draw the beltline with a straight edge!

I suspect they would raise the roof also..the concept has an odd chop-top look to it in profile..

I hope they lower the beltline. And that interior is kinda....yuck. I'm not feeling the steering wheel or the two guages, though the rest seems pretty good.

I think the exterior is about 93% there, and the interior is about 75% where it needs to be.

Overall, B+

OK, after seeing it for a day and a half, I still like it. It gets my approval. I only wish for a few more surface curves to offset all the straight edges, which are almost last-gen Mustangisque. A bit more machine, please.

Edited by empowah

OK, after seeing it for a day and a half, I still like it. It gets my approval. I only wish for a few more surface curves to offset all the straight edges, which are almost last-gen Mustangisque. A bit more machine, please.

yea...I kinda wish for that too

Nothing about this car is soft.  This is a ramrod, a smoking hot shaft aimed squarely at the competition.  It's my kind of car.

I don't think surface curves will make it more soft, just more believable and less sterile. As dated as the GMT-800s were, I've always admired that machined look to the sheetmetal. There's something about this concept that's a bit too caricaturey and cold, and I think it's the shaping of the surfaces that makes it look plasticky.

Just my opinion, of course...

Edited by empowah

I"ve been lookin at these pics for 2 days now and its got cues from the 69 camaro and the 70-73 camaros. Lets see a V8 version under 30k and its a hit, overprice it and its an SSR. This will probably replace the mc in the chevy line, would love to see a four door malibu/chevelle of this, even a buick bmw/lexus challenger

The only concern about production design I have is the wheel well gaps.

Nothing of course that aftermarket tires could fix, but...

A comparo to the peliminary Mustang concepts from 2 years ago to the current production car will give some ideas on those potential subtle yet noticeable changes.

This Camaro is perfect. It's looks pissed and ready to kick someones ass just sitting in park. Produce as close to this as possible, including the inlet gills by the rear tires!

:bowdown::metal::omfg::wub::wub:

Edited by nzr

A long time ago (about 1.5 years) I found this site, and knew when I saw it that as soon as there was any awesome news about the Camaro concept that it would be here. When I would visit the site I would wait anxiously wait for the page to load, knowing that soon there would be pics and the sort to drool over.

That day has come and gone and the pics are better than I thought they would be. Having showed the pics to a few other GM fans they all approve, and it has been the same across the board. I show a shot of the new 'stang, the Challenger, then the face melter that is the Camaro concept, and without fail they all say just what we have said...damn thats sexy.

Even one of my friends whose Dad just got a 05 Saleene and is a huge Mustang fan even said that it was sexier than the others.

Cant wait for the high-res pics and the chops that will follow. :lol:

// c0ld_phuz10n

The idea of a new production Camaro is exciting. Since this is just a concept and it will be years (if ever) before anything with a Camaro badge reaches the market, I cannot get excited.

Concept vehicle have never excited me and they never will. Real world production vehicles that I can buy... that's another story and I can excited.

Mark

Since I first saw the pics, I kept thinking this concept reminded me of another concept....I remember what it was--this car reminds me quite a bit of the GTO concept from the late '90s...has that video-game unreality aspect to it...

I think the high beltline, low greenhouse issue will be addressed in the actual production car.

I am as excited about this car as I was at 18 and saw the completley new 1982 Camaro/Firebird!

It has both a taut and expensive look to it that the Mustang and Challenger don't.