Official Camaro concept thread - for now

NOS2006

Sorry to edit your post NOS, but I want to make sure that everyone knows this is where to post pics and discuss the pics of the Camaro that were leaked. - Northstar.

So, everyone have fun discussing, and please keep the discussion in here! :)

Edited by Northstar

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks to be legit...it seems as if the picture was taken in a public place this time?

Josh. I PMed you about this. I think this will be MUCH worse than the leaked pictures. If I were you I would contact Scott and ask him if a pic like this was part of a media release. If it were that would violate an embargo. I don't wanna see C&G, CZ28.com get into trouble. Edited by 91z4me

Man, what an incredibly gorgeous looking car!!! We all got a good look at it via the clay model photos, but seeing the finished product is amazing. When you watch the video, you can clearly see all the curves, bulges, sharp edges, and other design cues that make it look so much better then the Mustang and Challenger concept.

I think many are going to be shocked at how big the Challanger is going to be and how small the Camaro is.

Chevy took the right way and did not go over board on the retro or size.

One thing to note, till you see the car in person the shape is hard to get the styling impact in just a photo. It will look less reto in person.

The Camaro will be like many of the new car shown of late and will display real presence in person.

If you like it now just wait till your face to face with it.

One last note to anyone who tries to compare the Challanger to the Camaro. It was reported the Challanger designer is a Camaro owner.

I've combined the two threads. I'm going to close and new threads about this so we don't have 20 threads on the same thing.

Anyways, it looks sweet, and the size is perfect. It's over a foot shorter than the Challenger! The Challenger probably has 500lbs more heft to carry around and only 25 more horses under the hood.

I've combined the two threads. I'm going to close and new threads about this so we don't have 20 threads on the same thing.

Anyways, it looks sweet, and the size is perfect. It's over a foot shorter than the Challenger! The Challenger probably has 500lbs more heft to carry around and only 25 more horses under the hood.

Yeah Northstar you hit the nail on the head man. The Challenger is 4000lbs. They shortened the wheelbase on it but they lengthened the overhangs thus negating any savings on weight. I want nothing to with a 4000lb barge pretending to be a pony car.

I'm floored by the Camaro, I saw the spy pics of the clay model but I'm still astounded by how beautiful the car is. The length of the wheelbase is very encrouraging. I may actually be able to fit someone over 5ft in the back seat. I drove a 3rd gen when I was 16 and no one was riding in the back seat of that. The long wait is a blessing and a curse. It gives me time to save but I would to get my hands on one now.

The video said it would have 400 hp, so how would they differentiate it from the 'vette, which also has 400 hp. So what I'm really wondering is, why would somebody buy the camaro over a corvette. Isn't the camaro supposed to have less performance. I can understand things like giving it a lesser suspension, or other small performance things like that but that shouldn't make it that much cheaper, should it?

Edited by corvette_dude729

The video said it would have 400 hp, so how would they differentiate it from the 'vette, which also has 400 hp.  So what I'm really wondering is, why would somebody buy the camaro over a corvette.  Isn't the camaro supposed to have less performance.  I can understand things like giving it a lesser suspension, or other small performance things like that but that shouldn't make it that much cheaper, should it?

Maybe when this makes production in 2009, the base Corvette will be well past 400hp? Isn't a new Vette due out around then even though we just got one last year?

It's nice, real nice. But I'm going to be 'ants at a picnic' and say that packing a 400hp engine seems dumb, it'll be too close to the Corvette. I know this is a concept, but I wish GM would be a bit more realistic with the horsepower. I sure hope that they will have a V6 model and a couple V8's that will be more affordable. If they want to drop in the Corvette block and call it a Z28, that's cool, but lets hope that they do have RS-spec (or something like it) that will be much cheaper and will pit the Camaro directly with the Mustang.

Gosh, I'm still a little overwelmed, almost like I was a kid having his first wet dream.! I gotta have this car, but I need to move back to the states to get one.

Just got to convince my wife that the car won't be more important in my life than her. :P

I've just seen my future vehicle, and it is absolutely effing drop dead gorgeous, masculine, sexy, tough. It's all I've been hoping for. If this is an indicator of the passion Bob Lutz has brought to GM Design, we ain't got nothin' to worry about. The wait will be agonizing. Should I get a base Cobalt coupe now, so I can save big bucks for a down payment for this beauty? Cuz I'll tell you right now, I'm going to have one!

(I haven't shot this far in a looong time. Bravo, Chevrolet!)

Edited by ocnblu

If they want to drop in the Corvette block and call it a Z28, that's cool, but lets hope that they do have RS-spec (or something like it) that will be much cheaper and will pit the Camaro directly with the Mustang.

Keep in mind that Ford is widely expected to do a 400 hp "Boss" model sometime in the next couple of years, for around $30k. An LS2 Camaro will compete with that nicely.

I've just seen my future vehicle, and it is absolutely effing drop dead gorgeous, masculine, sexy, tough.  It's all I've been hoping for.  If this is an indicator of the passion Bob Lutz has brought to GM Design, we ain't got nothin' to worry about.  The wait will be agonizing.  Should I get a base Cobalt coupe now, so I can save big bucks for a down payment for this beauty?  Cuz I'll tell you right now, I'm going to have one!

(I haven't shot this far in a looong time.  Bravo, Chevrolet!)

2 year cobalt SS lease to tide you over!

imagine the nutspray if Lutz said this thing would be here Jan 1, 2007.

Edited by regfootball

Maybe when this makes production in 2009, the base Corvette will be well past 400hp?  Isn't a new Vette due out around then even though we just got one last year?

The Vette and future Camaro aren't very much alike other then the fact that they are both RWD muscle cars. I can't predict when the new vette comes around or if the base model will get a significant boost but seeing how the blue devil may still be coming, I don't think the Camaro will invade Corvette territory too much.

Edited by Cadillacfan85

is that hood long enough for the inline 6?

I doubt it can fit the I6. It's relatively small (186") and the wheelbase is 110". I think the 3900 would be better because it should provide plenty of power for most people and will be much cheaper (keeping the base price down).