GMTruckGuy74

Welcome my new Saturn SKY!!!

58 posts in this topic

Say hello to my 2007 Saturn SKY roadster!!!! It's C&G's first Saturn SKY and I'm now the 2nd Kappa-based car owner here. I guess I don't have to tell you how much I like this car!!!

It came in Tuesday night before the dealership closed and I got the call from my salesman this afternoon after the service department completed the PDI. The wife and I went in to check it out and I took it for its first spin (with me, that is). What a great car!

Here are it's first three pictures. I take delivery of it tomorrow night at 7:00 PM; more pictures will come over the next couple of days.

The first time I saw it:

Posted Image

After it's first drive with me as it's pilot:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I gotta tell you that the "Saturn Experience" is one that all GM enthusiasts should partake in at least once. I am very happy purchasing this car from my Saturn dealership and they have exceeded what I have expected. If the rest of my ownership experience is anything like the purchasing part, I'll be happy to be a loyal Saturn owner!

Congrats! The color wouldn't be my first choice, but it's not bad, and still looks beautiful.

I don't know if I'd take a non-Red Line SKY over my GTO, but I'd almost definetly take the Red Line version over it.

Congrats again and give us some more feedback after you've lived with it for a while.

Someone brought a C&D into class today and my friends couldn't believe it was a Saturn.

I love the color too, especially with the chrome wheels--very classy :yes:

I was "theoretically" spec'ing out my ideal Sky the other day and came up with one with every option INCLUDING automatic trans, and then chose white/beige top/beige leather. Now, if I could just scrounge up the $26k :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone! I love the color - it's called Silver Graphite and it's also on the Solstice as "Sly" and the HHR as "Dark Silver Metallic". Actually, that's when I decided to go with this color, after seeing a 2LT HHR with the chrome trim and chrome wheels. I thought the chrome really shines and stands out with this color, and so do the red & amber lenses of the lights. And remember, this car is still dirty and has much of the shipping wrap on it. When I go today to pick it up they'll have it all shined and purty. More pics to come by the weekend. Thanks for the encouraging words! :thumbsup:

Congrats on your purchase! I also like the color.. but I personally, would have gone for a dark blue. Looks great other wise.

Congratulations on your purchase. The Sky / Opel GT is my favourite Kappa and I can't wait for the Lisbon Auto Show to start so I can see it in person!

Edited by ZL-1

Congrats GMTG! She's gorgeous.

You've had your eye on the Sky for as long as I can remember. I can only imagine how thrilled you must be to finally be getting it! Enjoy!

Wow, GMTG74, that's a gorgeous car. You'll have so much fun in that thing. I'm happy for you, you've been waiting so long. :thumbsup:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.