Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The all-new 2007 Nissan Sentra represents a revolution in the advancement of Nissan’s popular compact sedan. This new, sixth generation Sentra is unlike any that has come before – with more style, space, quality, performance and interior flexibility for active lifestyles.

Built on Nissan’s new “C” platform, the 2007 Sentra features an all-new, standard 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, standard 6-speed manual transmission or fuel-efficient Nissan Xtronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) and responsive handling. Inside the spacious cabin are thoughtful and useful innovations, including a 60/40 split double-fold rear seat, available hidden trunk storage compartment and available integrated overhead compact disc holder. The new Sentra is also available with a wide range of unexpected amenities, ranging from the luxury of leather-appointed seating to the convenience of Nissan’s Intelligent Key keyless entry system.

The 2007 Sentra is scheduled to go on sale in fall 2006 and is expected to have a MSRP starting at around $15,000 (nicely equipped with power door locks and windows, side-impact curtain air bags and air conditioning).

Damnit, I really like it. It looks good, in and out, IMO. It's spacious, and has room to become a premium compact, not that the Versa's here. It comes with either the 6sp manual, or a CVT; and the new four is sure to make around 180HP. If I was in the market looking for a compact car, it'd be either this or the Cobalt. The Jetta's nice, but overpriced.

Edited by titan

Damnit, I really like it.  It looks good, in and out, IMO.  It's spacious, and has room to become a premium compact, not that the Versa's here.  It comes with either the 6sp manual, or a CVT; and the new four is sure to make around 180HP. If I was in the market looking for a compact car, it'd be either this or the Cobalt.  The Jetta's nice, but overpriced.

I kind of like it too. I don't really like any Japanese vehicles (except that FJ), but I would get this before a Honda or a Toyota. I used to hate Sentras, but this is an improvement.

I must say though, if I had the money to spend I would pay the inflated price of the VW.

MUCH better IMO. By the way, don't laugh, but does anybody see a little bit of Ion influence on the outside?

You have to be a fan of tha Maxima styling, and I, sir, am not a fan.

For those looking for the same deisgn in small (Sentra), medium (Altima) and large (Maxima), this is for you. Ford learned that this kind of copy-cat styling was not a barn-burner for thier trucks, and I don't think Nissan will have a hit with this either. "Where have I seen this design, oh, the Maxima. Whoop-de-do!"

You have to be a fan of tha Maxima styling, and I, sir, am not a fan.

For those looking for the same deisgn in small (Sentra), medium (Altima) and large (Maxima), this is for you.  Ford learned that this kind of copy-cat styling was not a barn-burner for thier trucks, and I don't think Nissan will have a hit with this either.  "Where have I seen this design, oh, the Maxima.  Whoop-de-do!"

Yeah. It's really just a difference of opinion. I say it'll be a success, because the Max has been a sales success. This Sentra's face improves on the Max's,IMO, because it doesn't have that toothy grill. As far as the similar car in different sizes, it's a formula that has worked. It worked out very well for BMW with the old 3/5/7, and the old MBs C/E/S. The Max will be redesigned so that it's much closer to the Teana, so there won't be two cars on the same showroom floor that are very similar for very long.

Posted Image

I'm getting sick and tired of this kind of styling on small cars. The huge sweeping roofline, the short hood, the Korean C-pillar, the tall trunk, and the tiny wheels. I like most of Nissan's other stuff, and I don't mind the details like the lights and grille, but the proportions are terrible.

:puke:

Looks like a Prius from the rear, and Ion from the side and a Fusion from the front....

As usual, just like all asian offerings, it is derivative and uninspired... They take failed portions of other designs and origami them into a somewhat cohesive set up, then the compliments pile on.

I think the OLD Sentra is more attractive.

Good luck with the CVT..... I wish GM hadn't abandoned that idea. (As usual they were way ahead of the times, criticized for that innovation, and now will lag upon it's cancellation)

A blend of Altima, Maxima, and Titan-plus a little of the Versa's height but not too much. I like this a lot-about as much as the Mazda 3, hopefully with more passenger and cargo room and larger door handles. Well done Nissan!

Cute!

Nissan definitely is moving the Maxima and Altima design language down the line and I think this "version" is the best realization of that language.

The correlation with ION is very interesting....and funny that they are SO close. I do have to say that the Sentra has managed to execute the ION "look" far better than Saturn did (avoiding many fussy details of the ION such as the oval door handles that look out of place, the wide panel gaps, and the "swoosh" in the doors.)

Interior looks fresh as well with a minimum of fuss.

Good luck Nissan!

The interior looks nice, though I'll be those plastics are hard as rocks, and the exterior is a big improvement over the current Sentra, which looks really dated and econocar-like.

I'll give you guys the Saturn Ion look alike comments but only from the rear. The front looks nothing like the front of an Ion.

Guest YellowJacket894

Meh, I like it... I can see the Azeal Concept's influence... Does that mean a coupe version is on its way?

Aw, hell. It still wouldn't pull me away from a Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged.

I do have to say that the Sentra has managed to execute the ION "look" far better than Saturn did (avoiding many fussy details of the ION such as the oval door handles that look out of place, the wide panel gaps, and the "swoosh" in the doors.)

Perhaps. Then again it is 5 years later and 50% more money.

Is this a f@#king joke!?!?!?!?!? :blink:

This looks like a riced out Ion. Everywhere I look I see Saturn Ion! WTF???

Nissan played it safe with this design, and I think they pulled it off. And supposedly the the Sentra redesign was delayed because the original design turned out so bad. There are obviously a lot of similar styling cues to the ION, as the Maxima coincidently had, but the ION looks like it was put together with cardboard and scissors.

Looks just like a shrunkin Maxima/Ultima with it's moldings stripped off and it's tail kicked up in a Saturn Ion way. Yet another in the tired/tirade copycat/lookalike crap from abroad that is following the decontenting of most newly introduced vehicles. Besides the new Camaro and to some extent, the Enclave there is not one vehicle at NAIAS that I even remotely like this year.

I am alittle disappointed that Nissan didn't break new ground with the exterior styling.

But, given this fact the Sentra looks alot better than the already dated Cobalt!

Now when is the Cobalt scheduled for a face lift?

1.) You'd think nissan would change the name to jettison all the baggage the sentra name carries, esp if they are going to so closely link it visually with the altima, a successful model.

2.) Terrible worm's-eye view from the rear, showing the unfinished fender panels & the lumpy chassis stampings.

3.) Giant sweeping flared fenders only make the small wheels look even smaller.

4.) I see the front bumper right under the DynaStar grille is already sagging, following tradition of the rear bumpers of past sentras.

5.) One would think the resounding revulsion over the quest's 'dashboard trashcan' would've killed the 'wastebasket' crammed between the seats of this job, but no.

6.) You can't polish a turd.

Nissan I think is doing the worst job of all the Japanese. The interiors aren't being updated to nicer materials even if the layout is better.

It's weird. the versa was so cheap in comparison to the fit and Yaris. And everything feels light. I'm really unimpressed and they fall way down the list for me.

Although supposedly they're making that URGE.

I fall in the camp of those who like the new Sentra more than disliking it. I'm not a big fan of the Altima and I think the Maxima is flat-out bad. But the Nissan corporate styling seems to work 'better' with the Sentra. It seems to make a difference what photos you look at. The first set of photos posted here I thought "meh"...then seeing the car in a dark blue on Nissan's site, I thought it looked a lot better. Like everything, you have to see it person to really get a good sense.

Now to everyone ripping this for being an ION knockoff...I swear that on this very board, I it was widely agreed that the ION resembled a Nissan when it first came out. If memory serves, the current gen Altima came out shortly before the ION. So a little historical context is in order it seems. This Sentra is right in line with Nissan's design face for sedans, for better or worse. Just like the Quest, Murano and Versa all share a common family theme. It's definitely open for debate as to whether such uniformity is a good thing and/or whether Nissan's 'face' is nice to look at or not.

"Nissan I think is doing the worst job of all the Japanese. The interiors aren't being updated to nicer materials even if the layout is better.

It's weird. the versa was so cheap in comparison to the fit and Yaris. And everything feels light. I'm really unimpressed and they fall way down the list for me."

That's an interesting take since you've seen all three in person. From pictures, the Versa is the only one of these B segment cars that looks like 'real' car or something I'd consider. The Yaris and Fit look like freaking clown cars....the Fit moreso because of it's exterior styling and the Yaris for it's interior, particularly the horrible and CHEAP looking instrument pod. On top of that, for looking like clown-mobiles, the Toyhonda pair join the Aveo in failing to deliver excellent fuel economy as a trade off for what you give up in styling and size. There's nothing ground breaking regarding the Versa in terms of styling but it has outstanding interior size and fuel economy approaching a diesel. The Aveo would be right at the top of the list too with the redesign if they'd just drop one of the smaller Ecotech engines in it.

Edited by PeterJ

"Nissan I think is doing the worst job of all the Japanese. The interiors aren't being updated to nicer materials even if the layout is better.

It's weird. the versa was so cheap in comparison to the fit and Yaris. And everything feels light. I'm really unimpressed and they fall way down the list for me."

That's an interesting take since you've seen all three in person. From pictures, the Versa is the only one of these B segment cars that looks like 'real' car or something I'd consider. The Yaris and Fit look like freaking clown cars....the Fit moreso because of it's exterior styling and the Yaris for it's interior, particularly the horrible and CHEAP looking instrument pod. On top of that, for looking like clown-mobiles, the Toyhonda pair join the Aveo in failing to deliver excellent fuel economy as a trade off for what you give up in styling and size. There's nothing ground breaking regarding the Versa in terms of styling but it has outstanding interior size and fuel economy approaching a diesel. The Aveo would be right at the top of the list too with the redesign if they'd just drop one of the smaller Ecotech engines in it.

Yeah but a lot changes in person when you open and close a door and feel like you locked yourself in a sardine can in the versa. The Fit felt solid like a civic and in a small car that is a big deal. also the versa felt cramped in the drivers seat. While the Yaris felt best and the fit was OK. I thought the fit came off 100 times better in person, as does the new civic. yes yaris had Scion xA like interior but I'd take that over the Versa. but yes the Versa looks better than the new sentra.

Yeah but a lot changes in person when you open and close a door and feel like you locked yourself in a sardine can in the versa. The Fit felt solid like a civic and in a small car that is a big deal. also the versa felt cramped in the drivers seat. While the Yaris felt best and the fit was OK. I thought the fit came off 100 times better in person, as does the new civic. yes yaris had Scion xA like interior but I'd take that over the Versa. but yes the Versa looks better than the new sentra.

Thanks for the overview! Without a doubt, you just can't totally embrace or dismiss any vehicle until you see it and touch it in person.