JDM Corolla pics released

mustang84

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Huh... What, Oh.  The white one needs a Money Saving Brand (MSB) generic sticker on it.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

176346[/snapback]

Would you expect more from Toyota? When was the last time Toyota brand sold a car on design?

Posted Image

No wonder Toyota went back to the drawing board for the North American model. Since the Japanese/Euro Corolla is usually more stylish(barely) then the NA/South Asian model, the new model we would've gotten must've been really bland.

Guest YellowJacket894

Looks like a fat ass Yaris. And could the wagon be any more of a Mommymobile?

Boring. Someone tell Toyota just to say "We can't design cars" and we'll be fine.

Edited by YellowJacket894

While the exterior is bland, that interior will blow everything in its class away if it makes its way across the Pacific.

176479[/snapback]

Agreed, except that I'm not sure if it really blows everything away. Does it look better? Yes. Does it look astronomically better? No. What it really reminds me of is the Camry interior, which I don't really think is everything it's hyped up to be for a midsizer, but it'd be really good for a compact.

Disgustingly unimaginative!

Would you expect more from Toyota? When was the last time Toyota brand sold a car on design?

Posted Image

176349[/snapback]

ummm... I'd say they had a few decent ones in the 60s and 70s... for cheap $hitboxes.

Edited by Sixty8panther

Guest YellowJacket894

If there's one thing I would like to see in the next Corolla, it is that Wagon version.

176474[/snapback]

Are you a soccer mom? :D

I don't think people buy a Corolla for styling..it's like a washer or dryer..they buy it on reputation, value and it's Consumer Reports ratings.. that's all...they aren't car enthusiasts, they just want cheap, reliable transportation.

Edited by moltar

I don't think people buy a Corolla for styling..it's like a washer or dryer..they buy it on reputation, value and it's Consumer Reports ratings..  that's all...they aren't car enthusiasts, they just want cheap, reliable transportation.

176734[/snapback]

I dunno so much about the "cheap" part in that statement.

MSRP Price Range        $14,105 - $17,880

Invoice Price Range  $13,047 - $16,179

176739[/snapback]

For the low end of the price, you really don't get much of a car, though, in terms of features. If I must drive a compact car for economy/budget reasons, I would definitely choose one with more features to play with.

2006 Toyota Corolla

MSRP Price Range        $14,105 - $17,880

Invoice Price Range  $13,047 - $16,179

Sounds pretty cheap to me..

176739[/snapback]

I'm sure Kia and Hyundai would have it beat with more features, and it's not as they aren't reliable either.

I hear Jetta Designers Crying Now, LOL!

Corolla + Chrome= VW Jetta

:lol:

Factoid: The Toyota Corolla will be the #1 selling Car in America during the 2007 MY.

176757[/snapback]

Maybe...the Camry will probably be #1 again...though the Corolla will probably be in the top 10.

Guest YellowJacket894

I hear Jetta designers crying now!

Corolla + Chrome= VW Jetta

:lol:

From the newest issue of Motor Trend: "Sum Up: VW builds a Corolla."

While the exterior is bland, that interior will blow everything in its class away if it makes its way across the Pacific.

176479[/snapback]

With the move to more economical cars - the key to success is going to be having a high class interior. If this car comes to the states - the Cobalt is dead in the water. I agree that the exterior is boring - but consumers will be impressed with this interior. I sure hope the Cobalt refresh for 2008 is impressive.

The Corolla has incredible brand equity, achieves nearly 40 MPG without a hybrid powertrain and is a pretty useful size (not pint sized like the Fit and Yaris). This will be the new growth area as oil continues its skyward march.

The interior pictures scares me more than anything. GM can not let up. Interiors are getting good - but not nearly good enough.

Yeah, taking another look at the interior shows just how good it is compared to any other C-segment car, looks like it'd be right at home in a larger, more expensive car, the exterior may be boring, and I still don't like the steering wheel, but the interior will be a huge selling point.

wow. what a pile of turd.

the new Elantra coming out will cream this car. And its a pile of turd too, but Hyundai will cannibalize Toyota a LOT with the new Elantra. As do the new Sentra, Mazda3, Jetta, even the Civic .....list goes on and on. I bet the new lancer will even be a better car.

Toyota=Complacent.

Toyota=no imagination or design leadership

But, lots of liberals/urbanites/non-independent thinkers/other stereotyped groups I care not to mention here will line up to buy it in droves anyways. Consumer Reports will gush.

Edited by regfootball

It wasn't too long ago GM had some of the boring-est cars around. Like Century, Malibu, LeSabre, Lumina....

So, people in glass houses.. :ohyeah:

177058[/snapback]

True enough...you can't get much more boring or mediocre than most of GM's '80s-early '00s FWD lineup...

Edited by moltar

This thing looks like an Echo XL. :puke:

Eh, it has some of the face of the current Mark-X in its grill, a car that I hadn't seen before I came to Japan, I am not so sure if they sell it in Europe.

Not my bag, but it for sure is not the worst they have ever done.

// c0ld_phuz10n

Edited by c0ld_phuz10n