CSpec

Civic "Real Life" Photo Gallery

55 posts in this topic

Actual taillights: passable Trunk mounted taillight extension thingies: Fuuuuuugly...

I like how...
1) Every domestic was laughed at for having digital gauges.
2) Honda's digital gauges are 'cool' because they "Look like a Heads-up Display" (Ann Job).
3) GM was lambasted for their real HUD units because they were "gimmicky" and "irritating" (Edmunds).

That double dash is so retarded. What a dum idea. I'd rather have a '78 Pacer.

I like how...
1) Every domestic was laughed at for having digital gauges.
2) Honda's digital gauges are 'cool' because they "Look like a Heads-up Display" (Ann Job).
3) GM was lambasted for their real HUD units because they were "gimmicky" and "irritating" (Edmunds).

[post="14046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

a lot of people like HUD, i just sold a C6 yesterday and the guy said yea that it was annoying and wondered if he could turn it off, I showed him how, but asked me to leave it on for him to adjust it.... so maybe he did like it.

but as far as the CIVIC? thats a CIVIC? it has no styling, it looks like another pregneant roller skate like the prius... and Navigation in a Civic? comon thats a bit expensive isnt it?

this thing looks like a beaver or badger... whatever that buck-toothed, pudgything is...

and Navigation in a Civic? comon thats a bit expensive isnt it?

No... GM should be called out because the Cobalt doesn't have it. GM should punished because the Malibu doesn't it. GM should be killed because the Impala doesn't have it. It's downright ridiculous...

Its defintely not my cup of tea, however its VERY futuristic looking. It reminds me of the cars from the Demolition Man movie featuring Sly Stallone. I like the Si Coupe a lot more. But, the best compact to me still is the Mazda3. Add to that features that the competition still doesnt hve.

Yeah, that is the yop of the line civic with a $1500 nav system. most bargin civics will have a $50 stereo and no chrome inside. It will look like toyota echo with a digital clock on the top of the dash!

:puke: :puke: :puke:

One thing I keep thinking when I see this car, ESPECIALLY the front....first-year Saturn Ion, only with GOOFIER proportions making up the rest of the body.

So strange. Take that first-gen Ion, melt and deform the body slightly, then add a MUCH higher of sophistication, refinement, and build quality, and you'd have this car.

I "kinda" like it, but full-heartedly agree that it is WEIRD. :blink:

See:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Edited by caddycruiser

One thing I keep thinking when I see this car, ESPECIALLY the front....first-year Saturn Ion, only with GOOFIER proportions making up the rest of the body.

So strange.  Take that first-gen Ion, melt and deform the body slightly, then add a MUCH higher of sophistication, refinement, and build quality, and you'd have this car.

See:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="14224"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

MT also has a write-up on the new Civic. I didn't read it, because I don't care about it, but all the pictures made me think that honda did a great job redesigning the Ion for Saturn.

so... my thoughts exaclty

The Civic actually looks like a combination of the sedan's grille and coupes headlights to me. The interior's design is just horrible, as is the exterior design. If it was a GM it'd be getting bashed to hell. The interior is a mismatch of a bunch of colors and looks way too busy for an economy car, and there's not a hint of inspiration in the exterior design.

Wow, I think it looks great, particularly in those pictures. It no longer looks like cheap, practical transportation... now there's some flair to it.

No... GM should be called out because the Cobalt doesn't have it. GM should punished because the Malibu doesn't it. GM should be killed because the Impala doesn't have it. It's downright ridiculous...

[post="14122"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How many people actually buy NAV systems in lower-rung cars? Seriously.

I would like to see how many Mazda3s have it. Even Accords as most I've seen are sunday special 4-bangers with cloth seats and pwoer windows.

Most civics won't even have power windows, and if you are up north they won't have AC.. they'll be just a boring pos with a digital alarm clock on the dash!

I see a fair share of upmarket Accords and Camrys around here, as well as other cars. I'll admit that I don't live in the poorest area of the country, though.

God strike me dead, but I actually like this Civic. It clearly isn't the base vehicle, though. How many of these loaded babies will they actually sell? Around here, their base vehicle is their biggest seller. I suspect once the pictured Civic is priced out, it will probably be up around the price of a base Impala.

I'm surprised nobody has called out the vehicle on its striking 3/4 rear view. It screams Prius!

I'm surprised nobody has called out the vehicle on its striking 3/4 rear view. It screams Prius!

[post="14309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Every new car will look like some other car in certain views, it's unavoidable. The new Civic sedan is ugly in a useful kind of way, lol. It looks like it is very functional and roomy for its size. But the downside is to make it so roomy on the inside, the exterior look had to be compromised. I would never drive one personally. I can't wait til the Si's come out and some real-life pictures are posted.

I just noticed this, but there are a couple pretty big gaps in the interior, and the door panels don't match up with the dash (colors of materials). If this was the Cobalt interior it'd be taking crap for that.