Civic "Real Life" Photo Gallery

CSpec

I like how...
1) Every domestic was laughed at for having digital gauges.
2) Honda's digital gauges are 'cool' because they "Look like a Heads-up Display" (Ann Job).
3) GM was lambasted for their real HUD units because they were "gimmicky" and "irritating" (Edmunds).

That double dash is so retarded. What a dum idea. I'd rather have a '78 Pacer.

I like how...
1) Every domestic was laughed at for having digital gauges.
2) Honda's digital gauges are 'cool' because they "Look like a Heads-up Display" (Ann Job).
3) GM was lambasted for their real HUD units because they were "gimmicky" and "irritating" (Edmunds).

[post="14046"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

a lot of people like HUD, i just sold a C6 yesterday and the guy said yea that it was annoying and wondered if he could turn it off, I showed him how, but asked me to leave it on for him to adjust it.... so maybe he did like it.

but as far as the CIVIC? thats a CIVIC? it has no styling, it looks like another pregneant roller skate like the prius... and Navigation in a Civic? comon thats a bit expensive isnt it?

One thing I keep thinking when I see this car, ESPECIALLY the front....first-year Saturn Ion, only with GOOFIER proportions making up the rest of the body.

So strange. Take that first-gen Ion, melt and deform the body slightly, then add a MUCH higher of sophistication, refinement, and build quality, and you'd have this car.

I "kinda" like it, but full-heartedly agree that it is WEIRD. :blink:

See:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by caddycruiser

One thing I keep thinking when I see this car, ESPECIALLY the front....first-year Saturn Ion, only with GOOFIER proportions making up the rest of the body.

So strange.  Take that first-gen Ion, melt and deform the body slightly, then add a MUCH higher of sophistication, refinement, and build quality, and you'd have this car.

See:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

[post="14224"][/post]

MT also has a write-up on the new Civic. I didn't read it, because I don't care about it, but all the pictures made me think that honda did a great job redesigning the Ion for Saturn.

so... my thoughts exaclty

The Civic actually looks like a combination of the sedan's grille and coupes headlights to me. The interior's design is just horrible, as is the exterior design. If it was a GM it'd be getting bashed to hell. The interior is a mismatch of a bunch of colors and looks way too busy for an economy car, and there's not a hint of inspiration in the exterior design.

No... GM should be called out because the Cobalt doesn't have it. GM should punished because the Malibu doesn't it. GM should be killed because the Impala doesn't have it. It's downright ridiculous...

[post="14122"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How many people actually buy NAV systems in lower-rung cars? Seriously.

I would like to see how many Mazda3s have it. Even Accords as most I've seen are sunday special 4-bangers with cloth seats and pwoer windows.

God strike me dead, but I actually like this Civic. It clearly isn't the base vehicle, though. How many of these loaded babies will they actually sell? Around here, their base vehicle is their biggest seller. I suspect once the pictured Civic is priced out, it will probably be up around the price of a base Impala.

I'm surprised nobody has called out the vehicle on its striking 3/4 rear view. It screams Prius!

[post="14309"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Every new car will look like some other car in certain views, it's unavoidable. The new Civic sedan is ugly in a useful kind of way, lol. It looks like it is very functional and roomy for its size. But the downside is to make it so roomy on the inside, the exterior look had to be compromised. I would never drive one personally. I can't wait til the Si's come out and some real-life pictures are posted.

No... GM should be called out because the Cobalt doesn't have it. GM should punished because the Malibu doesn't it. GM should be killed because the Impala doesn't have it. It's downright ridiculous...

[post="14122"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Amen. Let's not forget the "premium" midsize sedan, the Buick LaCrosse.

Looks like a late 80's concept. Anyway, comparing the rear to the A4's is actually pretty ridiculous. The Audi is taut, dynamic, and attractively well-proportioned. While the Civic's taillamps do share a similar shape, I don't see how anyone can convince themselves that the two truly look similar.

Wow...it looks worse now than it did before. That interior is just downright wrong. The design is just awful and the "quality" doesn't exactly seep out at least in the picture. And seriously...NAV would not big a big selling option. Probably one in a thousand civics will be produced with NAV and its just used for promotions to make all the nerds drool.

Nerds love NAV! I think the option will be put into a reasonable percentage of these things. I looked at the car at my local dealership last night. It does look melted, somewhat, but I can live with the exterior after seeing it first hand. The interior is truly awful though. The dashboard is the ugliest I've seen.

I would like to see how many Mazda3s have it. Even Accords as most I've seen are sunday special 4-bangers with cloth seats and pwoer windows.

[post="14266"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

And seriously...NAV would not big a big selling option. Probably one in a thousand civics will be produced with NAV and its just used for promotions to make all the nerds drool.

You're missing the point, guys... It should atleast be offered for those that want it. Whether that's a small number or not shouldn't matter. It helps the perception of the vehicle. Not even offering it is retarded... For whatever reason; good enough without it, etc. If you disagree, you're a retard. End of story. "Good enough never is."

(pssst... Vipes, I think Bimmer was being a bit sarcastic when he posted his "good enough" comment, m'kay?)

I agree with Vipes. This option, even if sold on only 10% of production, will help elevate the Civic in the public's eye.

The NAV screen is a $2000 option in Canada so only about a dozen will be sold with it. Would like to see what the dash looks like without it. The dash is very strange. I come from a family of Honda lovers who deserted the General a long time ago so I'm curious as to what their reaction to this new Civic will be. I'm betting even with the strange new dash and Prius looks it will be a success cause its a Honda.

And seriously...NAV would not big a big selling option. Probably one in a thousand civics will be produced with NAV and its just used for promotions to make all the nerds drool.

You're missing the point, guys... It should atleast be offered for those that want it. Whether that's a small number or not shouldn't matter. It helps the perception of the vehicle. Not even offering it is retarded... For whatever reason; good enough without it, etc. If you disagree, you're a retard. End of story. "Good enough never is."

[post="14364"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not really...you just aren't looking from the business perspective. It costs money to engineer NAV into a car....its not like it's free. Sure it gives Honda a small bit of "PR" boost...but really its not significant. GM simply decided that the demand simply wasn't there for something like that...and I completely agree.

[post="14364"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I agree with you completely BV. What also annoys me is that when it is offered in vehicles, you must order it on the highest trim level. For example, if I were to buy an Impala, I'd probably get the 2LT because I don't want the 3.9's horrendous fuel economy (c'mon, the V8 gets almost the same, and with the 8, you get a ton more power), and I'd like NAV... but knowing how these things work, I'd only be able to get it on the LTZ or SS if it was even offered.

If I want to get an Accord, and I want good fuel economy, I'd get a 4-cylinder EX. Don't want to shell out all the extra loot to pay for leather and such, but I would like Nav. You know what I'm saying?

The sedan looks really good/almost great. It'll will do very well for Honda, noticably better than the last Civic. The interior is ridiculous but most people will overlook that because it's a Honda. Sad but true. I read the 140 hp version gets 30/40 mpg. Compare that with Cobalt's 140 hp version gets 25/35 mpg. The Cobalt really needs an low end Ecotec engine with VVT. It also needs a price drop. Pronto. Edited by 4gm

Posted Image

is a knockoff of

Posted Image

-RBB

[post="14118"][/post]

THAT IS CRAZY!! Bad Honda! If you're gonna copy though, audi is a good choice.
I like the interior... I think... I at least like it for being different. I like the fact that a nav system is available. GM IS stupid for not even having it on the Impala. Exterior is so so IMO. It is a civic. It will be a hit.

I see a fair share of upmarket Accords and Camrys around here, as well as other cars.  I'll admit that I don't live in the poorest area of the country, though.

[post="14283"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Huh? The discussion was about Civics? Accords and Camrys aren't considered "lowest rung" cars these days. In fact Camrys and more particularly the current Avalon remind me amazingly of Buicks. Strange times we live in when Buick can't sell Buicks but Toyota can.

[post="14266"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Several GPS companies have some very inexpensive small GPS systems for cars that are a small fraction of in dash GPS systems. I have one for my GTO and it works great. I can kind of see a luxury car having one in dash, but you start to put them in lower cost cars and they become lower cost no more. There is probably an entire package the Honda GPS comes with to, you probably can't just buy the GPS alone. Plus, I don't care what anyone says, the inside of this car looks TERRIBLE!! The outside looks ok though.