348 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the design of the 2008 CTS

• 5 - Drop. Dead. Gorgeous.
    • 4 - Very good, but...
    • 3 - Not bad, not great
    • 2 - Mediocre at best
    • 1 - Ugh. Pukefest.

Anybody going to comment on the nav and the radio layout? :smilewide:

i like the new radio controls, but why do they have to devote so much space and focus on the dash to a stupid analog clock? I would rather have the radio and climate controls up higher. the clock thing is tired old and cliched. SICK OF IT.

Actually, I prefer the looks of the current CTS. I like the more techo / chunky stance and the more square taillights. But the interior on this one is a lot nicer, even if its soft and lexus curvy.

Never can seem to get it all in one, hmmmmmmm. Still this car will be a huge hit.

Edited by regfootball

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for more...Its a nice morph from the last one, but I have minor gripes.

On the exterior, I don't care for the skinny taillights, nor the way the c-piller chops out the rear window so dramatically. Looks like the 4-door was an afterthought. For me I'd really have to see it in person more to say much more for the outside, perhaps it's not as bad as I originally think and I'll warm up to it more. Heck I wasn't liking the grill and front bumper at first, but after about 20 minutes looking at the pics, its growing on me. Seeing it in silver definitely helped, the red doesn't do the car justice.

Interior-wise, I like the console shape and design. The middle vents are pretty cool shaped and positioned as they are. The hand stitching is a nice touch, but I'm sure we'll pay dearly for the "hand craftsmanship" of this. On the downside for me is the grain and appearance of the upper dash/top of door leather(the black in the pics). Its putting off a high sheen in some of those photos and making it look like plastic. I had to look closer and noticed the stitch details to know it was leather. Again perhaps seeing it in person would be different.

I also dislike the cheap(almost aftermarket looking) door lock plungers on the top of the door. The silver trim should go away and be replaced by matching wood. And last but not least on the interior, why...oh...why did they put the medallion on the seat backs like that? It looks like a hard piece, can't imagine that to be comfortable on long drives...or any for that matter. That has to dig into your back to some degree.

Edited by CreativeVision

Its not enough reason to trade in my current CTS to the new version. The looks on the outside have been dumbed down. The front of the car is hot. The rest is not. That is why they always showed you the front of the car in the sneak peak pictures. The interior is far from perfect. The dash looks more thought out but the silver stack lools cheap. I would like to see one with the NAV screen on so I can compare to other cars. The steering wheel looks so cheap. There just might be too many colors on the interior. I would like to see one with an all ebony interior.

I would give it a 7 out of 10.

I still love it... Regardless of the color shown so far... even in Orange.

I'd never buy the current CTS. I'd definitely consider the new one. Sorry, but it's superior in every way as far as I'm concerned: features, quality, style, proportions, presence... it's beautiful. I can't wait to see it in person and on the road.

Between the updated STS (Chinese interior) and the new CTS, I'm thoroughly impressed with Cadillac A&S 2.0. I'm pretty much hooked.

The upcoming AWD LaCrosse or RWD Lucerne better steal my heart or I'm switching brands.

I'll add my my 2 cents, and I imagine someone has already touched on this but my eyes are blurry from trying to read all the posts... whats up with weird thingy/emblem on the front seats sticking out? Is that thing going to jab you in the back? Overall I like the car alot, the problem is I see it going way up in sticker price putting it too out of reach for my measley budget, and suddenly an 06/07 CTS looks affordable, hell even a 06/07 STS will be affordable now too, and the STS suddenly looks neglected which I'm sure will change very very soon.

Check out the video and some new pics: www.cadillac.com/allnewcts

Also, I've been reading other message boards to see what they think. Nearly everyone at CSS and C&D loves it. And, what surprised me the most were the responses at ClubLexus (see quotes below). It seems non-GM fans love it too.

ClubLexus quotes:

Bottom line, I expect it to continue to sell very well for Caddy!
Looks pretty good, much better then the current model inside and out.

From an IS350 owner:

It looks good! really good! way to go GM!
That looks fantastic! The front grille reminds me of Audi and it looks like Caddy actually has a decent interior this time around, although they need to change the plastic on the center piece of the steering wheel.
Looks pretty good I must say.
Another IS350 owner:
Looks good. I like it, especially the interior; it's cleaner looking, except for the cheese-grater grill.
The interior looks better than anything else in the entry level luxury class right now, IMO, and that includes the ES and IS. VERY sharp looking car.
Im really liking that front end, but now I know why they never showed preview pics of the rest of the car. It looks exactly the same!!

Though the grill is HUGE, Im loving it. Big grills is like the new trend. Every car company wants you to recognize there cars by just the grill alone these days (you'll be able to spot this car a mile away which is a good thing for them). This grill surely is bold and it does make a statement.

The interior I think is great. I dont necessarily think its best in class design wise (though its up there), but the fact that they are using Leather on the dash and real metals and wood to dress up the interior is big plus in book

Cadillac is really doing a nice job lately.

From what Jim Taylor (I think it was him?) or some GM high-up employee said there was a small RWD Cadillac, I believe, so perhaps the EPII model got canceled and it's going to be on the new small RWD platform. I don't really know though.

I believe there was a rumour about the EpII G6 being canned which might make some sense if the 2 cars end up sharing a new RWD architecture. Anyway, I hope the BTS (that's how they should name it IMO) turns RWD and into a 3-series competitor (in size and driving dynamics).

EDIT: The rear 3/4 shot in silver ir very nice. It seems the cllour silver accents character lines that didn't seem to be there on the orange and red models.

Edited by ZL-1

This makes the BLS look like a Yaris Sedan!

Man, that thing is beautiful. I can't wait to see it in black or charcoal gray. That interior is beautiful. I was expecting the taillamps to wrap up onto the decklid more than they do. I love this car though.

Didnt I see pics of this car in a color similar to the Copper Sunburst that the 2003 model debuted in?

I think the front end / grillework is a little bulky. Anyone agree with me? The v-shape hangs a little too low in the center. As for the rear, that's become cleaner....more like the STS. I did not like the chunky lights of the previous-gen CTS.

The interior is nicely put together. The bolsters look supportive but not intrusive. I can do without the crest on the seatbacks...they will fall off soon enough, it would appear.

I wouldn't buy one. I actually think the lines of the STS and the DTS are more nicely proportioned, but I wouldn't buy those either.

Edited by trinacriabob

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking at them side by side, the new one is BY FAR more sporty looking. I don't care what anybody else says. The new one is agressive and low and wide and cut!

Looking at the cars side by side, I can really pick out what is missing. Aside from the molding missing on the side (Yes, this is one car in which I think it looks good) I think what really throws the new design off is the HUGE fender arches. I just don't think they did well in making everything very linear and then having these huge "melted looking" arches. I also miss the knife edge creases (which are still there but too subtle) The mirrors do not flow on the new car at all like they did on the old car.

The front looks too top heavy, compared to the old car and I miss the defined bumper look with everything stacked. The stacked and blunt lighting on the current car were huge hits. So the more tepid, pointy, non smoked lighting on the new car seem to be too STS-like.

In the pic of the old car, the light reflects off of the panels like it has been jewel cut. (You can see defined surfaces and angles) On the new car, nothing is defined enough for this to happen. It's too smooth for lack of a better description.

I was doing some comparison and found the 2008 CTS is almost the same size as the BMW 5 series.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/5/525iSedan/techdata.htm

Posted Image

“Dimensionally, the 2008 CTS is 191.6 inches (4766 mm) long, 72.5 inches (1841 mm) wide and 58 inches (1472 mm) in height. Wheelbase is 113.4 inches (2880 mm) with a front/rear track of 61.8 / 62.0 inches (1575 / 1585 mm).”

I assume that the real competition is the BMW 5 not the 3 series.

It appears that GM has made a major shift with the CTS and putting it up against the 5 series. :scratchchin:

Any thoughts?

All the interiors in the above comparison are nicely done, except that I don't like the beige BMW interior.

I noticed that again the CTS manual is going to have a foot emergency/parking brake. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, or if it's even an issue.

I have to reserve some of my comments until I see the car in person. It looks terrible in some pictures and great in others. As for things I don't like, you can start with the seat crest (which probably won't see production) and the heavy chrome bar on the trunk lid. In fact the whole trunk lid looks too busy or out of sync with the rest of the car. Some pictures lead me to believe that I can buy a NG CTS for a snow plow, the car seems to be raked so much that you could plow streets with it.

Analog clocks do not belong on a modern car. It reminds me of the clock on my current CTS. On cold mornings, when my wife is going to work, the clock hands spin out of control for a minute or two and then return to the correct time. Its haunted!

After 4 1/2 years our '03 CTS has proven itself to be an exceptional "drivers car". It's still fun to drive, even though it's got the 3.2L engine. I sometimes forget about how good it handles, because it's my wife's daily driver.

Color means a lot on the CTS. Our white '03 CTS doesn't look as good (side view) as some of the other colors. I have the feeling that the '08 CTS will have the same problem.

Overall, I would give the '08 CTS an 8 out of 10, based on the pictures I've seen. I honestly believe that my rating will go up once I get to see it in person and drive it.

SEVENFEET - Welcome to C&G my friend. How's your SRX doing? Some of the posters here would be surprised to know that you are 6'11" tall and picked a CTS as your daily driver.

An after-thought: what if they increased the creases on the taillamps, and make them look like subtle tailfins? It's does resembles slightly to tailfins right now already. Look closely on how the taillamps stick out.

Posted Image

No. Tail fins died in the 70's and that's where they should stay. No retro stuff for this car.

Putting the picof the new CTS and old CTS together and it becomes apparent just how dated the current one now looks. Cadillac did a great job.

The silver CTS looks much better I think.

Even this new one does not LOOK to be BMW 5-series sized... :huh:

I like the styling MUCH better than the current version...I've always found the side profile to look odd on the current gen. The part I can't believe is all the driver's car, 'ring-tuned...blah blah blah...then I see the interior pictures with the manual transmission...and "the pump to set" emergency brake continues. WTF!! I guess I better hope nothing happens to my 330i!

Posted Image

Ahhhh $h!.....

I didn't notice that.....the damn car still has a foot-operated parking brake? Cadillac, get your HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS.....!

:angry:

You know that's the ONE thing about my interior that drives me to rage.....I hate the foot-operated parking brake. Not only does it feel and look "unsporty", I'm CONSTANTLY popping the hood the two levers are SO close together.......plus when you are pulling into a parking space, in a rush, it's cumbersome to apply it quickly so you can shut off the car and jump out.....

Think about it this way and think about having a clutch to deal with.....you are pulling into a parking space....well, you HAVE to put the car in neutral or shut off the engine FIRST......then take your foot OFF the clutch pedal.....then you apply the foot-operated parking brake. With a console lever, you can pull into the parking space and IMMEDIATELY apply the parking brake by pulling up the handle with your right hand WITHOUT having to shut off the car, or put the shifter into neutral, or pull your foot off the clutch pedal.

A console handle that you can simply grab and pull up is much more ergonomic, simpler to use, and nicer to bat....

Maybe it's not THAT big of a deal in an auto-equipped car because you seldom ever use the parking brake.....but I think if you are going to be serious enough to offer a manual transmission in your "sport sedan", that's an important thing that shouldn't have been overlooked....it's the difference between being a "posseur" or being a serious intender in the sport-sedan segment.

Edited by The O.C.

The original pictures do not do the care justice:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Okay.....hmmm.....the silver shots are making me think that when I see it in Detroit next week in person, that might make a difference on how I feel about the design from the A-pillar back....we'll have to see.....

I still think they married too much "Lexus IS-series design" in to the roofline and body sides.....and not enough "Caddy."

Well, all will be explained for me on Friday, 1-19-07.

(Okay I have NO friggin' idea why this posted three times........sorry guys)

Edited by The O.C.

Looking at the cars side by side, I can really pick out what is missing. Aside from the molding missing on the side (Yes, this is one car in which I think it looks good) I think what really throws the new design off is the HUGE fender arches. I just don't think they did well in making everything very linear and then having these huge "melted looking" arches. I also miss the knife edge creases (which are still there but too subtle) The mirrors do not flow on the new car at all like they did on the old car.

The front looks too top heavy, compared to the old car and I miss the defined bumper look with everything stacked. The stacked and blunt lighting on the current car were huge hits. So the more tepid, pointy, non smoked lighting on the new car seem to be too STS-like.

In the pic of the old car, the light reflects off of the panels like it has been jewel cut. (You can see defined surfaces and angles) On the new car, nothing is defined enough for this to happen. It's too smooth for lack of a better description.

You TOTALLY hit the nail on the head.

STILL a beautiful and classy car......but it seems to me like Caddy decided it needed to "dumb it down" a bit in regards to the "knife-edge" styling in order to capture a larger piece of the entry-luxury segment (maybe not a bad decision from a sales standpoint.)

It lacks the controversial "edge" to it that I believe made the CTS a winner in the first place......you really could say that no other entry-luxury car in the segment looked like a CTS.....now, aside from the great front-end, it doesn't look that distinctive anymore.....doesn't have that much to make it stand out from the IS, new C-Class (coming soon), or even Audi or Acura.....

EVEN that wonderful new interior is now "just" competitive with what's out there.....the new interior doesn't stand out from the competition like the current "blocky" one does....but at least if it doesn't stand out, it will be recognized as every bit as competitive from a design, materials, and quality standpoint.

I still like it....and will look forward to seeing it in person.

All the interiors in the above comparison are nicely done, except that I don't like the beige BMW interior.

I noticed that again the CTS manual is going to have a foot emergency/parking brake. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, or if it's even an issue.

LOL.....oh trust me....(I have a manual 3.6L Sport)......IT'S AN ISSUE.....

<_<

the stick car should have a handbrake. there is no excuse for this. apparently, someone in detroit felt left out about not being able to give this car a signature detroit cue.

the size comparo to the 5 series is interesting. it makes sense. first off, Americans (especially middle America) doesn't want a small useless car like a 3 series. Secondly, in order to stay in business, Caddy needs to sell in volume. They CAN sell a car this size, Caddy could not give away something the size of a 3 series in enough volume to keep dealer's doors open. Case in point, where my dad would consider a CTS, he would in no way consider a lilliputian device like a 3 series to be suitable transport. Also, the chassis which is shared with the STS and SRX is this size. Going smaller means a new chassis, which could not be shared as much for flexible cadillac production. Lastly, if they want a small Cadillac, they can just sell the BLS here, but would not need to sell it in huge volume. The size of the CTS means a great value proposition, and American brands have always been able to deliver on value. The value of the CTS (same car for less money) puts a 5 series to shame, consequently, if you compare a G35 to the CTS, for the same price you get more car for the money.

I have no problem with GM puting the CTS agenst the STSs traditional competition. THe only thing they need to do now is kill the STS and DTS and bring out a true S-class 7-series fighter with V12 , V8, and 300 bhp V6 engines. this will give Cadillac a real world class lineup.

I am quite surprised by the overall attitude on this thread. Even FOG has his tail slightly between his legs! I will say that I do understand some of the issues that have been brought up but, overall, I love this car. I'm with Ven, I would have NEVER purchased the current-gen CTS based on its interior alone but the new CTS is something else.

While it did lose some of its design edge (and I am a little bummed about it) I believe it looks more luxurious and less boyracer. Instead of being just brash, it's now brash and handsome, masculine but sensitive. It's kind of like a really masculine guy that does some homoerotic modeling (think Channing Tatum). It still has an edge, however, and you will not mistake this car for anything but a Cadillac CTS. I do agree that the stock photos do not do this car justice (even though I have yet to see it in person). The one side profile amateur photo with the car in silver completely changed my opinion on the side design. I truely believe this is more than just a pretty face. This is a damn good car and the best modern car (at the least) to come out of a GM factory. My only issues with the exterior are the G6-like rear doors (the thought of that idea makes me want to throw up) and how it seems rear end design inspiration came from 90's Cadillacs like the one photo that was posted of the Eldorado (I believe).

The interior is downright amazing. The beige is beautiful and luxurious, modern but old world-ly. I'd refer to it as the Kensington Palace of the segment. NOS, your company did a great job. I love the pop-up NAV idea as it allows the design to flow and look cohesive. Most automotive interiors look better with a NAV system and if an interior can look great without one it is a big accomplishment. My only question: what is the black plastic below the center HVAC vents and above the seat heater/cooler controls? Is that a display screen? It interrupts the design, IMO.

Overall, fantastic job, GM!

Edited by sciguy_0504

I think many of you nay sayers, have to wait and see the vehicle in person especially if you were a fan of the first. This vehicle is just as dramatic as the first generation but 5 years after the launch of the first vehicle, the impact will be less because of what the first generation did for the brand.

As a once proud owner of an early CTS, I thought at the time, that vehicle was the first in a long time that Cadillac got right. The vehicle was such a dramatic departure for GM and Cadillac that I had to have one. And as a long time fan of Cadillac, this vehicle to me made Cadillac cool again. I never thought the vehicle was pretty, the interior well executed or the driving dynamics of the early model year up to the best on the market. But the styling was so novel for the time; it was fun to be back at Cadillac and be seen in one. It was exciting to have that vehicle when it came out. No matter where I went, people would ask what it was? Or call over to me when I was stopped at a light to ask about the car.

Well almost 5 years have passed and I have not been excited about much that Cadillac had done since the arrival of the original CTS. That includes the STS, SRX, V-Series, XLR, etc.

That is until now with the 2008 CTS. To me, this again is the best Cadillac since the launch of the original and it not only picks up where the original left off, but shows Cadillac finally figured out the Art and Science DNA for the brand and made it work with the same drama as the original and this time with a touch of elegance that Cadillac needed.

Least we forget, the original CTS was the vehicle to relaunch the division. It did just that and Cadillac has sold about 300k vehicles in that time. The original effect the CTS had on public perception is all but impossible to duplicate because the original was such a dramatic departure from people perceptions of what a Cadillac was.

This new vehicle comes as close as possible to the original CTS without having to relaunch Cadillac with a completely new look. This vehicle to me is as revolutionary as the first but maintains and evolves the Cadillac styling cues. Cadillac matured with this vehicle and the CTS grew up to be a first rate luxury vehicle with substance.

As a first generation owner, this vehicle exceeds my expectation and proves to me Cadillac and GM are on the right track. I just wish I was in the market for a new vehicle because it again would be fun to be seen in a new Cadillac CTS again.

O CTS e bon, mais nao e muito bon.

I'm with sciguy on this one: for me it's 'muito bom'. I love it!

My only issues with the CTS are:

(a) the 2.8L (Europe's base engine) apparently isn't getting DI - I think GM should go all the way and provide two top of the line powertrains instead of only one;

(b) the car has a foot-operated parking brake - I was expecting an electric parking brake with a switch on the centre console;

© no diesel announced for Europe - unless there's any technical constraint, using the VM 3.0L diesel engine would have been a great way to increase the appeal of the CTS in Europe.

@ evok: eloquent post! If I was able to to afford a car in this segment right now (in Portugal the current CTS goes from approx. EUR 60K to approx. EUR 75K ) I'd choose the CTS over the 525i/530i. It's distinctive and shows what GM is able to achieve.

Edited by ZL-1

I was doing some comparison and found the 2008 CTS is almost the same size as the BMW 5 series.

http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/5/525iSedan/techdata.htm

Posted Image

“Dimensionally, the 2008 CTS is 191.6 inches (4766 mm) long, 72.5 inches (1841 mm) wide and 58 inches (1472 mm) in height. Wheelbase is 113.4 inches (2880 mm) with a front/rear track of 61.8 / 62.0 inches (1575 / 1585 mm).”

I assume that the real competition is the BMW 5 not the 3 series.

It appears that GM has made a major shift with the CTS and putting it up against the 5 series. :scratchchin:

Any thoughts?

That's interesting. The new CTS hides its size pretty well. In this pic:

Posted Image

the car looks very trim, almost like it shrunk down to the size of a 3 series. If what your saying is a reality, the STS/DTS have to either get bigger or die.

I'm with evok on this car. Having been around for his lambasting of the STS when it came out, his words carry a ton of weight here. Give it a chance.

first off, Americans (especially middle America) doesn't want a small useless car like a 3 series.

That's an interesting comment for you to make......considering the sheer number of 3-series BMWs that the company DOES sell. I'd hardly call it a "small and useless" car. In fact, it has as much trunk room as my CTS.....and the rear seat is every bit as roomy as my car's......so just how DO you justify your classification of the 3-Series as "small and useless?"

I am quite surprised by the overall attitude on this thread. Even FOG has his tail slightly between his legs! I will say that I do understand some of the issues that have been brought up but, overall, I love this car. I'm with Ven, I would have NEVER purchased the current-gen CTS based on its interior alone but the new CTS is something else.

While it did lose some of its design edge (and I am a little bummed about it) I believe it looks more luxurious and less boyracer. Instead of being just brash, it's now brash and handsome, masculine but sensitive. It's kind of like a really masculine guy that does some homoerotic modeling (think Channing Tatum). It still has an edge, however, and you will not mistake this car for anything but a Cadillac CTS. I do agree that the stock photos do not do this car justice (even though I have yet to see it in person). The one side profile amateur photo with the car in silver completely changed my opinion on the side design. I truely believe this is more than just a pretty face. This is a damn good car and the best modern car (at the least) to come out of a GM factory. My only issues with the exterior are the G6-like rear doors (the thought of that idea makes me want to throw up) and how it seems rear end design inspiration came from 90's Cadillacs like the one photo that was posted of the Eldorado (I believe).

The interior is downright amazing. The beige is beautiful and luxurious, modern but old world-ly. I'd refer to it as the Kensington Palace of the segment. NOS, your company did a great job. I love the pop-up NAV idea as it allows the design to flow and look cohesive. Most automotive interiors look better with a NAV system and if an interior can look great without one it is a big accomplishment. My only question: what is the black plastic below the center HVAC vents and above the seat heater/cooler controls? Is that a display screen? It interrupts the design, IMO.

Overall, fantastic job, GM!

Exactly. The old CTS was edgy and distinctive in the same way having a unibrow is.

My only question: what is the black plastic below the center HVAC vents and above the seat heater/cooler controls? Is that a display screen? It interrupts the design, IMO.

The panel directly under the clock? That is the display for passenger air bag, hazard blinkers, etc.

NOS, your company did a great job. I love the pop-up NAV idea as it allows the design to flow and look cohesive. Most automotive interiors look better with a NAV system and if an interior can look great without one it is a big accomplishment.

Why thank you. :)

My only question: what is the black plastic below the center HVAC vents and above the seat heater/cooler controls? Is that a display screen?

:yes:

I think I am in love with the new CTS... Sweet looks big motor with power, and it will kill the STS! (Why would you buy it anymore?)

The interior is fabulous look at the materials in there! Car and Driver won't even complain, I bet... (GM has the interior thing down better than Toyota, take that Toyota!) This car is going to be a crusher keep a fully loaded one under 45K and I would sprint to my Caddy dealer to get one. (Ahh maybe a DTS Performance Pack first!) The front end is very stylish a chip off the ol' sixteen (not a bad thing!) and the rear end and side profile look down right stunning. If GM can bring out this caliber of products they have nothing to be worried about in the way of car sales. The Malibu, Lucerne, Enclave, Camaro, CTS and Aura prove that too me!

In case anyone needs another opinion. . . I like this new design a lot. Much more that the original, which I though was catchy and break through, but a little to severe and busy. I think this design is much more harmonious. I don't even think its less Art and Science, just different art and science. The first one was trigonometry based physics and Piacso, the new one is organic chemistry with a side of optics and Rembrandt.

For my taste, I'd like to see it softened and rounded a little more, made a coupe and sold as Buick Riviera.

The little silver do-dad on the seats reminds me of my neighbors '59 Sedan De Ville. They are borrowing just the right amount of retro on this machine - the Caddy attitude of old. It looks like the days of coffin like luxury with coffin like excitement are over. The only thing I would do to change it is lose the front fender vent. They are quickly becoming too cliche'. If the upcoming Ford 500 has them, in all its ugly splendor, then save a couple bucks and get them of the CTS, now.

Read this awesome assessment by Autoweek: http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...001/1024/STATIC

Visually, the five-passenger sedan has the stuff to please them all.

This new CTS is a living beauty; if you were to climb behind the wheel of both generation cars, not a single person would choose the older model. It’s that dramatic.

The upper instrument panel and door trim surfaces are hand-cut, sewn and wrapped by craftsmen; this cut-and-sew execution gives CTS a tailored feel. The good news for all Cadillac owners is it is now so well received that it is Cadillac’s future design edict.

On paper, and on the show floor, it looks as competitive as anything available. Now if only the Caddy designers could create a CTS Coupe or Estate version for Europe, they’d truly be able to go toe to toe.

Also, it says the stack can be wood instead of the metallic trim:

An integrated center stack, in satin metallic finish or wood, blends into the lower instrument panel; it sweeps forward and away from front-seat occupants.

That's an interesting comment for you to make......considering the sheer number of 3-series BMWs that the company DOES sell. I'd hardly call it a "small and useless" car. In fact, it has as much trunk room as my CTS.....and the rear seat is every bit as roomy as my car's......so just how DO you justify your classification of the 3-Series as "small and useless?"

so put a 6'2 driver in the front and a six footer in the back. the cts is wider also. more room.

take away the 3 series sales to

a- californians (3 series is basically in california what a civic is in other parts of the country)

b- small mocha sucking women with egos

c- small metrosexual image conscious guys

and generally you won't find many people of average size and above driving 3 series cars.

on the flip side you often see cadillac drivers who are um, ample sized. a much better true cross section of the amurchan population

which again is why cadillac is better off selling a larger car

Edited by regfootball

so put a 6'2 driver in the front and a six footer in the back. the cts is wider also. more room.

take away the 3 series sales to

a- californians (3 series is basically in california what a civic is in other parts of the country)

b- small mocha sucking women with egos

c- small metrosexual image conscious guys

and generally you won't find many people of average size and above driving 3 series cars.

on the flip side you often see cadillac drivers who are um, ample sized. a much better true cross section of the amurchan population

which again is why cadillac is better off selling a larger car

Your comments about the 3 are nothing more than generalizations and are hardly based on factual information about 3-series owners or intenders.

And frankly, seat-track to seat-track.....a 3-series is far more generous in room than a CTS....in the driver's seat. My ex (6'0 but long legs) could get the seat in my 330Ci convertible so far back, he couldn't reach the pedals. In my CTS, his bent knees almost touch the lower dash....WITH the seat all the way back on it's tracks.