Another LaxSoup spy pic

Chris_Doane

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MagnaRide?! That was unexpected.

Riiiight.... are they trying to conquest old-FWD STS buyers? :huh:

I just hope this si the last $35000+ FWD car from GM for a long while.

And lets hope it looks NOTHING like a Lexus!

Oh, I really hope this car isn't $35000, because it will NOT sell with what else you can get for that money.

The grille still looks oval... am I missing something?

I really hope the grille and center stack are improved on all models.

It's oval because the cladding on the car is shaped like that. You can already tell that the grill design will be different just from the new verticle slots. To be honest, I'm not expecting much from this vehicle. The sooner it's replaced with the Epsilon II model, the better.

It's oval because the cladding on the car is shaped like that. You can already tell that the grill design will be different just from the new verticle slots. To be honest, I'm not expecting much from this vehicle. The sooner it's replaced with the Epsilon II model, the better.

Ah, well, I was just kinda hoping to see a shot of the car with a nice Velite-inspired grille, some new headlamps, etc.

I really don't think we need a Super Lacrosse at this point. We already have 3 V8 w-body's and it is not like the Monte Carlos SS and Grand Prix GXP's are flying off the lots. Even though an styling update is much needed, I just can't see this as a huge hit being that the car is so dated at this point.

Edited by REDO1GPGT

the front looks riviera ish... or at least the lights....

the grill kinda looks like an upside down squished buick grill from..... 40's or 50's?

I even get a little Regalish feel out of the headlights as well. It's definitely going to have a more aggressive look.

I don't see why people in here are upset they're giving the LaCrosse this attention. Forgetting about it will not make the new LaCrosse come any faster. The 0-60 time is something too considering GM claims the Impala SS (with the same engine) goes 0-60 in 6.4 seconds while the updated LaCrosse will go 0-60 in less than 6 (according to the article).

The LaCrosse refresh will only remove the image of Grandma-car from Buick while the Enclave stands nearby proving that Buick doesn't just get leftovers anymore as well.

Edited by Cananopie

I even get a little Regalish feel out of the headlights as well. It's definitely going to have a more aggressive look.

I don't see why people in here are upset they're giving the LaCrosse this attention. Forgetting about it will not make the new LaCrosse come any faster. The 0-60 time is something too considering GM claims the Impala SS (with the same engine) goes 0-60 in 6.4 seconds while the updated LaCrosse will go 0-60 in less than 6 (according to the article).

The LaCrosse refresh will only remove the image of Grandma-car from Buick while the Enclave stands nearby proving that Buick doesn't just get leftovers anymore as well.

I'm already imagining the horrible reviews...

I don't know... I'm getting very ticked at reading horrible reviews of Buicks (granted the Enclave has been almost all positive). But we're going back to a car that honestly, was a car for older people to purchase, and we're going to make it sporty by throwing in a bigger engine? I don't buy it. It'll be compared to the ES350, and it'll be laughed at except for hp.

Guest YellowJacket894

It makes me think of a LeSabre with camo on.

That being said, I think this might be a nice car from Buick. I want to see the whole car, however, before any further judgment.

I don't know... I'm getting very ticked at reading horrible reviews of Buicks (granted the Enclave has been almost all positive). But we're going back to a car that honestly, was a car for older people to purchase, and we're going to make it sporty by throwing in a bigger engine? I don't buy it. It'll be compared to the ES350, and it'll be laughed at except for hp.

I'm with you.

There's nothing left for GM to milk out of this platform, or more specifically, this car. Shift the focus toward the next-generation Lacrosse and get it here ASAP. The Impala SS and Grand Prix GXP can satiate buyers who simply must have 300 horses in a FWD car on a dated platform.

Agreed, no more Impala SS FWDs or Lacrosses, and I think the Lucerne should also be RWD too. Lets get back to the real deal!

I'm hoping we see a magical sheetmetal facelift for the car to make it slightly more angular, like the Lucerne. I just keep having hopes that whatever they do to this car will be an improvement... in that regard, I think I won't be let down.

I'm sure we'll see the new GM corporate stereo and HVAC inside... hope for some nice LED gauges as well like the Enclave.

OMG GM JUST KILL THE DAMN W-BODY ALEADY!!

Seriously, are they going to sell enough of these to recoup the costs?

I concur! Though, I don't know how much "cost" there is. I don't understand why it's taking them so long. All the drive train work is done. You can go buy a powertrain mule today at your local Chevy or Pontiac dealer.

I love the Slatestone color, but that's about all I like for this spy shot of the LaCrosse-let's accelerate the 2010 Epsilon II version, huh? And keep the front split-bench/bucket seat choices, but let's make the 2010 look like the Golden age (1998-2000 Buick concepts)+Enclave+2004 Velite concept cars for styling, huh? And make sure it doesn't overlap with Malibu, G6, Aura, or the Cadillac CTS!

Most recent reviews of Buick product have been positive between the high excitement Enclave and the more than favorable reviews of the Lucerne. Many people gave props to the Lucerne who haven't given the same props from Buick in the past. Even the LaCrosse wasn't seen as a poor car, just an unexciting car from Buick. Of course this will bring excitement in to the LaCrosse while it whittles the rest of its time away and then the obvious complaints that it's a W-Body car, only has a 4-speed transmission, doesn't get extensively great gas mileage will still prevail but at least they plan on putting some powerful options behind Buick to distinguish it from the lower brands a little more aside from the Impala SS however allowing it to get a quciker 0-60 time and GM does not usually give Buick the fastest engine so that's a positive that Buick hasn't seen in the past. Not many vehicles can do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds. However it will be a pricey buy for a mediocre vehicle.

However we must remember what happened to Oldsmobile when they tried to change their image overnight abandoning their core audience. The LaCrosse was the beginning of a subtle and smooth transition that Olds did not create.

Edited by Cananopie

I don't really think the LaCrosse transitioned anything; it was just a rehash of the 1990 W-body sedan for round 3.

The major criticisms are actually in the overall packaging of the car (attributable to the poor packaging and space efficiency inherent to the W-body), the cheap and uninspired interior design, the bland exterior design, and a lack of competitive features/equipment (transmission being only one of them). It isn't just a gross simplification that it is a W-body with a 4-speed--it is that it is simply yet another uncompetitive GM product from the past era of mediocrity.

All th e reviews i have seen for the impala SS clock it under 6 seconds to sixty.

CAR AND DRIVER STATS:

ACCELERATION: Seconds

Zero to 30 mph: 2.2

40 mph: 3.1

50 mph: 4.2

60 mph: 5.6

70 mph: 7.3

80 mph: 9.2

90 mph: 11.3

100 mph: 13.9

110 mph: 17.7

120 mph: 22.4