Flybrian

FIRST GLIMPSE! 2009 Chevrolet Traverse

63 posts in this topic

FIRST GLIMPSE! 2009 Chevrolet Traverse
Posted Image
Link to Original Post @ TheHollywoodExtra

This should come out at the Detroit show early next year.
Unless they decide L.A is a better place for in this November.

Just a Chevrolet version of the Saturn Outlook.
So it will look nice. And will have its own interior.

The Chevrolet model will be the cheapest version.

Not an unexpected photo chop, given how fairly clear the lines and details under the camo are. It's still a little rough, but imagine it with Chevy-specific wheels and other tiny clear details, and that is pretty much it.

Now, if a spy photog could just catch an inside glimpse through a window. Probably will soon enough, then we'll see the outside officially.

Oh, and don't you just LOVE the insane comments on the HollywoodExtra? Every time, it's pretty 100% clear that it's the same handful of Accord, Camry, BMW, etc. loyalists who refuse to open their scope to anything else, and ALWAYS use the SAME comments and excuses for anything that goes against that. I've posted once or twice before, but now just read and laugh...

Edited by caddycruiser

i realize that's a crappy chop, and a terrible color, and the front fender flares a little exaggerated.

but it looks kinda hot!

Please tell me the 'chop is inaccurate, because it looks like they didn't do much to make it different from the Outlook/Acadia. A unique interior helps, but it's still going to be seen as blatant rebadging if the bodies are that similar.

boo @ deleting my joke. :admin:

well i thought it was funny. even if some people probably jumped for joy or had heart attacks.

I like it, especially the new rear quarter window...but the front end still looks a lot like teh Outlook...are those the same headlights? Hopefully the real thing will be more differenciated.

Looks like an Outlook but worse, for some reason the Chevy grille isn't working on this vehicle, kind of like how the Olds Aurora/Alero style front looked bad on the Bravada.

GM has just repeated the 4 minivans mistake. Their small to midsize SUV lineup is really weak now, the over weight Vue is really all they have until the update the Equinox.

Those look like Outlook headlights..hopefully the Traverse will get it's own hood, front fenders, and headlights in addition to the fascia.

This is a huge mistake. Chevy shouldn't get a copy of this crossover. They should learn from the Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada/9-7X/Ascender/Rainier nonsense.

Chevy needs to stick with a mini-van.

I appears to be a mix of a Malibu grille, Enclave quarters over the rear wheels and tailgate, and Outlook headlamps.

This is a huge mistake. Chevy shouldn't get a copy of this crossover. They should learn from the Trailblazer/Envoy/Bravada/9-7X/Ascender/Rainier nonsense.

Chevy needs to stick with a mini-van.

IMO that's like saying Chevy shouldn't have a full size truck. If anything, one of the other Lambdas need to go away, not the Chevy.

Looks like someone chopped a Malibu grille on an Outlook front end. Let's wait and see what the real thing looks like.

I'd like it to have a Sequel-inspired front-end: IMHO the higher sales volume this is expected to bring in should be worth the investment.

Edited by ZL-1

They shouldn't have 4 of these...one of them should be taken out of the lineup to avoid overlap. Sadly I think the Outlook is the one to go since it's a slow seller anyway. It makes sense for Chevy to get one since it's the volume brand...but 3 of the 4 crossovers look rather similar.

Edited by Dodgefan

If this thing is gonna look so much like a Saturn Outlook , why bother :confused0071:

They shouldn't have 4 of these...one of them should be taken out of the lineup to avoid overlap. Sadly I think the Outlook is the oen to go since it's a slow seller anyway. It makes sense for Chevy to get one since it's the volume brand...but 3 of the 4 crossovers look rather similar.

Despite being a Saturn enthusiast, I agree that if one needs to go, the Saturn makes the most sense. The Buick is well differentiated, the other 3 aren't. Chevy = volume, and the GMC is the top seller of the current 3. Probably the best arguments for keeping the Saturn are that it doesn't cost that much more to have it, and some buyers would not cross-shop Chevy or other GM brands (see: why GMC makes sense despite being so similar to Chevy models).

With Chevy being the volume GM brand, I'm surprised they didn't get one first, before the other 3.

With Chevy being the volume GM brand, I'm surprised they didn't get one first, before the other 3.

Weren't they originally not going to get one at all?

There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

I wish GM would put the brakes on this or at least put sliding doors on it but..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor