Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The Caprice is back!!

I have a phone number of who has it and general location (BAD AREA OF DETROIT)of where its at from what i can tell its mostly intact changed vin missing dash or black dash and black steering column and wheel. no license plate different wheels.

Lets hope i don't scare them away and i hope to god i can get some police help. I have the Macomb county task force helping me so i think it should be successful but theres always a chance it will get away, But I'm stressing this to a lot of people a car is not worth someones health or life. These are professionals so it could end a small theft ring hopefully we catch them.

Okay, this is where i need your help.

Where are all locations of the VIN on a Caprice? as I will need this to prove it is mine.

The plan to trap them should go in place on Monday or Tuesday i will keep you posted.

I hope this goes through because the cobalt was rather disappointing on the test drive comparison.

Edited by capriceman

I think there may be a VIN stamped onto the Engine Head... My way around my car being stolen and having the vins scraped off, I put my name, phone number and address on a card (business card, and put it into the inside of the driver's side door.

Cap- Good luck-I hope you get the caprice back.

Make sure you kick the little MFs in the nuts for me......

I'm getting tired of cars disappearing around here- someone stole my brother's girlfriend's car while she was working...

Let us know how it goes....

I might have to buy you a beer. :thumbsup:

Good to know you on the right track to catching and getting your Caprice back, capriceman!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Seems like it's been forever that you've been gone" ... Fort Minor ... 'Where'd You Go?'

Good luck with getting the car back. I dont know where all the VIN codes are. Never looked at mine that close. I know the one on the dash. I thought there was one in the trunk somewhere along with the paint codes. Make sure these shiot for brains get thrown in jail for a long time. Bastards!!!!

she can drive.

Im going to need a new driver side rear door.

Tires.

NEW INTERIOR ALL....

the inside is destroyed by my standards its got a gay little ricer steering wheel and column. Im thinking Monte Carlo Swivel bucket seats..

They smoked some pot in it so im going to need like 20 pine trees.

But its back and still drivable so I'm really happy but really hurt at the same time.

Well i guess its safe to tell you guys now but i found it in a weird place. well a co worker found it and brought it to my attention and after harassing the police about it everyday even set up the meting it was recovered.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/636616091.html

You should find it in at least one of these spots:

- On the door frame/door post of the front doors (usually driver's but sometimes passenger's)

- On the dash near the windshield

- On the engine itself (machined pad on front of engine)

- On the car's firewall

- In the left-hand inner wheel arch

- On the steering wheel/steering column

- On the radiator support bracket

I had NO idea it was in so many locations?! I thought it was only on top of the dash by the windshield!

I'm very happy to hear you got it back!

Brazen and stupid.

Heh ... that says it all right there.

Capriceman ... VERY glad you have your Caprice back ... sorry it is a bit worse for the wear :(.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I ain't up to being strong now" ... Wynonna ... 'Is It Over Yet'

I am so glad to hear it is back. They wouldnt fool me though in saying it was a 1986. The 1986 has regular headlights and the climate control-radio is still silver from 1985 not woodgrain like the 1987 and later is. When I see an ad and see these sorts of mistakes it makes me suspicious. When the seller cant even get the year right makes me wonder. I hope they fry these people who stole it.

Well i guess its safe to tell you guys now but i found it in a weird place. well a co worker found it and brought it to my attention and after harassing the police about it everyday even set up the meting it was recovered.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/636616091.html

Re-affirms my "thoughts" on many such Craigslist ads...

Regardless :thumbsup:

Wow.... alls well that ends (mostly) well.

Thieves usually are dumb mo%&$f@*ers!

How is it running? They didnt try to mangle it under the hood or damage something else other than what you described? Hopefully this kind of thing doesnt happen again.

Edited by 2005 EquinoxLS

its drivable and i am driving it right now.

I still am searching junkyards for a couple of parts

Under the hood is fine nothing touched all though the trans fluid feels a tad gritty and maybe a little burnt. Also they managed to destroy a Royal Purple oil change in 1250 miles i got the car back with 1k more on it so they drove the $h! out of it. back tires are really bald.

The only thing i really need is a 87-90 steering column and wheel and i will be fine. horn, brights, cruise, and the front left turn signals dont work but hopefully this weekend i can knock it all out.

Sounds not too bad. Steering columns for these things should be all over the place. I would get new transmission fluid in there fast. My 1985 has had the transmission rebuilt at about 105,000 miles. So they dont last forever. But hopefully you can catch it in time.