capriceman

The Caprice is back!!

53 posts in this topic

I have a phone number of who has it and general location (BAD AREA OF DETROIT)of where its at from what i can tell its mostly intact changed vin missing dash or black dash and black steering column and wheel. no license plate different wheels.

Lets hope i don't scare them away and i hope to god i can get some police help. I have the Macomb county task force helping me so i think it should be successful but theres always a chance it will get away, But I'm stressing this to a lot of people a car is not worth someones health or life. These are professionals so it could end a small theft ring hopefully we catch them.

Okay, this is where i need your help.

Where are all locations of the VIN on a Caprice? as I will need this to prove it is mine.

The plan to trap them should go in place on Monday or Tuesday i will keep you posted.

I hope this goes through because the cobalt was rather disappointing on the test drive comparison.

Edited by capriceman

Probably on the rear, the frame itself, possibly stamped into the sheetmetal of an A pillar etc.

Law enforcement has access to the location of all "hidden" VINs. They will be able to tell.

Good luck catching the bastards!

Best of luck, capriceman. Here's to hoping you're reunited with your namesake.

Promising news, cappy. I hope it turns out to the good.

Good to know there is a bit of hope on the horizon for you, hope she's back in your hand's soon.

I think there may be a VIN stamped onto the Engine Head... My way around my car being stolen and having the vins scraped off, I put my name, phone number and address on a card (business card, and put it into the inside of the driver's side door.

Cap- Good luck-I hope you get the caprice back.

Make sure you kick the little MFs in the nuts for me......

I'm getting tired of cars disappearing around here- someone stole my brother's girlfriend's car while she was working...

Let us know how it goes....

I might have to buy you a beer. :thumbsup:

Yea- the po-po should know where the VINs are... some of the suggestions above sounds really unlikely to me...

Make those bastards unable to have children again!

Hope you're reunited with your baby soon!

Good to know you on the right track to catching and getting your Caprice back, capriceman!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker

WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Seems like it's been forever that you've been gone" ... Fort Minor ... 'Where'd You Go?'

Good luck with getting the car back. I dont know where all the VIN codes are. Never looked at mine that close. I know the one on the dash. I thought there was one in the trunk somewhere along with the paint codes. Make sure these shiot for brains get thrown in jail for a long time. Bastards!!!!

She rests peacefully in the back yard and 2 people are in jail.

Hurray! Congrats man, gla dot hear you got your baby back. I love happy endings :)

How is she?

she can drive.

Im going to need a new driver side rear door.

Tires.

NEW INTERIOR ALL....

the inside is destroyed by my standards its got a gay little ricer steering wheel and column. Im thinking Monte Carlo Swivel bucket seats..

They smoked some pot in it so im going to need like 20 pine trees.

But its back and still drivable so I'm really happy but really hurt at the same time.

:thumbsup:

I hope those A-holes get violated in jail - repeatedly.

Scum.

Good to hear justice prevailed and you have your car back.

Fantastic news! Press maximum charges and make them pay for every single cent of what the car needs to be back to 100 percent!

Fantastic news! Press maximum charges and make them pay for every single cent of what the car needs to be back to 100 percent!

That's right, if they can afford dope they can afford to pay to fix your Caprice.

Well i guess its safe to tell you guys now but i found it in a weird place. well a co worker found it and brought it to my attention and after harassing the police about it everyday even set up the meting it was recovered.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/car/636616091.html

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor