Pontiac G6 MCE

The only change they did was reshaped the front grille to give the squarer look of the G8 and Vibe, then paint the side skirt body-coloured.

Otherwise everything else is the same.

Sorry, but this doesn't work. GM, you showed us how refreshes are done PROPERLY with the 9-3, but you're giving us this? Try again.

They're making it harder to care.

I've been waiting four :censored: years for a new interior and for all the exterior quirks to be fixed.

Just kill the damn car already and make an Invicta coupe/vert to pick up the slack, if there's any slack to pick up.

Lame MCE for a lame car.

Well, mostly, yes... The sedan looks odd and the convertible looks unfinished with the chrome strip not surrounding the entire cockpit with the top down... but the GXP coupe with 6-sp auto and 3.6l v6 isn't really a bad package. If they would just improve the dash and console a little, I think it could be a winner... Right now you could get a loaded GXP coupe for around $25k-$26k. That's a good deal in my opinion.

But then you'd have to live with the G6 knowing you could have spent $6k-$7k more on a loaded Accord or Altima coupe. It has recently come to our attention that normal people could not and should not accept a $7k difference as a justifiable compromise when purchasing a new vehicle. After all, what's $7k difference? That's nothing. Now... if the mileage is off by 1 or 2 mpg THEN that'll break the bank and no normal person should accept the G6 being more expensive to operate than the Accord or Altima coupe.

So… It’s been settled… the G6 is doomed. It doesn’t deserve buyers. All Americans should stop buying the G6 because it’s not best in class. :yes:

Well, mostly, yes... The sedan looks odd and the convertible looks unfinished with the chrome strip not surrounding the entire cockpit with the top down... but the GXP coupe with 6-sp auto and 3.6l v6 isn't really a bad package. If they would just improve the dash and console a little, I think it could be a winner... Right now you could get a loaded GXP coupe for around $25k-$26k. That's a good deal in my opinion.

But then you'd have to live with the G6 knowing you could have spent $6k-$7k more on a loaded Accord or Altima coupe. It has recently come to our attention that normal people could not and should not accept a $7k difference as a justifiable compromise when purchasing a new vehicle. After all, what's $7k difference? That's nothing. Now... if the mileage is off by 1 or 2 mpg THEN that'll break the bank and no normal person should accept the G6 being more expensive to operate than the Accord or Altima coupe.

So… It’s been settled… the G6 is doomed. It doesn’t deserve buyers. All Americans should stop buying the G6 because it’s not best in class. :yes:

Though it may be a good deal for us, how much less did GM spend developing and producing it? I bet it's less than $7k.

Though it may be a good deal for us, how much less did GM spend developing and producing it? I bet it's less than $7k.

more profit for GM... :smilewide:

You know I'm just being sarcastic. ^_^

The only real comment in my post is that the G6 GXP coupe is a decent vehicle. Exterior is attractive and the two-tone leather seats and chrome dash accents don't look bad either. It's probably the only Pontiac vehicle, body style, and trim that I'd recommend... and maybe the G8 :AH-HA_wink:

Will you marry me? I'm sure our respective partners won't mind.

The new fascia is sportier, more interesting than the current car. The lower half of the dash is tan in the picture, I think all G6 dashes are all black now. At least it's something to let you know you have an '09. I like it, as always, and I like this version better.

The interior is only an improvement if the centre stack is replaced.

I'm seriously betting the only changes will see to the interior is the black tie being added and MAYBE the HVAC to match that of the Aura/Malibu. One could only hope for different cloth seats. The current ones (at least the pattern on them) look horrendous.

The new fascia is sportier, more interesting than the current car. The lower half of the dash is tan in the picture, I think all G6 dashes are all black now. At least it's something to let you know you have an '09. I like it, as always, and I like this version better.

The Morocco (orange/black) leather was gone, but not the tan.

I knew I had seen those grilles before:

2004 SEMA G6 GXP concept:

pontiacg6gxpconcept.pontiacg6f34160.img.

2009 G6 "facelift"

medium_2535536899_a5af1291e0_o.jpg

I'll admit that the lower fascia looks to be less boring than the current one. Still, half-baked cars like the G6 are what got Pontiac into its current predicament, with one foot in the grave. This nonsense needs to stop if Pontiac is to have any shot at relevance.

There is one difference I can spot with my eyes, though Z; the grilles on the MCE are wider versus those on the GX/P concept.

I am just throwing this out here at random, but I really despise the G6 headlights. They look so low-tech and cheap. There is way too much silver, it is if they were wrapped in aluminum foil. :yuck:

I have never liked the headlights because they d not fit the design of the car (which itself is flawed anyway, but I digress). The leading edge isn't parallel with the grill at all. I also agree that they look cheap. Smoking them like the SEMA concept and perhaps adding HIDs would help...but as I said, the entire car is a seriously flawed design (Especially the coupe and vert).

I have never liked the headlights because they do not fit the design of the car (which itself is flawed anyway, but I digress). The leading edge isn't parallel with the grill at all. I also agree that they look cheap. Smoking them like the SEMA concept and perhaps adding HIDs would help...but as I said, the entire car is a seriously flawed design (Especially the coupe and vert).

I couldn't agree more.

When we had our G6, I could not honestly pick out any design cue, inside or out, that I liked. It was all badly thought out and executed. It has been said over and over, but the front and rear of the car is much too narrow and the wheelbase is much too long. In addition to that, the DLO-to-bodyside ratio is quite bad, the headlights are uninteresting and appear cheap, the taillights are also uninteresting and appear cheap, the flowing beltline of the sedan lacks a feeling of unity with the rest of the car, the beltline of the coupe is placed at too high of an angle (which makes the rear of the car look like a cat having its ass scratched from certain perspectives) ... I could go on and on.

Honestly, who designs cars like this?

Edited by YellowJacket894

I'll admit that the lower fascia looks to be less boring than the current one. Still, half-baked cars like the G6 are what got Pontiac into its current predicament, with one foot in the grave. This nonsense needs to stop if Pontiac is to have any shot at relevance.

Well, the G6 WAS the better car when NA Epsilon first hit. Look at the previous gen Malibu. If anything was more half-baked, that Malibu was.

They just had to keep it up to date, and this isn't the way.

Over at a G6 forum where Walt posts, a lot of the members do one simple trick to make their cars look wicked: they drop 'em about an inch with Eibachs. The only thing that bothers me about the coupe is the ride height. An '09 GT coupe 3.5L/six speed with the factory 18s (a handsome wheel), Eibachs, tinted headlights and one of the new '09 colors would be cool. I really want to see the Silver Moss color. My first car was a green Pontiac, maybe it's time to complete the circle.

Today I saw a last-gen Sunfire, and it instantly reminded me of this '09 G6 at the lower front bumper. Trapezoidal center lower grille, with outboard lower grilles housing the foglamps.

• 2 weeks later...

An interior update would help...overall, I like the design of the regular G6, esp. the coupe....if the rear bumper could be recontoured on the sedan to look less thick, and some new tailights...

The 3 things they did to the coupe that I never liked were the silly bugs bunny front grille, massive oversized rear wing on the GXP and elimination of the door molding which makes the car look bloated and plain, much like an Asian car. This is a stupid so called clean styling direction todays clueless designers are taking but to just eliminate them on an existing car is ludicrous. At least give us the option to delete the dumb rear spoiler and add the door molding if we want it. Also why can't the center stack be redesigned like the Malibus and more interior colors offered?

I got to help unload two G6 GXP's I liked at work but I don't think they get very good milage.

They also had great leg room in the front.

They both weigh in 2350 pounds

Brakes were 4 wheel disc with air assist.

Carbon Fiber trimned interior and body.

A functional rear wing.

Functional hood scoope.

5 speed manual tranny.

Shifter is very smooth.

Manual rack and pionion steering.

Full guages but no Speedo. It dose have a very large easy to read tach.

No airbags but more safety systems than the present car.

Will pass the Auto insurance offset test with flying colors.

Two way radio.

Video cameras inside and out.

A very sticky set of Goodyear Eagles.

No warranty.

500 cubic inch and around 3,000 HP or at least what some guess.

Top speed 211 MPH.

1/4 mile in 6.553.

We has both Greg Andersons and Jason Lines Prostock cars at work over the weekend. I was hanging out in the rig while we got a rain and got to help unload both cars and set them up for display.

I work for a racing company but have never really been a Drag Race fan. But I was very impressed with the new Carbon Fiber race cars as they have helped move Prostock a little more into the present.

To steal a line form Pontiac this is the first G6 [i would own].

Now if GM could see there way to making a Alpha G6 with RWD they might get my attention but untill then I have as much interest in this car as the last Sunfire or Aztec.... None.

I will make it easy for them as I do not need a stinking V8 if they can keep the weght down. The 300 HP Turbo Eco would be fine if they can bring the car in around 3100 pounds.

Edited by hyperv6