Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vonVeezelsnider

The Official MPG Thread

233 posts in this topic

Let's give this a try... If you have any idea what your car is getting fuel mileage wise, post it here!

I'll start it off

On the last tank of gas-

G5- 30.5MPG

IMPALA- 25MPG

MAXX- 24MPG

Suburban: 18.1

Last full tank in the Fusion was 29.5, guess avoiding traffic really helped things a little. Jill has been trying to get the Prius over 50, I have no idea if she's succeeding or not.

Last full tank in the Fusion was 29.5, guess avoiding traffic really helped things a little. Jill has been trying to get the Prius over 50, I have no idea if she's succeeding or not.

It's been 4 years... we've tried endless times. I don't think it can be done.

I'm getting 25 in the Century, combined miles (although mainly highway).

I had been getting 45-46 with me driving it a bit, so taking my lead foot out of the equation might get it close.

Grand Cherokee 4.0L-- 18.2mpg average.

I had been getting 45-46 with me driving it a bit, so taking my lead foot out of the equation might get it close.

Thing is, several Prius forums advocated having a lead foot--accelerating hard to get up to speed, and coasting as much as you can. Highest we got was close to 49mpg... and it was so distracting watching the damn monitor, I felt like I was going to get into an accident just paying attention to my fuel economy.

CTS 6-speed......16.8mpg.....255 miles on tank.

A4 2.0T Quattro 6-speed......22.5......335 miles on tank.

However, here in Las Vegas, because I live so close to work, that's probably 90% in-town, stoplight-to-stoplight driving.

'05 Cobalt LS (2.2L) with the automagic

Last tank: 27.8MPG purely stop-n-go

~300miles a tank

* on this particular tank I ran a bottle of injector cleaner

06 Honda CRV AWD...last tank...15MPG!

Avg (1 month of use): 19 MPG

Not good.

335 on a tank holds 16.4 (i pumped 15.5 back in) in the colorado woo! so 21.6mpg ooorah! (i only live 15 miles hwy from where i work though)

Cobalt -25.3 MPG Mosty city...also due for a fuel filter....

Cav(hers) 29.7MPG.....also mosty city....

Cav(mine) 21.9 MPG Not driven much lately, and that hurt a little...

500 - about 22.5 mpg in recent few tanks

aztek, always around 20.0

my 08 focus loaner i had last week which i drove the tar out of netted abut 25 mpg so going small didnt seem that beneficial. however, the trip computer average said 30.0 maybe that was true for all users.

06 Honda CRV AWD...last tank...15MPG!

Avg (1 month of use): 19 MPG

Not good.

15? We're you trying to get poor mileage?

The GTO gets 14MPG driving like a bat out of a hell. Last tank I went a little easier on it and it got 15.2, all in city except for a mile or two on the highway.

Im still crunching the numbers, and adjusting my driving style (read: trying to make my foot unleaded).

On a recent trip to Niagara Falls for Canada Day, I had a combined 23 MPG, but it was skewed due to heavy traffic comming back (half an hour of 2 KPH :censored: ).

Currently, the Achieva is getting around 22.5 MPG (80% city).

Im on a second bootle of Penzoil Fuel System cleaner, and the 3100 is getting silky smooth. :thumbsup:

Im still crunching the numbers, and adjusting my driving style (read: trying to make my foot unleaded).

On a recent trip to Niagara Falls for Canada Day, I had a combined 23 MPG, but it was skewed due to heavy traffic comming back (half an hour of 2 KPH :censored: ).

Im on a second bootle of Penzoil Fuel System cleaner, and the 3100 is getting silky smooth. :thumbsup:

Anything you recommend I add for a hard shift out of first gear?

Anything you recommend I add for a hard shift out of first gear?

Im not sure. :huh:

I've been getting ~29 mpg on my 2001 Saab 9-5 Aero 5-sp. The warmer weather AC usage has cut it down from the low 30s I was getting on my highway commute in late May.

How well does that Penzoil stuff work Ted?

about 36mpg, zippy driving, city & highway mix, '99 Saturn SC2 manual trans.

Last two tanks have both been 29.x mpg. One of the tanks includes 60 miles of highway. Figure about 80% city / 20% hwy for that tank. Otherwise most driving is 95-100% city, and my 3 year average is 25mpg. I have only recently (last 2 months) started driving without a lead foot, and I still have to catch myself often. I know this car can do 30+mpg in the city easily, I just have to be less aggressive. It's hard to do though, because everytime I flog it I get this giant grin on my face. :lol:

'99 Acura Integra coupe 5MT

I retract what I said about the Prius before. I haven't driven it in a year. Today, my car's muffler decided to go, so I took the Prius to class while mine was in the shop. I started the trip with 37.4 average mpg, and drove 10 minutes highway to and from class. When I was done, I was down to 36.6 average mpg. I almost want to say, why bother?

Maybe because I was driving it like my car--feathering the gas. I only hit the gas moderately once to merge. Still can't tolerate CVTs... they freak me out--I just keep waiting for a shift and get very uneasy when it doesn't.

Im not sure. :huh:

Do you have a hard shift out of first too? Since the car is 2 years old, the shift out of first into second is harsh. I had this problem with my friend's 87 (I think) Celebrity. I used to trick the tranny by easing up on the gas just as it was about to shift, and that softened it. When she bought her new Accord in 2002, she kept wondering why the car wouldn't make up its mind when to shift and I said, "Are you easing up on the gas right before it shifts?" Problem solved there. :AH-HA_wink:

I have to say, I miss the 3300! The engine, in my opinion, was just so much smoother when accelerating and was much smoother at 75.

Thing is, several Prius forums advocated having a lead foot--accelerating hard to get up to speed, and coasting as much as you can.

They probably dont recommend accelerating to 90 in the length of an on-ramp then holding that speed for any length of time.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0