Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vonVeezelsnider

2010 Pontiac G6 MCE Spotted W/O Camo

96 posts in this topic

http://www.leftlanenews.com/pontiac-g6-con...ble-future.html

Our spy photographers have already managed to snap images of the updated Pontiac G6 sedan, but today they were able to catch the new face of the G6 convertible — completely undisguised! Pontiac’s G6 has proven to be a strong seller for GM, so the refresh should ensure continued success for the next few years.

The freshening includes a new front fascia and air-intakes, as well as a slightly tweaked rear. The interior appears to be unchanged. Although this is already August, the car pictured is actually a 2010 facelift. Pontiac has already released information on the 2009 G6 and the changes don’t include any styling modifications. The biggest change for 2009 models arriving in showrooms soon will be the six-speed automatic/four cylinder combination already seen in the 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ Spring Edition.

Discuss... :confused0071:

Not bad, imo. I was hoping for these changes for '09, but maybe '09 will be a short model year. Here's hoping some further powertrain changes are coming, as well as the styling improvements. How about a 4 cylinder coupe... 2.4L/manual trans base... 2.0L turbo/manual and auto optional?

So, this is a 2010 model, and the 2009 isn't even out?

Meh, I prefer the dual lower openings.

as well as a slightly tweaked rear

:scratchchin: Looks the same to me?

GM really neads to start doing more for their refreshes. I mean, if we can barely tell the difference the general public certainly will not be able to.

wow... new front bumper and that's it (as fas as noticeable changes go)?

Perhaps the sedan will get a rear end closer to the coupe/convertible. That is the really stale model.

it is a dual exhaust .... the pic of the GT vert on pontiac.com is single exhaust.... but it's also an 08 model pic.

Perhaps the sedan will get a rear end closer to the coupe/convertible. That is the really stale model.

http://www.leftlanenews.com/pontiac-g6-sedan-future.html

Don't count on it.

I see they didn't do anything about the headlights, which if they made more ALA G8 would really jazz up the front end... and not even a Blacktie Stereo inside (WTF!)

Well atleast our 2007 won't look old yet lol! This is among the most pathetic news out of GM in a long time, this isn't even a MCE its just a new bumper. Wheres the updated interior , etc?

wow.... this looks even MORE like the last gen. Camry & Solara. :(

How sad, six years ago we had the Grand Am which had excellent

brand recognition, good return buyers & a very unique look, it

was not stellar, and the pre-Lutz SE "ribs" were tacky but no more

so than the Mitsu Erclipse that the press just looooved despite its

ugly rear end & "Chinese Audi TT" profile & nose...

The Grand Am was a PONTAC, sure it was still FWD and my biggest

gripe was the GT & manual trans. being mutually EXCLUSIVE!? :angry:

But it was a god selling car that had a BIG following...

so of course GM has to F*** up a good thing as usual.

I bet there was a million people (potential customers)

in '04 who walked out of a Pontiac showroom & over to

{insert non-GM manufacturer here} scratching their

heads saying "no more Grand Am...?"

+1

Part of me says: "Well, the coupe and convertible still look good and this just adds a little more aggression to the designs. Which is a good thing"

Part of me says: "Wow... That's the best they could do? It looks and acts more and more like a Solara everyday."

http://www.leftlanenews.com/pontiac-g6-sedan-future.html

Don't count on it.

I see they didn't do anything about the headlights, which if they made more ALA G8 would really jazz up the front end... and not even a Blacktie Stereo inside (WTF!)

Oh boy...... does near-zero investment in upgrading this thing mean that 'Find Excitement @ Avis' will be Pontiac's new slogan going forward?

Oh boy...... does near-zero investment in upgrading this thing mean that 'Find Excitement @ Avis' will be Pontiac's new slogan going forward?

The G6 must be taking the Grand Prix's place as rental queen. I suppose the budget for Pontiac updates is 1/100th that of Chevy or Saturn, so this reflects that...

Edited by moltar

The G6 must be taking the Grand Prix's place as rental queen.

Could be. That way the Malibu doesn't need to be fleeted as heavily and GM still keeps fleet business.

Not an improvement, and they didn't even work on the crappy interior.

Agreed... I thought the exterior of the coupe/convertible looked fine... It's the interior that needed help.

The only issue I wish they would have addressed on the convertible was to extend the chrome trim all the way around the passenger compartment when the top was retracted. They didn't... :thumbsdown:

Not an improvement, and they didn't even work on the crappy interior.

This may have just been an '08 with the '10 front end put on there......he may have been testing the new front-end for airflow and that sort of stuff......

Yawn!

I do think the two tone interior is long over do for Pontiac but the wood grain needs to be axed.

I am begining to believe that Pontiac is just on life support till GM Files and kills the line. For a division in critical condition the moves are too slow and too litte.

Once GM files they can axe Pontiac and cust the losses vs doing it now. THe question is will buick and GMC follow or will they still save Buick and team it with Saturn/Opel.

Spent a lot of time in a Malibu this week end and for the money and the quality of the cae the G6 ain't no Malibu. When you can load up a 2LT with a V6 and 18 inch wheels along with the other goodies the G6 sedam pales.

This may have just been an '08 with the '10 front end put on there......he may have been testing the new front-end for airflow and that sort of stuff......

Wouldn't explain the rear changes though... :mellow:

I like it better. But don't they plan on giving us a new G6 in the next few years. It is a strong seller even if you take away fleet sales.

Yawn!

I do think the two tone interior is long over do for Pontiac but the wood grain needs to be axed.

I am begining to believe that Pontiac is just on life support till GM Files and kills the line. For a division in critical condition the moves are too slow and too litte.

Once GM files they can axe Pontiac and cust the losses vs doing it now. THe question is will buick and GMC follow or will they still save Buick and team it with Saturn/Opel.

Spent a lot of time in a Malibu this week end and for the money and the quality of the cae the G6 ain't no Malibu. When you can load up a 2LT with a V6 and 18 inch wheels along with the other goodies the G6 sedam pales.

sadly, pontiac has nothing to offer than couldn't easily be moved to another brand. pathetic really when you think of it.

I don't want to lose the Pontiac name, I couldn't care less if they have one model, as long as it was an amazing car.

Oh yeah, that front end is fugly!

Edited by Cremazie

WTF, 6 years in and this is all they did to it? I have to believe it will get a new center console and they just haven't put it on this particular pre-pro version

The front fascia/grill looks like something that belongs on a $16K economy car.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0