AH-HA

Good-bye

69 posts in this topic

AH-HA    2

Hey gang,

I just want to say good-bye. What's it been 5, 6 maybe 7 years now that I've been known as AH-HA. Not a bad run for keeping an identity a secret. Well, those days are over. My name is Joe Langley and I'm an analyst with CSM Worldwide. Before that I had my own automotive information and research consulting practice and before that I worked for Standard & Poor's DRI as an auto analyst.

I've had a lot fun over the years sharing my enthusiasm for this indsutry and cars in general. I've also been fortunate enough to exchange messages with a lot of great people over the years. I'm going to miss sharing in the conversations and I'm sorry see what has happened over the past few months here.

With that, I say good-bye and it's been great.

Joe :AH-HA_wink:

Camino LS6    866

I imagine walking the thin line has gotten old once or twice. :AH-HA_wink:

Had to use "your" wink in this post.

Onward and upward, goodbye and good luck.

-Camino

Nick    31

Sorry to see you go Joe (once again... :P ). You offered a wealth of information and I felt you were a pretyt major contributor to the C&G community (quality over quantity :AH-HA_wink: ).

Take it easy and good luck in the future.

-Nick

z28luvr01    170

Lots of luck to you Joe. Your contributions to C&G will never be forgotten.

Oh, and if Chevy ever decides to produce the Kappa Nomad, stay away from it....please :AH-HA_wink:

Guest YellowJacket894   
Guest YellowJacket894

Wow. Well, goodbye and good luck to you in the future, Joe. 8)

But -- and I apologize for maybe being so slow -- what exactly has gone on in the past few months to cause a departure? (I have an idea, but I want to be sure. :AH-HA_wink:)

Edited by YellowJacket894

VenSeattle    8

Take care of yourself. The past several years have been great. Thanks for all the insight and I'll continue to keep an eye out for your quotes and articles in official publications. :AH-HA_wink:

NOS2006    11

First, what does AH-HA stand for? I've always been in question of that.

Second, I remember being a "newer" member here and ALWAYS looking for your posts because you were the "go-to man" for all information, and, for that, I thank you.

I'll never forget your "40th Anniversary Party" thread on the Camaro from years ago, which was the first word on anything Camaro, and since then you've both been proven right and many conversations have developed because of your sayings.

So, thank you for being a part of this site. I wish you the greatest in whatever you pursue.

:5thgen:

:cheers:

daves87rs    330

Best wishes to you, and please take care of yourself.

I've learned a lot from you, my friend....

Just don't forget to take it easy... :AH-HA_wink:

wildcat    0

C&G will be less than it was <_< because of your leaving. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm about cars with all of us. I can understand you not posting here anymore, but why was it necessary to give up your own website? Now where will I get any glimmer of hope about Buick's future? :unsure:

bobo    91

This is like the unmasking of "Deep Throat." That was a great run, and this site was immeasurably enriched by your contributions. Thanks for having been a part of this community.

A few years ago, I think it was Hogans_Heroes who posted this as a tease: --s--- -a-g---, "---- ---i-o-".

ehaase    18

I have been AH-HA's (and Evok's) biggest fan since I first encountered him on The Car Connection boards about 5 or 6 years ago. (However, I have known who he was for quite some time, as he left hints here twice.)

Somehow, as the end of GM and Ford as we know them seems more inevitable each day, his departure now seems appropriate.

However, I will look forward to seeing him quoted from time to time in The Detroit News and Automotive News.

ocnblu    733
This is a loss to the board. Best of luck to you, sir, and thanks for all the interesting information.

Flybrian    0

You're a good man, Joe Langley.

I know the last few months haven't been the most ideal, but I do want to extend my thanks and gratitude for all you've done and shared with us. I'm sure your enthusiasm and passion has inspired quite a few others.

Best of luck in everything in the future!

P.S. To date, no other forum member has a smilie named after them. Henceforth, this is the AH-HA Memorial Wink. :AH-HA_wink:

AH-HA-I will miss you and your coverage and humor, and those winks. Its sad to see you leave on bad terms-I don't know what happened, its not my concern, so I've stayed out of it. Hope to see you again!

Cory Wolfe    263

This is unexpected... Well, sorry to see you leave. Good luck. Just know that... I'll always remember your nice comments about Pontiac. Oh... and that other thing you did. What was it? Um... Selling condoms? No? Ah... it was providing insider information. That's it! :D

I too am sorry to see you go. I always enjoyed reading what you had to say.

Since I've been away a bit, could somone fill me in as to the potential cause of this leaving? (That'll teach me to be away from the forum for so long!)

Camino LS6    866

Apparently, the complications of maintaining the AH-HA identity demanded the change as his own site has been taken down. AFAIK, this is not a direct result of his experiences here on C&G.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.