Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Good-bye

AH-HA

Hey gang,

I just want to say good-bye. What's it been 5, 6 maybe 7 years now that I've been known as AH-HA. Not a bad run for keeping an identity a secret. Well, those days are over. My name is Joe Langley and I'm an analyst with CSM Worldwide. Before that I had my own automotive information and research consulting practice and before that I worked for Standard & Poor's DRI as an auto analyst.

I've had a lot fun over the years sharing my enthusiasm for this indsutry and cars in general. I've also been fortunate enough to exchange messages with a lot of great people over the years. I'm going to miss sharing in the conversations and I'm sorry see what has happened over the past few months here.

With that, I say good-bye and it's been great.

Joe :AH-HA_wink:

Sorry to see you go Joe (once again... :P ). You offered a wealth of information and I felt you were a pretyt major contributor to the C&G community (quality over quantity :AH-HA_wink: ).

Take it easy and good luck in the future.

-Nick

Lots of luck to you Joe. Your contributions to C&G will never be forgotten.

Oh, and if Chevy ever decides to produce the Kappa Nomad, stay away from it....please :AH-HA_wink:

Guest YellowJacket894

Wow. Well, goodbye and good luck to you in the future, Joe. 8)

But -- and I apologize for maybe being so slow -- what exactly has gone on in the past few months to cause a departure? (I have an idea, but I want to be sure. :AH-HA_wink:)

Edited by YellowJacket894

First, what does AH-HA stand for? I've always been in question of that.

Second, I remember being a "newer" member here and ALWAYS looking for your posts because you were the "go-to man" for all information, and, for that, I thank you.

I'll never forget your "40th Anniversary Party" thread on the Camaro from years ago, which was the first word on anything Camaro, and since then you've both been proven right and many conversations have developed because of your sayings.

So, thank you for being a part of this site. I wish you the greatest in whatever you pursue.

:5thgen:

:cheers:

C&G will be less than it was <_< because of your leaving. Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm about cars with all of us. I can understand you not posting here anymore, but why was it necessary to give up your own website? Now where will I get any glimmer of hope about Buick's future? :unsure:

This is like the unmasking of "Deep Throat." That was a great run, and this site was immeasurably enriched by your contributions. Thanks for having been a part of this community.

A few years ago, I think it was Hogans_Heroes who posted this as a tease: --s--- -a-g---, "---- ---i-o-".

I have been AH-HA's (and Evok's) biggest fan since I first encountered him on The Car Connection boards about 5 or 6 years ago. (However, I have known who he was for quite some time, as he left hints here twice.)

Somehow, as the end of GM and Ford as we know them seems more inevitable each day, his departure now seems appropriate.

However, I will look forward to seeing him quoted from time to time in The Detroit News and Automotive News.

You're a good man, Joe Langley.

I know the last few months haven't been the most ideal, but I do want to extend my thanks and gratitude for all you've done and shared with us. I'm sure your enthusiasm and passion has inspired quite a few others.

Best of luck in everything in the future!

P.S. To date, no other forum member has a smilie named after them. Henceforth, this is the AH-HA Memorial Wink. :AH-HA_wink:

AH-HA-I will miss you and your coverage and humor, and those winks. Its sad to see you leave on bad terms-I don't know what happened, its not my concern, so I've stayed out of it. Hope to see you again!

Good Luck and know that you will be missed.

Apparently, the complications of maintaining the AH-HA identity demanded the change as his own site has been taken down. AFAIK, this is not a direct result of his experiences here on C&G.

I would not count out the problems here entirely. Some people just do not know how to swallow their pride. You guys know who you are.

That is all I’m saying.

I would not count out the problems here entirely.  Some people just do not know how to swallow their pride.  You guys know who you are.

That is all I’m saying.

Bingo. Too many egos... Edited by Croc

teh ricer civic (formerly known as Open Minded) needs to get in here...He knows why :P

j/p

AH-HA, I love the wink smiley dedicated to you, and it will be the only smiley that I will regularly use that will make me have to go into the advanced options of posting (rather than just doing a quick reply) because I don't have the code memorized...

:AH-HA_wink:

Wait, nevermind...now that I look at it again, it's not so hard to memorize, but you get the point.

Well seeya later man. Good luck.

You can always come back and post in the lounge where know one cares :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by capriceman

:cheers: To AH-HA, one of the greatest, most informed messageboard members I have had the pleasure of encountering. I remember back to the Car Connection boards, how I would look for any info posted by you.

When C&G upgraded, we lost the trademark winky. I dug it up and named it the AH-HA_wink in your honor.

Good luck with everything, and I hope you will drop by again. :AH-HA_wink:

WOW.

And thus ends a legend and an era, just like that...

I'm not really sure what to say... I still remember excitedly reading AH-HA's posts back at The Car Connection 6 years ago, back when things were, well, good.. Which is a stark departure from where they are now.

It's too bad things have gotten so bad and it sucks that some of us are so hellbent on our mindsets (me included) that we sometimes take things too seriously here.

You will be missed and the place will never be the same.

Thanks for everything.

AH-HA/Joe:

I've been postig a lot less than usual myself recently but I hope my discontent for the Cadillac BLS in that one thread and the resultig bickering is not the cause of this....

I hope you at least stop in and say Hi on occasion. In the tradition of St.Patricks day may the Wind be always at your back and sun shine upon your face... or whatever that saying is. :AH-HA_wink:

ehaase:

Oh, right.... thanks for the clarification, either way AH-HA will be missed.

Thank you for the exclusive information that, like Turbie said, us little guys appreciate and would have had a hard time getting if it were not for you. Good luck in the future and make sure to stop back every now and then!

I'll really miss your website and posts here...best of luck to you.

So AH-HA, who everyone wants to hear from, is leaving...yet Buickman, who keeps promising to leave, is still here.  Something very wrong with this picture...  :stupid:

You see on one his presence on here brought him unwanted attention and on the other any attention he gets is, in his mind, good.

You see on one his presence on here brought him unwanted attention and on the other any attention he gets is, in his mind, good.

Probably best not to speak for him since...well...you aren't him.

(No reply to this post is needed, just something to think about.)

Edited by CD/BP