Real life Acadia Pics

Ur_pimp

This bad boy was instantly noticed from the main road about 400 feet away! It looked amazing, maybe because it was overcast today, but it really is nice in real life biggrin.gif It was parked at our local GM plant in Marion IN, with alot of other new GM products (GMT 900's), Cadillacs.. etc all with Michigan license plates..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is that the Carbon or the Navy Blue? I like the Carbon, but I can't understand why the Lambdas don't even offer Black, and I really wish GM used a different blue, like the new Imperial/Midnight or the Arrival/Electric Blue (see G6). Looks like it has a big presence on the road though-the Outlook XE I saw last week was easily the best modern GM product I've ever seen, surpassing even the Aura and the Sky.

The tailights were actuall very distinctive, and match well with the overall look of the rest of the car :] especialy in these 2 pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was also shocked at the fact that a 'true black' was not offered when I originally ordered Acadia's for stock. However, the new carbon metallic color is pretty much metallic black paint, rather than flat black. I talked to my GM rep to figure this out. It is similar to what Toyota does to some of their 'black' paint colors, they make them metallic.

This bad boy was instantly noticed from the main road about 400 feet away! It looked amazing, maybe because it was overcast today, but it really is nice in real life biggrin.gif It was parked at our local GM plant in Marion IN, with alot of other new GM products (GMT 900's), Cadillacs.. etc all with Michigan license plates..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So if parked at a GM plant, then what is that ugly Dodge pickup doing in the background? If I worked at John Deere I would not go home and mow my lawn with a Toro.

I swear some of you are as bad as some of those auto rags. Looking for anything negative to say about the product even when GM gets about 90% right and produces something that almost everyone is saying is class leading. Some here even call it expensive.......hello what does the competition cost? Any way I realize these are not professional pictures but still the crossover looks very clean and muscular with very little wheel gap. They should sell tons of these.

Hmmm... I see some design cues shared between this and the new Sierra. The little stylized "hood scoop", and the beefy wheel arches. I do not like those taillights, however, they look Pep Boys to me. Overall, I have to say I prefer the "eagle" face and traditional taillights of the Outlook.

These Lambdas are fantastic vehicles from everything I've seen.

Edited by ocnblu

While I do see how the taillights work with the design (Ie. clear portion of light matches with Chrome bar on tailgate), BUT they really take away the class of this vehicle. Inside and out it looks fantastic and worth every penny in terms of quality and design. But the designers really should have re-thought those taillights. Sure I *may* be able to swap them out, but why should I have to pay extra to do so. It really just a personal thing though, as many people here and in the rest of the world either love the tails or will be so non 'car-guy' people to care.

Oh and to the Dodge Ram comment...come on get real. Just because people are collecting a paycheck from somewhere doesn't mean they live their life around it. To each their own!

for every yes there's a no.....i happen to like the taillights. i think they're better done than your average alteezas and not as wearing on the eyes. this design is classy and brutal...it's cool, it'll work for the 30k family set. above that middle price range it would not work.

Hundreds of thousands above the $30k range have had no issue with these taillamps for a decade.

Posted Image

I think that is what I am having the most struggle with. I *had* no issue with them when they were first introduced. I even owned a set for my '97 Eclipse Turbo. But after nearly a decade of seeing them on everything from Lexus to Chevy trucks, to Civics, they are becoming more cheesy and ho-hum than classy and trendy.

Again the overall outer shape and red/white parts DO work with this design, but it could have been acheived just as easily minus the circular pieces in the center of the red.

Hate the tails and the headlights. But, that's no surprise as I rarely find any new vehicles without similar designs these days. I really wish this huge,chrome, and clear trend in design would die already. It doesn't matter what model or brand, this design trend looks like $h! on everything.

GRRR! It is the worst aspect of contemporary vehicle design bar none. The Altezza name be cursed for all time.

not trying to hijack the thread here, but I came across two Outlooks at the local Saturn dealership this weekend. According to the dealer, they are early. Fit and finish look excellent. They had a white 'base' model that was stickering at $28k...there is a leather FWD grey unit that was also on the lot. Very dressed up and well finished. The thing that threw me off on the white one...a powder blue dashboard...and trim along the tops of the doors. Yes, you read that right - powder blue...or a really blue grey. Anyone else see this or am I needing to adjust the color on my eyes?

Overall, I was impressed with the size and the tight panel fit and the basic solidness of the trucks. I did not get in and drive, but I plan to steal one this weekend. I will get photos of the drive this weekend if people are interested.

I'm at a crossroads here (but luckily time is on my side)... my '05 Envoy lease officially expires in August of 2008; with any luck I'll have a pull-ahead program as early as February of 2008. But which one do I go with - Acadia or OUTLOOK? I have recently switched over to Saturn (first with the SKY in April and then the AURA in November), so it would only be natural to think that the OUTLOOK would be the way to go. However, the GMC fan in me does like the Acadia too. The problem so far is that I've seen the OUTLOOK numerous times (2 XR's and 3 XE's to date) but no Acadia's. And to top it off, I have the full brochure for the one that's not on the dealer's lots yet (Acadia), and sparse info on the one that is (OUTLOOK). Like I said, I have time to decide - between 13 and 19 months - but so far I like them both!