Ur_pimp

Real life Acadia Pics

42 posts in this topic

This bad boy was instantly noticed from the main road about 400 feet away! It looked amazing, maybe because it was overcast today, but it really is nice in real life biggrin.gif It was parked at our local GM plant in Marion IN, with alot of other new GM products (GMT 900's), Cadillacs.. etc all with Michigan license plates..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Is that the Carbon or the Navy Blue? I like the Carbon, but I can't understand why the Lambdas don't even offer Black, and I really wish GM used a different blue, like the new Imperial/Midnight or the Arrival/Electric Blue (see G6). Looks like it has a big presence on the road though-the Outlook XE I saw last week was easily the best modern GM product I've ever seen, surpassing even the Aura and the Sky.

Never noticed how cheesy the taillights were before.

231090[/snapback]

+1 I definitely like the Outlook better than this now. I'm undecided as to whether the Enclave or Outlook looks better - they're nicely different. :)

The tailights were actuall very distinctive, and match well with the overall look of the rest of the car :] especialy in these 2 pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

You know sometimes color choice can really screw a good car over, I don't mean that the navy is a bad color, if I were to get an Acadia I would probably go with Navy, I mean like the colors GMC offers, no black??!

Edited by BlkHhr104

I was also shocked at the fact that a 'true black' was not offered when I originally ordered Acadia's for stock. However, the new carbon metallic color is pretty much metallic black paint, rather than flat black. I talked to my GM rep to figure this out. It is similar to what Toyota does to some of their 'black' paint colors, they make them metallic.

Even looks good in white, as that's the only one I've seen. An excellent sign, as white generally looks awful....

Edited by enzl

This bad boy was instantly noticed from the main road about 400 feet away! It looked amazing, maybe because it was overcast today, but it really is nice in real life biggrin.gif It was parked at our local GM plant in Marion IN, with alot of other new GM products (GMT 900's), Cadillacs.. etc all with Michigan license plates..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So if parked at a GM plant, then what is that ugly Dodge pickup doing in the background? If I worked at John Deere I would not go home and mow my lawn with a Toro.

I swear some of you are as bad as some of those auto rags. Looking for anything negative to say about the product even when GM gets about 90% right and produces something that almost everyone is saying is class leading. Some here even call it expensive.......hello what does the competition cost? Any way I realize these are not professional pictures but still the crossover looks very clean and muscular with very little wheel gap. They should sell tons of these.

Hmmm... I see some design cues shared between this and the new Sierra. The little stylized "hood scoop", and the beefy wheel arches. I do not like those taillights, however, they look Pep Boys to me. Overall, I have to say I prefer the "eagle" face and traditional taillights of the Outlook.

These Lambdas are fantastic vehicles from everything I've seen.

Edited by ocnblu

While I do see how the taillights work with the design (Ie. clear portion of light matches with Chrome bar on tailgate), BUT they really take away the class of this vehicle. Inside and out it looks fantastic and worth every penny in terms of quality and design. But the designers really should have re-thought those taillights. Sure I *may* be able to swap them out, but why should I have to pay extra to do so. It really just a personal thing though, as many people here and in the rest of the world either love the tails or will be so non 'car-guy' people to care.

Oh and to the Dodge Ram comment...come on get real. Just because people are collecting a paycheck from somewhere doesn't mean they live their life around it. To each their own!

for every yes there's a no.....i happen to like the taillights. i think they're better done than your average alteezas and not as wearing on the eyes. this design is classy and brutal...it's cool, it'll work for the 30k family set. above that middle price range it would not work.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.