Spied: '10 Buick LaCrosse

Chris_Doane

It looks shorter... I see the Chinese Buick influence though. Their LaCrosse was shorter than ours. That car in those photos has to be between 190-195 inches long. It will be interesting to see the end result.

To quote the past tag lines:

The great American Road again will belong to Buick .

It's Buick.

Any word on width? The current Epsilons are too narrow for upper-midsize duty.

Spy pics look promising. It's very ES350-like, but probably better.

Based on early mules in cut and stretched Vectra bodies, the base EP II looks to be 2" wider and have a 2" longer wheelbase.

I'm not liking that grille, and overall, I think it looks too much like a GS 350.

My that's a high beltline! It already looks better than the current dumpy LaCrosse....can't wait to see more!

I noticed the beltline...my first thought was that it reminds me of a disguised Dodge Avenger.

Thus far, I'm not so sure I like it...

The rear reminds me too much of the bland asian look that EVERYONE is copying now (Think: Maxima) Although that might be part of the camo too.

There is a HUGE gap between the body of the car and the tires which makes this (supposedly tailored) luxury sedan look sloppy and uncoordinated.

Of course, I can't form a real judgement based on these camo-ed pix alone.

The rear reminds me too much of the bland asian look that EVERYONE is copying now (Think: Maxima) Although that might be part of the camo too.

i was thinking that too, at least how the rear glass is inset from the c pillars (longer trunk?)

and the nose is shorter, quite noticable

i think everyone will have high hopes for this as the camo comes off... it should be good, i just want to see more before i say more.

I am guessing it will be similar size and shape to the Malibu, different front and rear. The 08 Malibu looks great on the outside, it will be tough to make a Buick look better than that, and not look like a frumpy geezer mobile like their current lineup appears. I bet they put cloth bench, plastic wheel covers and a pushrod V6 in the base model so they can have a $22,900 MSRP, and sell them to Avis.

I am guessing it will be similar size and shape to the Malibu, different front and rear. The 08 Malibu looks great on the outside, it will be tough to make a Buick look better than that, and not look like a frumpy geezer mobile like their current lineup appears. I bet they put cloth bench, plastic wheel covers and a pushrod V6 in the base model so they can have a $22,900 MSRP, and sell them to Avis.

This car will probably be just as long as the Malibu, if not a few inches shorter. It's sure to be a wider vehicle. One of the main gripes of the current Epsilon platform is that it's narrow. Remember, this car is based on EPII, so it really isn't related to the new Malibu in any way. The next gen Malibu will share this Next Gen LaX's platform, but that's years away. Here's hoping the do away with the bench (and my true dream is no cloth, either), alloy wheels standard, and the HFV6 making 290HP. While I'm at it, PLEASE BUICK, USE GENUINE WOOD IN THIS CAR. Anything less would be a disservice. This car should be a true ES350 competitor, and that means real materials and a $30k starting part (with the product to justify that).

Hmm...quite a heavy design...very Asian. Definitely lacks the voluptuousness of legendary Buicks. We'll see what develops, but as of now, I'm not feeling it. Hopefully the devil's in the details, as they say.

And is it me or do the NG LaCrosse and Aura/Insignia have the same center stack?

There is a HUGE gap between the body of the car and the tires which makes this (supposedly tailored) luxury sedan look sloppy and uncoordinated.

Of course, I can't form a real judgement based on these camo-ed pix alone.

I think it's just the camo. If you look closely there is a quarter window that extends into the rear camo cover. At first when I saw it I thought Prius, but then a closer look at a different angle it was better.

And that gap I think it's just because they're testing a new platform. By far I've only seen the old AMC wagons and the Calibers with that much ride height.

This car will likely be priced between the Malibu & CTS.

Here's my guess for the next Buick Regal.

CX-$22k

CX V-6-$25k

CXL-$25k

CXL V-6 $28k

CXS $31k

Engines?

2.4L 190hp I-4 w/ DI

3.6L 290hp V-6 w/ DI & AFM

Transmissions?

5spd Auto for CX, CXL

6spd Auto for CX V-6, CXL(optional?), CXL V-6, CXS

With this car hitting the sweet spot between $20-40k, I believe it will surpass 200k in sales easily. A coupe & convertible couldn't hurt.

Edited by carman21

This car will likely be priced between the Malibu & CTS.

Here's my guess for the next Buick Regal.

CX-$22k

CX V-6-$25k

CXL-$25k

CXL V-6 $28k

CXS $31k

Engines?

2.4L 190hp I-4 w/ DI

3.6L 290hp V-6 w/ DI & AFM

Transmissions?

5spd Auto for CX, CXL

6spd Auto for CX V-6, CXL(optional?), CXL V-6, CXS

With this car hitting the sweet spot between $20-40k, I believe it will surpass 200k in sales easily. A coupe & convertible couldn't hurt.

No way.

First of all, with the new Malibu starting at around 20 and ending in upper 20's, and with the Aura starting around 23 (I think) and ending in upper 20's, I don't think the premium marque should start at 22k. I'd say it should start at around 25/26k. Secondly, no 4-cylinder engine. Thirdly, if in all these years they didn't dump a 5-speed auto in Buicks, or even the Cadillac DTS, what makes you think they'd start doing that now that cheaper cars, (ie Malibu, G6, and Aura) have a 6-speed available, that they wouldn't make that standard?

I see this possible:

CX/CXL 3.6L at around 250hp

CXS 3.6L DI at around 290hp

Super 3.6L DI or 5.3L V8, 300-320hp (and this is pushing the limits of my mind)

There are some things you can see, though heavily camouflaged. The center stack on the interior is the same as the previous illustration. Wish I could understand what detail is included in the sweeping area from stack to side vent. The rocker panel includes an indented, rectangular shape that looks very much like the Riviera concept's lighted chrome strip. I like the larger sun roof too.