GMTruckGuy74

So the wife has narrowed her choices down...

Which vehicle would you choose?   55 members have voted

1. 1. Need some input before the wife makes her "decision"

• 2008 Saturn VUE XR FWD
    • 2008 Ford Edge Limited FWD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

88 posts in this topic

Please vote on your choice, and then post your rational. So far we have test-driven both vehicles, and the Edge is leading in her eyes. I'm trying to wait it out at least until the Memorial Day Sales begin - though I'm sure the 4th of July Sale will probably be better :P The better deal will most likely win, but who knows??? Thanks :thumbsup:

Vue :thumbsup:

Edge is teh ugly.

I voted for the Saturn, to me the Edge looks old already, and I don't like the grille on the Edge, or most Fords for that matter. I also would rather have AWD.

they will get equal gas mileage, so get the one that's the Ford. it will drive nicer, is larger and more functional, looks a lot better, and will end up being more reliable. JMO.

EDGE

EDGE

EDGE

EDGE

EDGE

EDGE

i like the daewoo vue, but the edge is really in another class up.

get the AWD. !

Edited by regfootball

The Edge's exterior design has all the panache of a refrigerator, and the Vue has it beat in terms of interior appointments as well IMO.

If it were the Edge against something else, I'd be pulling for that; but I think the Saturn would be the better buy.

Not my sort of vehicle whatsoever, so I voted based only upon looks.

The Ford won.

The Old Vue looked like a Saturn to me and had a design that was packing a touch of spice.

The new one, on the other hand, is bland enough to wear a Toyota badge.

I really wanted to vote for the Saturn, but I just couldn't do it.

Perhaps the rest of the package would change my mind, but the Edge wins the beauty contest.

The Vue is smaller and considerably more polished in design and materials, but the Ford has more space, comfort, and actually even potential economy.

It's a draw for me.

I picked Edge for reasons already posted above by others.

On looks alone, Edge.

I picked the Vue. I think it's pretty and it's GM. But, I do like Fords and my mom is drooling over the Edge. So really i think either would be a good buy. Drive them both a lot!! See if you can keep each one for th eweekend, you'd be surprised, I've done it.

Edge

I've driven one (albeit an AWD model) and the road manners were superb. The Edge will give you more interior room and a lot more cargo room. The Vue is significantly smaller than the Edge, yet they weigh almost exactly the same and get the same EPA mileage. With 2 kids, I'd go with the extra cargo room, thats the type of thing that makes looks a moot point. As far as looks go, I think they both look good, the Edge having the edge (ha ha) when painted orange.

I picked the Vue.

I like the Edge too, but the Saturn looks will wear better, and will be better on gas.

I know she does quite a bit of driving, so with 4 buck gas....

Please vote on your choice, and then post your rational. So far we have test-driven both vehicles, and the Edge is leading in her eyes. I'm trying to wait it out at least until the Memorial Day Sales begin - though I'm sure the 4th of July Sale will probably be better :P The better deal will most likely win, but who knows??? Thanks :thumbsup:

Edge. (Although it's a tough choice.......)

Edge seems slightly larger, and should perform about the same in regards to speed and MPG.........

Edge just seems a class higher than the VUE........whereas VUE to me seems like a CR-V/RAV4 competitor.

Edge

I like the looks a whole lot better (unless we are talking Vue RL and then I would have to compare side by side). The Escape is a better competitor to the Vue in terms of size and I personally like our 2008 Escape. I do wish we would have waited for Sync to be available but I have NO complaints about the vehicle at this time.

They're pretty comparable, but I picked the Edge...it's a much more substantial design than the Vue. The Vue's sheet metal is kinda busy and the fender vent is gimmicky. Plus she could get Sync.

Edited by mustang84

VUE. The Edge isn't that great.

plus:

logo_ajac.gif

AJAC Best new SUV / CUV from $35,000 to $60,000: Saturn Vue

Vue XE 2.4 19/26

Vue XE AWD 3.5 15/22 mpg

Vue XR 3.6 16/23

Vue XR AWD 3.6 16/22

Edge 3.5 16/24

Got all the numbers from Edumnds, the gas argument in favor of the Vue doesn't hold....gas.

Thanks for all of the comments and votes so far. Keep them coming!

I really am at a standstill here... while I would love to do business again with my Saturn dealer and drive away in a VUE (and more importantly, stay within GM), I will admit that I like the style (interior and exterior) of the Edge and the more room it offers over the VUE. The wife is really interested in the Edge because of the following options that the VUE doesn't offer: Vista <panoramic> sunroof with the Ford Accessory DVD players/screens in the headrest, SYNC, and the power liftgate. We're undecided at this moment, and ultimately the one we can afford the best will win out (having the GM Supplier Discount is a plus; we don't get anything for Ford from her job <there is a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep discount program though>).

As for AWD, she really doesn't need it though it would be a nice feature to have (she'd rather put the extra money into the dealer accesory dvd player). We had one big snowstorm this winter and I had the Envoy with me - she drove 32 miles home in the FWD AURA and didn't have one problem at all (thanks to her driving on state & federal highways most of the way). It's something that will consume gas needlessly and is off our "must have" list.

Even though we didn't drive it, and she wasn't too impressed with it at the NYIAS, does anyone think that she should be considering the all-new Dodge Journey??? I'd appreciate input on that choice too.

Resale value and dealership experience has me leaning towards the Saturn. Both are nice vehicles, but the Saturn should prove to be the better long term vehicle.

Honestly, if you are already willing to get the gas mileage of the Edge and pay the price of the Vue, you might as well step up and get the Outlook. Nicer rig, more money, almost the same gas mileage.

Edge

I've driven one (albeit an AWD model) and the road manners were superb. The Edge will give you more interior room and a lot more cargo room. The Vue is significantly smaller than the Edge, yet they weigh almost exactly the same and get the same EPA mileage. With 2 kids, I'd go with the extra cargo room, thats the type of thing that makes looks a moot point. As far as looks go, I think they both look good, the Edge having the edge (ha ha) when painted orange.

I am irate that the orange color will not be available on the new FLEX.

Thanks for all of the comments and votes so far. Keep them coming!

I really am at a standstill here... while I would love to do business again with my Saturn dealer and drive away in a VUE (and more importantly, stay within GM), I will admit that I like the style (interior and exterior) of the Edge and the more room it offers over the VUE. The wife is really interested in the Edge because of the following options that the VUE doesn't offer: Vista <panoramic> sunroof with the Ford Accessory DVD players/screens in the headrest, SYNC, and the power liftgate. We're undecided at this moment, and ultimately the one we can afford the best will win out (having the GM Supplier Discount is a plus; we don't get anything for Ford from her job <there is a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep discount program though>).

As for AWD, she really doesn't need it though it would be a nice feature to have (she'd rather put the extra money into the dealer accesory dvd player). We had one big snowstorm this winter and I had the Envoy with me - she drove 32 miles home in the FWD AURA and didn't have one problem at all (thanks to her driving on state & federal highways most of the way). It's something that will consume gas needlessly and is off our "must have" list.

Even though we didn't drive it, and she wasn't too impressed with it at the NYIAS, does anyone think that she should be considering the all-new Dodge Journey??? I'd appreciate input on that choice too.

journey interior is mondo crude, even if functional.

AWD is almost exapcted for resale in a vehicle like this. It's one thing to lease but if you have to sell it in the future, there may be payback to get AWD.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor