What are *you* doing with your $600?

Bush thinks the American public will be going on a spending spree with the extra $600. I'm betting not.

For me, it's going into the "Say goodbye to the U.S." fund......

a bit ironic isn't it?

So, where is yours going?

Bush is an IDIOT......(surprise, right?)

People are going to use the money to pay down credit card bills, or other bills.....I suspect. (EDIT: It's not gonna stimulate the economy one iota....although he'll try to claim it is....<his final "win" as he goes out of office.>)

Mine?

I don't know......my ex fuc*ed me so bad with my credit, it's not worth even trying to pay down his bills with my measly $600......I'll most likely put it in the bank.

Edited by The O.C.

Paying Off some bills. I agree, the Idiot in the white house and his fellow rapers of our country have loaded us with trillions of Debt for his personal war and grossly large build up in his own personal wealth. No other president has created such a large divide between the elite rich and the working middle class.

THis rebate will do nothing to the economy of our country and we still have these morons saying this is a slow down and not a recession. Yea right only about 270 days left or so till the end of a LARGE ERROR!

I purchased a 22" LCD in advance. :AH-HA_wink: Perhaps a set of nice Sennheiser headphones and an 8GB flash drive too.

These were things I wanted and buying them didn't really have anything to do with this insignificant amount of money I am apparently getting from the government. lol

I think for the time being the $1,800 we'll be getting (married + 2 kids) will be going into the savings account. It won't last long - we have a small family trip planned for the first week of November and that money will most likely pay for our airfare tickets.

Paying Off some bills. I agree, the Idiot in the white house and his fellow rapers of our country have loaded us with trillions of Debt for his personal war and grossly large build up in his own personal wealth. No other president has created such a large divide between the elite rich and the working middle class.

THis rebate will do nothing to the economy of our country and we still have these morons saying this is a slow down and not a recession. Yea right only about 270 days left or so till the end of a LARGE ERROR!

Even my republican friends think that he is a complete utter MORON. How we elected this dixie cup for TWO terms is beyond me.

That being said, I'm going to be paying off a few of my sons medical bills.

God I can't wait until Bush is out of office.

Chris

My $600? I haven't decided... it's like a circle with me:

1) Do I put it in the bank to save up for my next car? I already have about $2000 saved just for the car.

2) Do I pay credit cards with it?

3) Do I use it to pay for classes this summer... since I'm going to wipe out my car fund like I do all the time when tuition time rolls around? It's so irritating.

I never know if I should stop taking classes and keep saving for the car, or keep hitting those +15 steps added onto my masters. In the long run, the latter pays off. Immediately, it sure as hell does not.

im still claimed as a dependent... i dont get it :(

me too, but i made over $3000 last year. i got a notice i'll getone

prolly an external harddisk for backups.

the rest... prolly invest it.. anything beats a measly apr of almost 1% in my savings account.

I hate to be the downer cow at this party, but depending on how much you make, you'll receive somewhere between $300 and $600. Just to let you know.

Me? None, I'm still claimed as a dependent. My parents don't even get money for me. If you're 18+ and a dependent, neither you nor the people who claim you get the money you would get. Make sense? It's even confusing to me!

I've just decided. I'm going to eat the $600.

I swear, since last Thursday night when I had to stop eating for the surgery, I have seen some of the most awesome foods on tv, that have just made my mouth water. Right now, I want a roast beef sub, with some mozzarella, gravy, and a side of fries. This morning, I was dying for a thick, juicy steak. I JUST WANT MEAT BACK! :AH-HA_wink:

I swear, since last Thursday night when I had to stop eating for the surgery, I have seen some of the most awesome foods on tv, that have just made my mouth water. Right now, I want a roast beef sub, with some mozzarella, gravy, and a side of fries. This morning, I was dying for a thick, juicy steak. I JUST WANT MEAT BACK! :AH-HA_wink:

Stop it man...you're making me hungry.... :lol:

Cars make ME eat......I'm all excited 'cause I get to go spend the afternoon at yet another car show......I'll probably collect all the brochures (I always end up just throwing them out) then will most likely find some good italian restaurant this evening to sit down, pour over brochures, and stuff myself silly......

LOL

No rebate for me because I exceed the income cap, but I think the U.S. Government should cut out the middlemen and just send the money straight to the oil companies. It's great to have oil men run the country, isn't it? As for economic stimulus, the rebates will do squat.

We're getting $1500. Married+1. The interest free period for my TV purchase from Best Buy runs out in June, so I'm paying off the Best Buy card with it. I wish I could get a new bed with it, but I'm not eating $600 worth of back interest on the TV.

I just worked a Saturday of overtime,and my wife and I are going out tonight. Steakhouse here we come....

Off topic I know, but it does sound good.

Chris

Cars make ME eat......I'm all excited 'cause I get to go spend the afternoon at yet another car show......I'll probably collect all the brochures (I always end up just throwing them out) then will most likely find some good italian restaurant this evening to sit down, pour over brochures, and stuff myself silly......

LOL

Damn, Italian sounds good too.

Too bad there are so FEW good Italian resteraunts here in Columbus. It's a 45 minute drive to one up north or a 45 minute drive to one out east for me.

Jealous that your at another car show...

Chris

Its going straight to the Cottage and home building fund.

HPIM1926.jpg

HPIM1929.jpg

on a acre with 185 feet of lake frontage. about 80% finished. $600 towards trim and furniture. Kim's 600 is going towards Curtains and the Feminine things

whats better is the price 20k down and an 80k loan @5.75 fixed. Good credit is so important in life.

Thanks a lot hopefully i can enjoy it.

Edited by capriceman

Its going straight to the Cottage and home building fund.

HPIM1926.jpg

HPIM1929.jpg

on a acre with 185 feet of lake frontage. about 80% finished. $600 towards trim and furniture. Kim's 600 is going towards Curtains and the Feminine things

Wow! That is cool!

Where is it Cap, if you don't mind me asking....

(I'm guessing somewhere north.... :yes: )

Very cool....Ludington is pretty cool......I haven't been to Big Rapids yet..

Is it starting to build up there yet? I know TC is getting huge......

No not at all its been hit hard very few shops open still the lumber industry is dead so no work up there. seems like everyone works for the freighter company that goes to Wisconsin. TC reminds me way to much of Ann Arbor for some reason, but you can spend days walking through it. With gas prices this summer the charter captains are going to get hit hard with bills and probably low customer turnout. I hope it gets better soon.

Hookers and Beer

True American Badass right here!!

At least it will go to things that are truly American. although it might stimulate something else.

No not at all its been hit hard very few shops open still the lumber industry is dead so no work up there. seems like everyone works for the freighter company that goes to Wisconsin. TC reminds me way to much of Ann Arbor for some reason, but you can spend days walking through it. With gas prices this summer the charter captains are going to get hit hard with bills and probably low customer turnout. I hope it gets better soon.

That sucks...

I wanna go up north this year....I'm guessing they are going to get hit hard this year.... :(