Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigPontiac

Spyshots: 2010 Next-Gen Chevy Cobalt

73 posts in this topic

Proportions look really good, as does most of the body work. The tail lights are a bit odd though. I wanna see the interior.

Big-ass taillights, and the headlights appear similar to the current Focus, with a useless "tail" spritzed up into the fender. I want to see the interior, the coupe, and the Pontiac version. To heck with the blobby Opel/Saturn hatches we've seen.

Big-ass taillights, and the headlights appear similar to the current Focus, with a useless "tail" spritzed up into the fender. I want to see the interior, the coupe, and the Pontiac version. To heck with the blobby Opel/Saturn hatches we've seen.

Actually those headlights remind me of the Accord coupe's.

I don't like the Sebring-esque fake windowline on the C-pillar, but other than that I hope this is a homerun.

I don't like the Sebring-esque fake windowline on the C-pillar, but other than that I hope this is a homerun.

I agree. I hate the practice of slapping black plastic slabs of all shapes and sizes on C-pillars to alter the appearance of the roofline (Guilty parties include the Lincoln MKZ, Hyundai Sonata, Chrysler Sebring, 2009 Mazda6). All automakers need to abolish this ridiculous and cheap looking practice immediately.

Other than that, this looks to be a new and interesting design direction for the Cobalt. The current car is definitely not offensive, but it looked more like a Cavalier update instead of an all new car. A completely new styling direction is definitely overdue. I hope GM nails the details and presents the public with a truly competitive compact sedan and coupe. I would love to see Chevrolet kick some but in this segment.

Great looking proportions.

edit: It's this far along and it's a 2010?!

One of the first global :chevy: . Ford has went and copy GM ,with ONE Ford. There will be alot of people that will eat alot of crow about the turn around of :gm_logo: . :smilewide:

Edited by Toyota.vs.GM

Totally agree... that never works. This still looks a bit GMDAT, but it's not bad.

It seems very low to the ground, I wonder if this is the SS. I also think that the Sebring-esque C pillar could be camo, it looks tacked on, and the C-pillar is always something they try to disguise. I'm pretty sure those taillights are camo, too, especially the silver/gray part on the bottom of them.

The overall feel I get is a mix of Malibu, Mazda3, and S40. Perhaps a tad bit of Traverse in the front, also (headlights, mainly, but they could be camoed up good too. Overall it looks pretty substantial and much, much better than the current 'balt.

Read this past month's C&D article about "The guy who hides cars" - it will give you some insight in to all the things they can do to camo them.

I dunno Northie, that fake C-pillar trim has been on all the recent spyshots that I've seen. Is that C&D article online?

I'll reserve final judgment for a real photo.

One thing is for certain, that pizza-slice shaped black out

panel on the C-pillar looks both cheap and ugly.

the rear lights remind me of the camry. ugh.

looks like it will be nice, but maybe too derivative from the 'bu.

hopefully the parts unseen will actually be very good, if not class leading for the market right now. slightly possible things could change before it comes out.

I agree with Northstar I think that that C pillar its just camo.

Proportions look really good, as does most of the body work. The tail lights are a bit odd though. I wanna see the interior.

Word for word what I was thinking.

It's a shame this isn't coming out sooner. With gas prices as they are, I'm really considering a smaller car.

Agreed, great proportions. Taillights are tough to tell, not as bad as the Malibu though. Absolutely have to see the interior, if it's in the range of the bu, this will do well.

One other thing I don't like is the grille and how it juts up into the hood.

Good point was made earlier about this being a global. It might take GM a while to get all the styling points down on a chassis that is truly global, but the cost savings will be worth it. Hopefully this comes out well though.

Taillights remind of recent VW designs...the rear door lower shape reminds me of the G8 and other recent GM designs...interesting. The greenhouse arc reminds me of the Ion.

Edited by moltar

Nice proportions. Looks to have improved surface proportions and a good ol' prominent Chevy grill.

We'll all agree on the plastic c-pillar doodad...I just hate these, they really cheapen the design. In some cases, it's really needed, but in the car, I still think the greenhouse would have the "flow" designer wanted without the plastic add-on.

The headlights are kind of thoughtless, though, kinda like..."we're out of ideas, let's see if this fits, it's different...right?"

The taillights are different and creative.

The overall design itself, though, while well-proportioned, is rather derivative. It's not really exciting or forward-thinking. I'm liking the creativity that Honda put into its Civic line - the fast windshields, horizontal headlights were against the norm and it works. I'm not saying Chevy or GM should do the same, but now that they've got the execution-part down, they should try and stretch their designs out for a little more groundbreaking creativity.

I dunno Northie, that fake C-pillar trim has been on all the recent spyshots that I've seen. Is that C&D article online?

I doubt it is online, but I can scan it to you if you want to read it.

So perhaps it isn't part of the camo. Damn.

There really should be a law or something against those black c-pillar thingies.

Looking good though.

This is the interior of the european version...

d6016548ddf0d4ce.jpg

Not bad! Pretty neat centre console with that v-shape bright stuff.

Edited by ZL-1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room