AAS

I saw...

67 posts in this topic

Just this sunday, I was at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) when I noticed a couple guys taking pictures (with some pretty high end equipment) outside the Delta Airlines check-in counter. So... my curiosity made me stop and take a look at what they could possibly be shooting. What do I see? A big African American (trying to be PC instead of just saying "black") dude, two women in their 30's-40's, and a younger girl with platinum blonde hair and a big hat. Turns out the girl is Ashlee Simpson with a bodygaurd etc. The only reason I recognized Ashlee is because I had seen her on the Larry King show the night before, and noticed the really blonde hair. It turns out airports are a great place to see famous people, considering I once ran into ex-Dodger manager Tommy Lasorda, got an autograph from O.J. Simpson (back in the late 80's), saw Leonardo DiCapprio (w/ famous gf) getting harassed by the TSA, saw Joane Rivers... So... what famous people have you guys run into?

The closest I've ever come was being 20 feet from Steven Tyler at an Aerosmith concert. Famous people don't normally come by my neck of the woods. AAS, when you have a free moment you may want to take a short trip to Coronado...I remember the tour guide saying that quite a few celebrities have homes there.

Baseball fans might remember Rick Ankiel , a few years ago he was pitching for the Cardinals in the playoffs and threw a bunch of wild pitches. He never really got his control back, and re-started his career as an outfielder. A good part of this season he played for the AA team who stadium is like 10 miles from my house, I've heckled him many times and run into him around town a few times. I've also seen Brad Pitt, he's from here and the local media makes a huge deal anytime he's in town. I just think its a pain in the ass because news vans go wherever he goes, and if that means a movie premier, the theater lot is full and I have to park a mile away to go see whatever crappy movie my gf wants to see.

A few Bruins players.... the bald guy (police chief?) from "NYPD Blue" and David Boreanas come to mind. I'd love to meet some childhood hero of mine or a fascinating character from when I was a kid like David Hasselhof, Mr.T, Arnold Schwartzeneger or (not that it's possible) John Wayne or John Lennon. I love U2 but often hate Bonno's politics (esp. the anti-gun crap) so I'm all set meeting him. How about chillin wiht James Hetdfield? He's into 1st gen. Camaros you know! :)

I drove past Paris Hilton at the Breakers Resort in Palm beach once. When I was working as a clerk in a software store, I rung up Steven King.

I've never really seen any famous people besides rockstars at concerts. I was about 150 feet away from the whole Metallica crew last August and I saw Stephen Pearcy and Bobby Blotzer of Ratt, Don Dokken, Erik Turner and Jerry Dixon of Warrant, Jeff Keith of Tesla and other 80s stars at a summer bash a couple years ago. Other than that, I've never really met any celebrities or anything.

a couple -i used to have lunch with the olsen twins about a year ago, mary kate was my fav she was easier to get along with -theres thats woman who owns 17 mag dont remember her name (its less common for sure) but i met her and shes really nice -lindsay lohan but it was when she was a kid ive met more but i cant reall recall not as personal as these

I've shook Al Gore's hand. Does that count? lol

[post="34251"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sorry to hear that dude... :ph34r: :) http://www.cheersandgears.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/AH-HA_wink.gif Edited by Sixty8panther

I talked to Bob Lutz in person ( I think he is famous to me) I almost got ran over by MI Govener Jhon Engler or what ever at Mackinack Island. Lots of sports players. also kevin Harvick.

I met Robert Stempel when I first got my job at GM. I can't recall if he was GM president then or not. That had to be around 1980. I sat behind Charles Bronson on a flight from Chicago to California about 10 years ago. I also was on the same plane as David Letterman going from New York City to Chicago about 8 years ago.

Lets see here.... Spent the weekend with Tony Stewart one time Have met famous race car drivers: Kasey Kane, JJ Yeley, Sammy Swindell, Gary Scelzi, Mark Martin, Jason Leffler, Brenden Gaughan Have met... meathead Vitel, Ken Norton, Sr. I have shaken hands with The Governator.. he is really short and has very soft hands btw LOL.. I have met more, I just can't think of them right now off the top of my head.

Kid Rock, Kirk Maltby, Uncle Kracker. Those are the ones I've hung with.......recently lol Working at a telecommunications place I can't really say who I've "hung out with or met" but there have been some pretty famous individuals. I've also spoken to Mr. Lutz personally as well as Gary Cowger and have been in the same room as Richard Wagoner. The last three names mentioned are the ones that matter the most to me however.

I was busy the day Bush came to town, if I had more time to prepare, I would have gone out and found a leper, disguised said leper, and had said leper stand in line to shake Bush's hand.

Bill Clinton drove by in his limo when I was at Arlington on either Veteran's Day or Memorial Day years ago... My dad's former Vietnam captain is Barry McCaffrey (who was a four star General during the Gulf War and The Drug Czar during Clinton's 2nd Term). Around the time when he was entitled that title he started some bi-yearly renunions from his troop. Anyway.. on to the point the familys were also invited, the reunions were on a Veteran's or Memorial Day weekend and one of the sites of interest was viewing the Presidential Speech at Arlington so that'd be the 2nd time I saw Clinton and well also met Bary McCaffrey. One thing that was really unique that trip was all the secret service around us all the time.

Jeesh... the good ol' Brookville boulevard. :rolleyes: Let's see... Bam Margera and his posse of Viva La Bammers were in Brookville once. They stayed at the Days Inn. I saw them as Dairy Queen. They were here doing the show for Groundhog's day. Traveled down to Cobblers Knob in Punxsutawney to see Punxsy Phil. Ahh my... lol. *shakes head* Um... a few days ago I saw some guy who used to play for the Oakland Raiders in a bar around here. Tony's Lil Roma, specifically. I forget his name, but he said he went to Penn State and played there. He also said that he either used to or still does own some restaurants in Pittsburgh, I think. Wow... lol. *closes eyes and shakes head* Who else have I seen? Ooh, I saw Alice Cooper with a private couch/tour bus/whatever at McDonald's. That was actually pretty cool, but... ugh, lol. *beats head off of desk* I think 50 cent and his tour bus thingy stopped at the truckstop before... Anyways, Brookville's boulevard seems to be extremely popular with famous people. I've heard so many stories about someone seeing some famous person. I don't know why, either. I've heard from truckers that it's like the midpoint between Chicago and New York... or some other combo of cities. I forget. But yeah... good ol' exit 78 off I80. :P

I touched Matthew Rush's calf in a DC strip club once.

I taught Eric Milligan, the scientist / Dr. in Bones, how to ski when we where kids. We grew up together.

AAS, when you have a free moment you may want to take a short trip to Coronado...I remember the tour guide saying that quite a few celebrities have homes there.

[post="34239"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I've been to Coronado Island a few times, but never spent enough time there to run into anyone special. It's always interesting to just look up and see somebody famous...

Oh, and I was on the same plane once as a woman who was on TLC's What Not to Wear.

[post="34270"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

...and you didn't knock her the f**k out???

I saw Aliens before..... They are preety famous considering Roswell made headlines... so there famous. I sawJoe harington form the good o lions in a pickup truck

I accidentally told Hank Williams Jr. that Family Tradition is only tolerable when its sung by drunk people at karaoke night.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead