pow

Ford @ NAIAS: 2010 Taurus

53 posts in this topic

Found on the TIME magazine website before its debut... looks good:

concept_car_ford.jpg

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages...1870797,00.html

The 2010 Ford Taurus is a sleek, stylish update of a car that has been one of the mainstays of the Ford fleet, and it's turning heads at the show with its expressive lines and improved interior, including a new instrument panel with chrome ringed gauges. The Taurus also delivers more fuel efficiency. No fuel economy numbers are available as yet, though Ford promises that it will be 10% better than the 2009 Taurus.

Besides the Taurus, Ford is also showing off the hybrid Ford Fusion, introduced earlier, and which the company describes as America's most fuel-efficient mid-sized [sedan].

Edited by empowah

Looks like a big improvement from just this side view. I can't label it a total success until all angles of the car are fully revealed.

Oh. My. God.

It's Perfect, I love it :smilewide:. Better looking than the new LaCrosse IMO, I'll be keeping my eyes on this one.

A picture of this car leaked a year or so ago I think. Looks sort of like a big Honda, to steal Northstar's summary.

A picture of this car leaked a year or so ago I think. Looks sort of like a big Honda, to steal Northstar's summary.

It does have an Accord look to it....

I like how the hood looks relatively long and the front overhang is relatively short for a FWD based car.

Reminds me a bit too much of the MKS... But I'm hopeful!

I see lot of Interceptor concept in the rear quarter.

Same here. Spy shots show that the taillights and chrome bar from the Interceptor concept will be included on the production model.

Two more Taurus pics (one very similar to the profile shot above, and a front view)

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...UTO01/901100453

Go here and scroll down to post 2 for a front quarter view, plus more further down

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=29352

Man, I just keep stumbling over more links...all revealed here

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/01/11/detroit...-like-its-1986/

Edited by mustang84

I'm liking the shape.. in the article it says "Ford lowered the roof and raised the car's shoulder line "...the greenhouse and profile remind me of a sleeker Chrysler 300.

Only two things I'd change:

Lose the fender vent

Get rid of the small crease over the fuel door area of the rear

:yes: This (in SHO form) may be my next car... hopefully in 5 years or less.

C'mon GM, let's get that new Impala right. Make the decision hard for the buyers!

Aside from the front end, which I really like, I am not very impressed. The rest of it is either boring (profile) or ugly (rear), and the interior, while it looks nice, gives me a sort of last-gen G35 vibe.

This car is amazing. If I were some Wall Street CEO, I'd happily take one over a 7-series, saving $60K and, in the process, not having to worry about the angry people with pitchforks outside my home.

A true stunner... love it! Now after seeing the 2010 Mustang... everything falls into place, design-wise. This car has Mustang design cues... the upper bodyside crease, the wraparound of the rear end, the diagonal door trim theme... all VERY nice. I am so impressed with this! Great job, Ford! This thing absolutely blows away its old crosstown rivals, the Impala and Charger (although the Dodge still has the advantage of a RWD chassis), and murders its Asian competitors. This is a reawakening for Ford Design... yet it fits perfectly as the best of Ford sedans of the past... Galaxie 500, anyone?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room