Sign in to follow this  
ToniCipriani

Could this mean something as well?

[unrealistic rant]

Just ditch the Ion and bring over the current Astra now for a two year cycle.

Oh and GM, I WANT the 3 door!

[/unrealistic rant]

I'm sure the next gen would be worlds ahead the Ion but I'm a bit worried that the next gen might not have that menacing "look" I find so appealing about the current one.

But anyway, I definatley perfer the Astra name much more than than Ion and definately hope it does make it's way over here.

I'm with you Decka. Please bring the 3-door. I really want a hatchback, but neither the Mazda3 or Golf are quite my cup of tea. Since they sometimes pay attention to this site, perhaps if enough people show interest they will do it.

as long as it doent turn into ford....with all the f names...

I'm hoping that Saturn has decided to name their cars after things associated with the "sky and heavens" so to speak.

The Sky, Aura (as in a 'glow' around a star or planet) The "Saturn" name itself, the Astra (obviously being a derivative of Astro having to do with stars) would fit in. Now to just find a new name for the Vue and Relay. I dont' know where Outlook fits in there, but it's not a terrible name so I'm not too worried.

If GM were serious about Saturn - they would ditch the Ion and bring out the Astra this fall. While their at it, ditch the Relay as well.

Just imagine if Saturn had a completely new lineup all at once. The Astra could then be replaced in 2 to 3 years when Europe's gets updated. Just imagine:

Sky

Astra

Aura

Outlook

Oh - to be a Saturn dealership. They wouldn't need incentives. In fact, they would have a difficult time keeping inventory in stock.

If GM were serious about Saturn - they would ditch the Ion and bring out the Astra this fall.  While their at it, ditch the Relay as well.

IIRC, they've already shut down production of the Ion, and there are already plans to axe the Relay. Your wish is granted!

How do the Astra dimensions compare with the Ion? Weight? How simmilar are their ecotecs and ours? Would we see european engines, or would they drop the more familiar ecotecs in?

How do the Astra dimensions compare with the Ion?  Weight?  How simmilar are their ecotecs and ours?  Would we see european engines, or would they drop the more familiar ecotecs in?

From what I heard the Astra shares nothing with the Ion. Different platform, even the Ecotec families are different.

From what I heard the Astra shares nothing with the Ion. Different platform, even the Ecotec families are different.

I wasn't really expecting anything shared, except maybe some engine stuff (since the ecotec over here comes from Saab), I was more wondering just a number comparison. Is it about the same size as the Ion, a little bigger, a lot bigger? How's the weight? There are a number of S-Series fans who complain about the Ion gaining like 400lbs and losing 5 mpg over the S. Would be interesting to know 'bout.

The only thing the Astra's lineup is missing is a sedan.

The 5-door is close enough, IMO. More notable, IMO, is the missing quadcoupe. A lot of people may not be fans of the Ion, but the quadcoupe design in general rocks. Would love to see that 3 door turn into a quadcoupe hatch. 8)

The US Patent and Trademark Office rules allow up to 36 between registering a trademark and actually using it. The filing now doesn't mean we will necessarily see it sooner than later.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • My Clubs

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets