Sign in to follow this  
Variance

Spy Photos: 2008 Cadillac STS

Spy Shots: ’08 Cadillac STS

A slimmer face for a sleek Euro beater.

by KGP Photography (2006-03-23)

The Cadillac STS has a facelift in the works, likely for the 2008 model year. The big four-door gets a new, Escalade-inspired grille treatment, with a more detailed chrome treatment and a subdued mesh grille. The STS's new face looks much lighter and more expressive than the current model's - a subtle but effective update. New taillights ditch the full red lenses, in favor of styled LED lamps that complement the STS's chiseled lines. The clear lenses have only a sliver of red reflector at the inside edges, but separate vertical LED strips glow red (braking) or orange (turn signals) in a truly eye-catching display. It appears that two additional reflective red strips have been added between the tailpipes, but it's unclear whether this is a final production application, or merely a safety add-on for testing purposes. We expect similar updates to be applied to the CTS and SRX models, to tighten up Cadillac's revamped family look.

Photos at link: http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...178.A10177.html

Guest Josh

NO NO NO NO NO

All WRONG!

There is no update to the STS this soon. It's simply doing more testing for the Blue Devil!

That mule doesn't really look that much different from the current model. I have seen plenty here in the past few weeks and it looks basically the same.

Josh-- i was going to ask how you put a small block in the STS then i answered my own question CTSv DUH! lol :duh:

The SRX is getting an update for '07, so it makes since that the STS would one year later.

The taillamps look cool, though I'm not sure the updated grill changes much... Hopefully the front gets some more changes and the interior gets a major upgrade as the SRX is supposed to get.

Sorry- that's much more so DTS-inspired than ESC-inspired. I was expecting an 8-port grille like the '07 ESC- pics & text contradict each other. I also would infinately prefer a veiled LED taillight like the circa '00 Deville than clear lenses with bare strips of 40 bulbs.

Other than that I like it! ;)

NO NO NO NO NO

All WRONG!

There is no update to the STS this soon. It's simply doing more testing for the Blue Devil!

Are you serious about this? What exactly are they testing? The powerplant? Isn't the Blue Devil supposed to be supercharged?

That car is a Euro-spec car. That's why it has the dark taillights (which are uglier than the red ones, imo) and the amber rear side marker lights.

It also has what I believe to be the rear fog lights in the rear bumper, between the exausts.

The problems with the STS, IMO, were on the rear end, and the bland layout of the interior. From the description it sounds like the new rear is going to be schweet, hopefully an interior change will also follow.

They have it ID'ed correctly, this is an STS refresh. A fairly minor one though. There have been other unpublished photos of these prototypes.

Guys, if you're looking for the right answer, I'd probably trust this ^^^, our "resident spy's" statement :AH-HA_wink:

I would sure hope there would be at least a minor refresh for model #4, which is what 2008 will be for this car. Not major sheetmetal differences, but just some fresh details and maybe mechanical bits to keep everything as current as possible.

Edited by caddycruiser

NO NO NO NO NO

All WRONG!

Are we going to get this post everytime there is a prototype being tested.

Spy shot poster: "Looks like they're doing a face lift and tail lift on the Cobalt"

Josh: "NO NO NO! It's another blue devil mule! I'm telling you it's true!"

Instead of mucking about with the grille and taillights how about a nice chrome door molding on the luxury version at least and a better interior. Those two simple changes would make this car stand out a lot more than it does now.

I like the grille change-the DTS one is striking and it works well with/for the design, and it does here too.

Where is everyone seeing the taillamps? I only see a shot showing the side and front.

I do not think the taillights mean anything for us. I am assuming that GM was testing the vehicle on the Autobahn or another European track.

For people who don't think this is the next STS:

Why would they give a test mule a brand new grille and style upgrades (excluding the taillights) if this is just a disguise for another vehicle?

It does not make sense.

I believe this article and those who support it.

Edited by Cadillacfan

This doesn't make sense. The CTS is long overdue for a remake, and yet it's saying it's going to get grille treatment?

Oh, and screw what Top Gear says. They keep saying the CTS is too big. I'd say why give up the Cadillac heritage, just because of what a fool who can't tell a chime is to remind key removal said?

Edited by ToniCipriani

The Escalade had clear-lense taillamps in spy shots as well. I wouldn't expect these to make production either.

As for the front-end, it looks DTS-inspired. Wrong direction to be moving in if you ask me.

The CTS is long overdue for a remake, and yet it's saying it's going to get grille treatment?

The CTS came out in '02 as an '03 model. We are currently in the '06 model year. 3 years old is "long overdue for a remake"?

Wasn't somone just bitching about Ford restyling the Montego after 2 years in another thread? :banghead:

CTS will be refreshed substantially for the '08 model year, which means we'll see it in '07 and probably in some spy pics later this year if CD/BP does his job well. :AH-HA_wink:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook