Flybrian

2008 Saturn Astra

92 posts in this topic

azulSKY    0

I like it. A lot. But it really needs an Americanized interior I think. It's a stopgap, but will all those buttons even work? I mean, would an ION replacement have the Phone Keypad but almost nothing else in GM's lineup doesn't?

Z-06    493
It is good to know that they have not trickled down the options. I like it. The interior color is not the best. May be it will looks better in black (me thinks)

capriceman    0

GOD GM dont leave license plates on your cars for a photo shoot! use a GM Design Studio or something, the blue really stands out.

4gm    0

With the 3 door GM finally has a car that will appeal to a large number of import buyers. That design is great. Too bad the initial production run will be so limited. I don't care for the 5 door. It already looks dated to me. I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather see GM's corporate radio instead of what's being offered. The interior is ok but could stand improvement.

The 3 door is nice. The 5 door looks too much like a Golf/Rabbit. For small cars, automakers should really show the low-end models as well. For a small car, the base models will sell as much as the top of the line because people buy them because of the price otherwise they may move up a step.

red    0

Really glad they brought this over the pond with its beauty intact. The coupe is one of the best looking compacts in the world right now.

I'm glad they didn't integrate the GMNA radio/hvac...would have looked out of place. The European controls look alot nicer, IMO, and blend in with the interior design much better.

It appears they downsized the view screen, though. That screen looks awfully small, I hope visibility and legibility will not be a problem.

Powertrain lineup is adequate, but competent. Considering the fact they brought this baby over here is good enough for me. After reliability has been proven, I'd seriously consider plunking down for the 3-door as a fun commuter car...and not have an ounce of shame for driving a Saturn (no offense to those who do). Now how bout that VXR or the giant windshield option?

turbo200    6

I agree, the European controls are great, and better than the alternative at GMNA. I can't say enough for how much I love this car and the interior especially, if the quality holds up this interior will be at the top of its class for me.

Looks great... GM finally has an appealing compact for NA...the Cobalt has zero interest to me, but this is definitely appealing....

Would look so much better with a trunk. Showed this to my g/f and she said how awesome the front is, and she would buy it if it wasn't for the "stupid hatchback"

If you want a trunk, buy a Cobalt.

If I was looking to replace my Cobalt right now, I'd buy this, assuming it was priced similar to the Cobalt. I'm not sure if I'd buy the 3 or 5 door. The 5 door is not as bad as the 4 door Cobalt. I would have bought the 4 door Cobalt instead of my 2 door if the design had been better.

Would look so much better with a trunk. Showed this to my g/f and she said how awesome the front is, and she would buy it if it wasn't for the "stupid hatchback"

Strange how some people don't like hatchbacks... I would never buy a compact or subcompact like this with a trunk..that hatchback is infinitely more useful and looks better, IMHO...

CSpec    515

Guys look closer--that isn't a phone pad by the radio, it only has 9 buttons not 12...methinks you get 9 presets here ;)

Wow, you're right. I guess they did change some aspects of the interior.

daves87rs    327

I'm still waiting for one in laser blue, 5 door ,please. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's just me-or do those wheels look really big?

I should ok though- I planned on getting the XE ( or XR-I forgot which one was the lower model) anyways.

I'm guessing 17s will be standard fare...

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.