Say Hello to BMW's Newest Employee

My retirement papers from GM have been signed and submitted, they take affect March 31st, 2009 at COB. I start officially with BMW on May 4th, 2009. With my sick and vacation time I have, I will be paid until June 15th, 2009 by GM.

20 years with GM, so many memories, so many thoughts, I struggled with this decision for many months, with long sleepless nights, it was not an easy one for me ... I will be 40 in June, here's to another happy 20 years at BMW ...

My retirement papers from GM have been signed and submitted, they take affect March 31st, 2009 at COB. I start officially with BMW on May 4th, 2009. With my sick and vacation time I have, I will be paid until June 15th, 2009 by GM.

20 years with GM, so many memories, so many thoughts, I struggled with this decision for many months, with long sleepless nights, it was not an easy one for me ... I will be 40 in June, here's to another happy 20 years at BMW ...

It would have been an easy decision for me. Seems like you came to your senses.

Good luck. And don't bother trying to smuggle the blueprints for Epsilon II over to your new job. Something tells me BMW won't be interested.

So where are you going to be based? Or will you continue to be a jet-setter? Do they have gated communities in Munchen...I only saw highrises, townhomes and unfriendly people? :lol:

Good luck with your new position. As a past BMW owner, it's company I still have a lot of respect for, as they are committed to RWD, straight 6s, driver involvement, and all that is good in a world of FWD genericism.

He can replace the V-crest badges with the blue & white propeller badges.. :)

He should totally do that. The local BMW dealer here has Scion xB shuttle vehicles with BMW roundels.

I've seen some interesting US vehicles in Germany, including a NA Fusion and a NA Odyssey. On the autobahn. Maybe it was the US military base in Heidelberg?

Edited by empowah

He should totally do that. The local BMW dealer here has Scion xB shuttle vehicles with BMW roundels.

I've seen some interesting US vehicles in Germany, including a NA Fusion and a NA Odyssey. On the autobahn. Maybe it was the US military base in Heidelberg?

Nothing like seeing a minivan doing 110 on the Bahn.

Congrats and best of luck. I hope you still stop by C&G from time to time.

Why would I stop coming around? I retired from GM with 20 years of service, as such I still get the GM Employee discount, as long as that last or I live, whichever comes first. Besides GM is in my blood. As for CPF, he had a lot to do with me going to BMW, after all he use to work there and made this transition seamless for me. I have been told I can come back to GME whenever I like, but it's time for new frontiers for me, time to learn new and exciting things. I'm fortunate to work under EU rules, which are more liberal and generous than their U.S. counterparts.

I'm not sure GM will survive the coming storm, which did play a small part in my decision to leave at this point in my career, but believe me I was so close in deciding to try and stay another 10 years. But this opportunity may never come around again and I have to grab the brass ring while it's offered.

I thank those of you who wished me well, I hope and pray the same for you too. But like I said, I won't be leaving C&G, I'll still be around ... :P

LoL...yes yes. I'm sure a general idea of your job wouldn't be too damning. :-P

I will be moving to München (Munich), and will have a big office with a black leather chair that I will spin around in and say WEEEEEEEEEEE, in the BMW tower. :P

I will have a major role in selecting future computer and plant floor systems for BMW Group's global manufacturing network ...

Why would I stop coming around? I retired from GM with 20 years of service, as such I still get the GM Employee discount, as long as that last or I live, whichever comes first. Besides GM is in my blood. As for CPF, he had a lot to do with me going to BMW, after all he use to work there and made this transition seamless for me. I have been told I can come back to GME whenever I like, but it's time for new frontiers for me, time to learn new and exciting things. I'm fortunate to work under EU rules, which are more liberal and generous than their U.S. counterparts.

I'm not sure GM will survive the coming storm, which did play a small part in my decision to leave at this point in my career, but believe me I was so close in deciding to try and stay another 10 years. But this opportunity may never come around again and I have to grab the brass ring while it's offered.

I thank those of you who wished me well, I hope and pray the same for you too. But like I said, I won't be leaving C&G, I'll still be around ... :P

Hey, I never got to see a certain sedan...

I will be moving to München (Munich), and will have a big office with a black leather chair that I will spin around in and say WEEEEEEEEEEE, in the BMW tower. :P

I will have a major role in selecting future computer and plant floor systems for BMW Group's global manufacturing network ...

And Blonde Secretaries?

Hey, maybe you can teach them a thing or two about making reliable electrical systems. :P

And I-Drive

Hey, I never got to see a certain sedan...

It's in Germany now, but I don't know for how much longer. It was ordered to be scrapped, but was moved out of Switzerland to Germany so it wouldn't show up in the Swiss accounting. So when Detroit looks for it, they can no longer see it in Switzerland where they expect it to be. The man at the top hopes that out of sight is out of mind ...

It's in Germany now, but I don't know for how much longer. It was ordered to be scrapped, but was moved out of Switzerland to Germany so it wouldn't show up in the Swiss accounting. So when Detroit looks for it, they can no longer see it in Switzerland where they expect it to be. The man at the top hopes that out of sight is out of mind ...

I could make room in the barn...

I am very happy for you! Congratulations are in order. :)

Edited by ZL-1