2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. 2007 Chevy Silverado. Your vote is...?

• Wow! Absolutely a perfect 10 in my book! Off the charts!
    • Nice, but could be better if they...
    • Average. No better, no worse.
    • Nah. Could be a whole LOT better
    • Ugh. I'll be getting an '06 instead.

Quick photoshop to add a little more body color.

This seems a little better to my eyes.

http://hometown.aol.com/motorcityoldsguy/redz71.jpg

That looks good but I like Croc's thought better

Swap in a Tahoe /Suburban grille...keep chrome bumper, and possibly blacken the headlights (not sure on this one) and you'd have a mean looking truck

Like this (a little rough)?

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3612/08chevsiv014fj.jpg

Without the black headlights

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/1478/08chevsiv025mg.jpg

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With no clue on what the interior looks like, everything is completely subjective when it comes to the exterior styling. That said, I think it's an overall improvement over the squared-off, billboard-sided styling of the current design.

Posted Image

To me, with the angles given, it looks to have more meat on its bones over the current anemic-looking style. I'm not talking 'mean', as I don't care whether a truck looks mean or not. I'm just saying that it looks more suited to getting the job done in better-style.

Is it a dramatic improvement? No. A heavier dose of the concept would certainly have made more of an impact here.

It looks like crap...

Maybe if they fix some of the grill and chrome BS that is going on, then maybe it will look beter, but even so, in my opinion it lacks a certain boldness and presence that I see in other trucks...I dont know...all I know is I hope it will grow on me and many others, because first impressions are not that good at all.

I like it, a lot. Overall, the look is more solid and substantial than the previous generations. It's as bold as "tastefully restrained" can go, but still way less a "forced" design like the tacked-on-testosterone Ram or new Tundra. As for the front, i'm sure there'll be plain black for the "Work Truck" variants and body color for the upscale/SS versions.

It's not going to be much for the guys that buy trucks for penile enlargement reasons.... but it's attractive, the powertrain <even if it's 100% carryover> is top knotch, and if the interior is like what we've seen already, it'll likely beat Ford in that department too.

I personally love it.

1) the front looks great. I dont need less or more chrome.

2) Would have loved the door handles to be body color or chrome.

3) The back of the cabin, where it meets the bed looks weird

4) the sides could have been better

Any pics. of the interior?

It'll absolutely murder the Tundra. Anyone disappointed with their Dodge or F-150 would head here rather than Toyota.....

especially since it'll likely kill the competition the same way the current one does in hauling/towing/hauling ass.

I disagree.

I think the Tundra is WAY more aggressive in its design and styling.....and I'm one of the few on here that REALLY like the way the new big Toyota looks.

This Silverado looks a bit plain to me, too conservative, and not as nicely executed as the GMT-900 SUVs.

I'm torn.....it looks nice....attractive....just too conservative and pussy-fied.

However, the good points are surely to be the interior quality and the driving experience....which if the GMT-900 SUVs are anything to go by, will be first-class.

I personally love it.

1) the front looks great. I dont need less or more chrome.

2) Would have loved the door handles to be body color or chrome.

3) The back of the cabin, where it meets the bed looks weird

4) the sides could have been better

Any pics. of the interior?

It looks awesome!

I love the chrome bumpers --- wish the Tahoe and Suburban would at least add some chrome inserts to their front and rear bumpers.

Hope there is an uplevel option for body colored door handles and liftgate handle -- hate the black...

I disagree.

Oh pinch me...

I think the Tundra is WAY more aggressive in its design and styling.....and I'm one of the few on here that REALLY like the way the new big Toyota looks.

This Silverado looks a bit plain to me, too conservative, and not as nicely executed as the GMT-900 SUVs.

Not everyone wants aggressive. Sales of current, 7 year old silverado prove that.

I'm torn.....it looks nice....attractive....just too conservative and pussy-fied.

However, the good points are surely to be the interior quality and the driving experience....which if the GMT-900 SUVs are anything to go by, will be first-class.

What? No "pushrods r teh suxors" rant?

That truck is hideous. If the HD has that ugly bulge in the Bed and still has an IFS.

I will buy an 06 HD Duramax and wait for the next refresh.

They should have stayed with the same sheet metal as the Burb and Tahoe, they are beautiful....

Interesting..I don't know if I like the fender bulges, but the stacked headlights remind me of the '81-87 models.. typical Chevy grille..the hood reminds me of the '88-98..the taillight shape is reminiscent of the current Dodge Ram.

I wonder how/if the HD models will be differentiated.

For the regular Silverado, I'm glad they went with a clean, evolutionary front end instead of an obese big-rig look like the Ram or Ford SD.

Edited by moltar

Oh pinch me...

Not everyone wants aggressive. Sales of current, 7 year old silverado prove that.

Wow, everyone needs a Midol. :lol:

I prefer trucks that are tasteful and conservative, like the Avalanche, not flashy penis extenders, but this is just generic and plain ugly.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6683/ws...cdjun0623qh.jpg

Posted Image

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8138/silvyblack7wr7sl.jpg

It reminds me too much of the colorado from the side.. :(

Please do not post pictures to the spy pics. Links are fine though. Thank you, Northstar.

Edited by Northstar

Somone shoot the exterior designers of this vehicle. I am utterly disappointed with this design and was hoping for much more for the silverado. At least tack on the Tahoe front end to add some respectable looks.

Thumbs down from this bowtie enthusiast.

Edited by Brandon Lutz

Eh, not too bad, need to see a direct side profile shot. I could definitely see how it would look better in person.

I think the people that like the look of their truck to be a bit more laid back will like it. My dad is usually a Chevy guy, but he likes the new F-150 over the current Silverado because he doesn't like all of the sharp angles on the Chevy.

I think it will do pretty good, would like to see what an SS would look like.

// c0ld_phuz10n

Wow. I was expecting this to look a lot like the new Tahoe/Suburban and I was hoping that would not be the case. Unfortunately, it is. It's quite possibly the second-worst looking pickup money can buy after the Ram.

Going on only exterior design, I would much rather have an '06...even with the craptacular interior.

I like it. I think it's very tasteful, and looks expensive-unlike the new Tundra. It also looks bold to me. Not bold in an in-your-face-way, just bold. Like I never expected this, or something like that. Not everyone wants in-your-face styling. I think that's part of the reason the F-150 sells so good.

Only 3 complaints: fender flares, huge rear wheel wells, and lack of body-colored door handles/mirrors. I guess (and hope) that this is a flareside bed. I've never been too fond of the flareside style. Black handles/mirrors look tacky when the exterior isn't black. But aside from that, I think it's great.

This is pure Chevy truck. I love it. The sides remind me of an update on the '73-'87, the stacked headlights... '81-'87, the grille theme has been used on lots of Chevy trucks before it. I love the wide looking front end.

My truck will be a regular cab, 2WD LT with 20s (and maybe a 2-4 drop)... I'll choose the color after I've seen the palette. I'd like to see a chrome trim package available from the factory similar to what they have now (mirror caps and outside handles).

I am thrilled it does not have the tacked-on, angry face of the current truck, which is the ugliest looking front end ever put on a GM truck. To me, a Chevrolet truck is subtle and determined in countenance, not "over the top" as the Dodge, Nissan, and upcoming Tundra. The Ford F150 has a nice front end as well.

Very tailored and classy, yet masculine. It continues a long tradition that was broken up by the cheesy '03-'06, which when viewed from a full-on frontal aspect, looks high and narrow compared to the competition, not to mention, really unnecessarily angry.

Edited by ocnblu

Agreed... the GMT800 trucks were probably the best-looking for a long time; the Denali version was hot:

Posted Image

The Sierra Denali has class and muscular elegance yet untouched by any other pickup, including the Mark LT and Escalade EXT.

First reaction is not so thrilled...reminds me a lot of the Nissan Titan.  I was also hoping for a power back window like the Tundra Doublecab instead of the slider.

Hopefully the GMC will be differentiated in a better looking way!

LMAO!! Power back window??? Is that the &#036;h&#33; they're thinking up of now?? That's the dumbest feature I've heard of ever. Anyway this truck looks good, imo.

Edited by -Camaro-

That truck is hideous. If the HD has that ugly bulge in the Bed and still has an IFS.

I will buy an 06 HD Duramax and wait for the next refresh.

They should have stayed with the same sheet metal as the Burb and Tahoe, they are beautiful....

That would be worse if they had the same sheet metal as the Tahoe....

Edited by -Camaro-

Oh pinch me...

pushr0ds r t3h shizn@t

As mentioned before, the exterior design is subjective... but personally, it looks kinda overwrought, as if it's appealing to the Dodge Ram crowd.

I think I'll stick with getting an Avalanche.

This is pure Chevy truck.  I love it.  The sides remind me of an update on the '73-'87, the stacked headlights... '81-'87, the grille theme has been used on lots of Chevy trucks before it.  I love the wide looking front end.

My truck will be a regular cab, 2WD LT with 20s (and maybe a 2-4 drop)... I'll choose the color after I've seen the palette.  I'd like to see a chrome trim package available from the factory similar to what they have now (mirror caps and outside handles).

I am thrilled it does not have the tacked-on, angry face of the current truck, which is the ugliest looking front end ever put on a GM truck.  To me, a Chevrolet truck is subtle and determined in countenance, not "over the top" as the Dodge, Nissan, and upcoming Tundra.  The Ford F150 has a nice front end as well.

Very tailored and classy, yet masculine.  It continues a long tradition that was broken up by the cheesy '03-'06, which when viewed from a full-on frontal aspect, looks high and narrow compared to the competition, not to mention, really unnecessarily angry.

I have to agree with ocn on some points there. I think a lot of people are just shocked that it is not a "in your face truck" like the 03-06s....

I really fell in love with the 99-02s....simple, kick butt looks...

I does look pretty good...minus the flaresides (ugh!)

I going to have to see it in person to get a better idea of the overall look of the truck....

I'm not a truck person, but I think it looks great. I also like the flared fenders. It looks 100% Chevrolet. I'm also pleased that it does not look like the Tahoe.

I think GM has finally realized they have the unique ability to build two different trucks while attacking the same market. This new Silverado allows a lot more breathing room for the Sierra to have its own identity.

The new Tundra interior wins no kudos from me. I suspect the Silverado's & Sierra's interior to be the class leaders.

Don't forget, the aftermarket/customization for Chevrolet & GMC trucks are huge... you can pretty much make them "your own" regardless of the stock product styling.

Edited by VenSeattle

I don't hate it, I don't love it. Almost a tiring/tired evolution on the 1988-98 and 1999-2007 trucks-enough derivativeness already. The grille looks nice, the fender bulges help, but taking anything from those crummy Colorado's is a seriously downward move, it looks like its trying to be original, but the design fails. The grille looks good, but otherwise, that's about it. Good to see Sport Red Metallic is alive and well though.

Posted Image

Look for this CD/BP^ coming at you :lol:

But the only problem i have about buying this is how could i justify driving it into the the woods or taking it mud bogging its to pretty. its not a truck. All "trucks" today are pansy sissy trucks that dont like Dirt.

Posted Image

Back in 78 I would buy this from the dealer and take it down the two tracks the same day. its a rough riding-do your dirty work-with a big V8-cheap mobile. Not a truck that rides better and has a nicer inside than your luxary car. is anyone with me?

But since i need a reliable truck, I will have to see the the GMC before i decide to by a new truck though.

It certainly jumps out at you, but I'm not 100% sold on it. I would have really rather seen more ties back to the "tried, true, IMHO real-trucks" from the '73-'87 body era, but this one looks good. The crew cab looks WAY out of proportion, although I kinda thought that's what the Avalanche was supposed to take care of.....oh well c'est la vie. I wouldn't mind seeing a regular or extended cab truck with a fleetside bed.