Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

New VUE Pics!

New Pics

from windingroad.com

"Caught masquerading “bra-less” for the first time by snapper Chris Doane, the 2008 Saturn Vue looks to be almost showroom-ready. Sans camo, the front end reveals a pair of eagles-head lenses and lower fascia that mimics a skid plate between a pair of fog lamps. The rear reveals a high-set bumper, along with almond-shaped headlamps with round brake light elements. Note that the prototype’s rear fascia has cutouts for two exhausts, although this particular model only has a single exit unit.

(Click through to the jump for more images and details!)

Brenda Priddy & Co. report that the four-door GMT319 will be assembled at General Motors’ Ramos Arizpe, Mexico plant. According to her sources, the new Vue will be motivated by a 2.4-liter inline four with a choice of manual or automatic transmissions. Options may include a pair of V-6s, and reportedly not one, but two separate Green Line models. How’s that? The less advanced Green line will utilize a Belt Alternator System (BAS) with the 2.4-liter, and the second will use GM’s 3.6-liter V-6 and incorporate a hybrid system jointly developed with DaimlerChrysler, General Motors, and BMW.

Downstream, Priddy believes that crossover enthusiasts can expect a 3.6-liter Redline model, which should be good for around 300 horsepower."

looks sharp! :thumbsup:

Edited by Northstar

The mirrors are terrible. I think it's safe to say this is the worst new Saturn, and it's also the only one that wasn't designed here.

195373[/snapback]

agree about the mirrors... as far as the worst...? we'll see when the "wagon aura" and astra comes over... for final product comparos

this thing is Daewoo all the way to the bank.

it looks too narrow and too small. But really, the outlook sales gains will offset any vue sales losses. Only thing is the size of this may be deficient realted to the RAV4, CRV, and new Outbanger.

I hope saturn doesn't screw this up. the current vue has near mid sized space. I bet the current vue is close to the original 4 dr blazer in seating size and almost in cargo size. if they lose space in transition and it becomes more Caliber size they are screwed.

Edited by regfootball

What's with the GMC Acadia-esque headlights? Could this really be the GMC (nee Pontiac) Torrent replacement with a Saturn grille? There's just way too much unpainted black plastic for a brand that supposedly is going upscale. Very little chrome accents are used, unlike on other newer Saturns. To top it off, they place a strip of chrome on the rear hatch that looks out of place (unless, more of that black plastic will be painted on the production version and more chrome accents will be added). I'll save my final judgement until the official pictures are released, but I'll say this - the OUTLOOK is 10x better looking than the NG VUE. I won't be holding my breath here.

The interior is pretty cool ooking, nice to see a new wheel design, even if it looks like a Caddy or Saab wheell...not a bad thing though. Still the same r radio <_<

The exterior looks to Korean from the back, mainly cuz of the tail light design, but if the spyshots of the Red Line are any idication, it looks promising in that form.

I am not sure what all the intrigue is with this model, we already knew exactly what it would look like as the Opel version has already been released. I think it is much better looking than the current Vue, but I think the Chevy Captiva version of this trucklet sold in Europe is actually better looking.

New Antara

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here is the Captiva

Posted Image

Official photos of this have been available for months now, why is everyone surprised to see a camo version now? Strange!

The only real news is that it appears the Saturn will have a slightly different dash than the Opel version.

Edited by FunkyPig

Wow... I really was expecting something a little nicer to be honest. I hate the headlights and taillamps. The interior, well, I need to see a better shot of it. I still can't believe GM has no idea how to integrate their corporate stereo better in the center console. All they have to do is put a freakin' cover over the whole console that covers the outlines of the HVAC and radio "boxes" and bam, better looking already.

I am not sure what all the intrigue is with this model, we already knew exactly what it would look like as the Opel version has already been released.  I think it is much better looking than the current Vue, but I think the Chevy Captiva version of this trucklet sold in Europe is actually better looking.

New Antara

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here is the Captiva

Posted Image

195654[/snapback]

Agreed, the Captiva looks better.

Official photos of this have been available for months now, why is everyone surprised to see a camo version now? Strange!

The only real news is that it appears the Saturn will have a slightly different dash than the Opel version.

195740[/snapback]

Which is ashame, cuz it woulda been nice to see something other than GM's corporate stereo there <_<

I like it. I would like it more without the grey plastic bumpers, tho. The current VUE definitely got better looking with color-keyed bumpers IMO.

I'm going to go practice my objection handling: "This Saturn is made where??"

Looks like 8-way power seat. That is good. Getting rid of the underpowered ECOTEC 2.2 is also good. 2-different Hybrids Plus 2 different non-hybrid powertrains is also good. I'm gonna need a bigger lot.

2-different Hybrids Plus 2 different non-hybrid powertrains is also good.  I'm gonna need a bigger lot.

196043[/snapback]

that's 2 hybrids and 3 non-hybrids - they mention the 2.4L and 2 6-cyls. That's 5 models, and we don't even know if that includes the Red Line. :D

Yup, bigger lot time... lol

I am not sure I like how the back end looks in the pictures...and I also wish the vehicle looked like it had a wider stance.

With that said, I can live with those things as well as they do the rest right.

If I can get a Redline with close to 300hp with the 6 speed automatic, I'd be happy. I think 18inch or higher wheels on a redline version would make this look good enough to put on our short list of things to buy.