Intrepidation

2009 Nissan Maxima Leaked

56 posts in this topic

Source: Autoblog

Forums are fast becoming the bane of automakers that've spent a lot of time, energy and money coordinating a new car's debut. Nissan was hoping to debut the all-new 2009 Maxima tomorrow during the New York Auto Show, but forum Supernissans.net has burst this carmaker's bubble a bit early. Six pics of the new 2009 Nissan Maxima were posted on this forum, which we've included in the gallery below, and more have begun showing up on other sites around the web. We'll have details on the car, as well as more live shots and high-res official photos, tomorrow morning when the new Maxima rolls out on stage in the Big Apple. Until then, we're sure you're eager to check out the pics and discuss this polarizing design in the comments.

my09maxima_06.jpg

my09maxima_13.jpg

9080318.005.mini2l2.jpg

9080318.005.mini3l2.jpg

116necn.jpg

21c5ee8.jpg

2z71kpu.jpg

Um, the front is very trucky and just bizarre. The rest will probably look dated pretty soon, especially the interior.

I guess interior is not badge engineering. :rolleyes:

Hideous, unemotional, uninspiring, and already dated.

Looks like a Yaris from the back

that was teh first thing I saw too

the front looks like a cross between a GTR and Infiniti, but not a good cross. I really am not of a fan of the side view of the headlights either

Polarizing best describes this design. The taillamps remind me more of the Civic Coupe than the Yaris. The front end reminds me of the last gen Q45. I will wait to say if I like it or not when I see pics of this car in different colors, especially a darker color. The interior looks ok. Nothing groundbreaking. It definitely looks luxurious.

I see the MKS in the greenhouse...interesting to see a vertical grille rather than the recent Nissan styles... I like the interior, definitely some Infiniti influence in the center stack.

The front could've been so much better if the headlights didn't have that backwards sweep to them. Still, I think it is a definite upgrade over the current Maxima.

It's a marked stylistic improvement over the last generation model. Still, while I like the shape of it, the headlights and overall rear treatment are ugly.

WOW, Talk about a Toyota knock off in the back and a Honda knock off in the front and a bit of Mercedes knock off on the side. 3 aged designs glued together to show as a new design, but already clearly dated. THis thing will make people think 2000 or 2001 by next year and yet it is supposed to be a 2009????? :puke:

I REALLY like it......(am I the only one?)

I love the distinctive touches.....I think it's nicely-differentiated from the Altima and, especially, the G35.....which it will very likely compete.

I'm one that absolutely hated the last-generation Maxima......so for me, this is a refreshing change.

I like it overall, esp. the interior. But the TL is still my favorite FWD sport sedan...

The tail lights definitely scream Yaris. Overall I don't think it's that bad. The front looks odd, like they took the head lights and grille and just moved them down a few inches, also giving the hood a weird cut line. It will probably look better in dark colors.

i like the interior... and the coke bottling... and that is all

why is the whole car curvy and such... and then the grill is just a straight up rectangle? also, im a big fan of weird headlight treatments... but this one is executed poorly and looks terrible

and is it just me or in the profile view does it look like the front end is higher up? weird...

my09maxima_13.jpg

lincoln-mks.jpg

toyota-yaris-yrx-2006-791148.jpg

9080318.005.mini2l2.jpg

That being said, I think it looks alright overall until you get to the front. The headlights are funky but I don't mind that, it's just the square grill and air dam that look out of place. My first impression was GTR meets a truck front styling. It doesn't match the rest of the car...like it came from a different design proposal. Fox that and it would be better. The interior is definitely reminiscent of an Infiniti, but that's not a bad thing, besides not being particularly original.

Oh wow... That is... different. If it weren't for the horrid front fascia and the wheel flares that are just flat and huge, it wouldnt look so bad. The body and interior are pretty good while the rear is decent, atleast.

NICE MKS!

for a maxima this is progress though. did they dump the cvt and give me the choice of stick back?

Certainly a jar to the senses when I first looked at it, but it's growing on me already. It is distinctive. I too love the coke bottle sides. The grille sort of reminds me of a Scion tC. Overall, it certainly has emerged from the shadow of the smaller Altima, which is a good thing, and I love the little "4DSC" sticker's return.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead