2010 Chevrolet Camaro revealed!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of anti-climatic if you ask me, it's not like you didn't know what it was going to look like. Whats with that ribbing right behind the door anyway? That's a 1st gen Firebird trait.

Not anti-climatic for many who kept saying they would never keep it close to the original show car. I recall when the first pictures came out many said it was all wrong.

The ribs are all Chevy as the Bird was more notched and higher up.

I remember when the concept debuted all the rags said it looked nowhere near production ready,a nd that it would be dumbed down significantly for production, guess the real enthusiasts at GM showed them, and kept it very close to the concept. My only minor complaint is I wish it had a slightly longer rear overhang, but that's it.

Also, someone needs to offer 22" / 21" replica wheels of the concept. They may not be good for ride anf handling but damn they look cool still.

Looks about as close to the concept as the production Challenger does to it's concept. Good to see both Chrysler and GM staying true to a vision for once. However when comparing the production Camaro to the concept, I'm left feeling like it somehow became short and stubby from the profile, where the concept look slong and sleek. But overall I think they nailed it and didn't water it down much, if at all.

Thanks for the comparison shots, DF. In the profile shot, if the background were dark in the production photo like the concept's, I think it would flatter the production car more. Not enough contrast to arrest your eye and keep it on the car, imo. This is one sweet car. I want to see a photo of every color. I wonder what the final production color palette is? The new-for-'09 Aqua Blue on the Colorado and HHR would look great on this, imo. I really like the satin metal trim across the dash and into the door trims... sweeping. I hope there is an interesting selection of interior colors, too, although I'd settle for black. Edited by ocnblu

EPA estimates for the V-6 are 18/27 and for the V-8 are 15/23. The V-6 can possibly get below 6sec (considering CTS which is about the same weight and has the same 6-pot breaks this barrier). The V-6 gets LSD standard, and other than huge Brembos of the SS there is nothing in the SS - save the V-8 mill - that cannot be had on the RS V-6 package, it even includes the 20 inchers. My guess is they will have this decked V-6 for about $28-29K. That is a very good deal. Considering how fabulously Zeta handles, I think a V-6 Camaro is worth consideration as brand new and then get a used SS down the lane.

EPA estimates for the V-6 are 18/27 and for the V-8 are 15/23. The V-6 can possibly get below 6sec (considering CTS which is about the same weight and has the same 6-pot breaks this barrier). The V-6 gets LSD standard, and other than huge Brembos of the SS there is nothing in the SS - save the V-8 mill - that cannot be had on the RS V-6 package, it even includes the 20 inchers. My guess is they will have this decked V-6 for about $28-29K. That is a very good deal. Considering how fabulously Zeta handles, I think a V-6 Camaro is worth consideration as brand new and then get a used SS down the lane.

This car is lighter than a CTS So the performance numbers should be much better.

Also none of this is a real Suprise as Settlmire has said time and time again that the V6 car was the focus. This is not your usual base car nore was it ever intended to be such. This was all planned long before the high gas prices came in and it is a good thing they did as this may save the program in the long run and provide s few more years of this car as is vs if it had just been a V8 focused car as the past gen was.

This car is lighter than a CTS So the performance numbers should be much better.

Also none of this is a real Suprise as Settlmire has said time and time again that the V6 car was the focus. This is not your usual base car nore was it ever intended to be such. This was all planned long before the high gas prices came in and it is a good thing they did as this may save the program in the long run and provide s few more years of this car as is vs if it had just been a V8 focused car as the past gen was.

Yes it is supposedly lighter by about 100lb. Most magazines got 5.7-5.8 in the CTS, this car can drop another 10th off. I was being conservative in my estimate and comparing the Camaro with the CTS.

I am glad they focused on the V-6, because it is the mill that will garner them sales in the Old Nations and other parts of the globe. Although there has been no mention about the FE3 making it in the RS package, I hope it does, FE2 can be more than capable for road carving. I honestly think save the 0-60 and 1/4 mile performance which will not be shabby at all V-6, would be the way to go if you need a good RWD, with good fuel economy, decent performance, and less taxing on insurance.

Kudos GM for a good base model.

I wonder how much Camaro can be had for $25K. :scratchchin:

My guess is possibly a V-6 LS with little bit more goodies. Like I mentioned earlier, all Camaros come with LSD, non-symmetric rear stabilizer bars standard to prevent bunny hopping. LS will come with 18" and will be pretty heavy on options. Of course that does not include price gouging. :P

They didn't. From what I've heard, development costs were rather paltry when compared to other vehicle programs.

Really that suprises me because there was alot of design in the exterior/interior. As for the platform and powertrain there wasn't nearly as much. Lets just hope they actually market this thing RIGHT!

They didn't. From what I've heard, development costs were rather paltry when compared to other vehicle programs.

Really that suprises me because there was alot of design in the exterior/interior. As for the platform and powertrain there wasn't nearly as much. Lets just hope they actually market this thing RIGHT!

Dagnabit, red and yellow are prolly my two least favourite colors on a car, and silver looks a bit washed out. Do we really have to wait until 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon to see it in the whole spectrum of living color? :unitedstates:

I wonder how much Camaro can be had for $25K. :scratchchin:

$4.00+ gallon gas makes me think I'd be happy as pigs in $hit

if I could spend $23,000 & buy a power option delete Camaro

with a 2.4 ecotech, wide-spread-gear 5-speed & highway

geared rear end for a killer combo of "MPG & cool factor" 5th

generation Camaro style.

[let the roasting begin]

Just remmeber I've owned dozens of V8s, so sellig out it's not.

$4.00+ gallon gas makes me think I'd be happy as pigs in $hit

if I could spend $23,000 & buy a power option delete Camaro

with a 2.4 ecotech, wide-spread-gear 5-speed & highway

geared rear end for a killer combo of "MPG & cool factor" 5th

generation Camaro style.

[let the roasting begin]

Just remmeber I've owned dozens of V8s, so sellig out it's not.

dont forget to source some iron duke badges for it

Really that suprises me because there was alot of design in the exterior/interior. As for the platform and powertrain there wasn't nearly as much.

That last bit is where GM saved the most money. Make no mistake, GM will make profit from the Camaro.

Lets just hope they actually market this thing RIGHT!

Indeed and they probably will.

I love this car and cannot wait for the show tomorrow. I am really surprised at the number of people here that dislike the interior. I find it beautiful and for the love of GOD missing the corporate HVAC and Black Tie radio center stack! I feared that the bean counters would have stuffed the corporate parts bin crap down the Camaro teams throats and ruined a great design. I was in the Concept Camaro and can tell you that the radio and HVAC in that car were unusable - but beautiful! To see them brought to life in a usable package is wonderful. I could just hear the same people who HATE this interior raising hell if they had stuffed the Black Tie set-up in the production car. Glad to see some individuality showing up in the cars. Nothing worse for me that hopping in my Corvette and staring at the Cavalier stereo and trunk release button, Oldsmobile door handles, and Buick HVAC controller. It really ruins the car for me. Glad to see the same fate has NOT ruined my dream car, and cannot wait to see what the designers come up with on the next cars to come down the line.

Now I just have to decide between an RS V6 stick or wait for the Z28 Convertible that I always wanted. And the color choice is going to be a bitch!

i like this car a lot and the v6 / 6sp would be my choice.

i don't like the interior, it looks cheap and i dislike the design also. seats in particular look cheap. why didn't they use the G8 seats?

i will reserve final judgement on the interior till i get in one.

car is heavy. new mustangs sell for 17k. i dont think we'll see any camaros close to that cheap.

That last bit is where GM saved the most money. Make no mistake, GM will make profit from the Camaro.

Indeed and they probably will.

Well lets home the market it right. I think they will too, and I hope they can crank out 100K a year too. I bet 2/3 or them will be six cylinder models.

I bet 2/3 or them will be six cylinder models.

Indeed sales of six-cylinder Camaro models will more than likely eclipse sales of the eight-cylinder Camaro models. I know the six-cylinder car will be what I will be buying, not only for fuel economy, but in terms of overall performance and feature value.

Edited by YellowJacket894

dont forget to source some iron duke badges for it

I would think the Ecotec brings thoughts of a Quad-4 more so than an Iron Duke.

Not to mention wouldn't a badge for Iron Duke refer to it as "Tech IV?"

Edited by LosAngeles

i like this car a lot and the v6 / 6sp would be my choice.

i don't like the interior, it looks cheap and i dislike the design also. seats in particular look cheap. why didn't they use the G8 seats?

i will reserve final judgement on the interior till i get in one.

car is heavy. new mustangs sell for 17k. i dont think we'll see any camaros close to that cheap.

Whoa, reg. You can only see like a square foot of the seat. Hold judgment, sir!

The car is heavy, but probably lighter than the Mustang and Challenger. New Mustangs sell for 17k, but you'll get a hell of a lot more in the Camaro (more standard HP, more gears, LSD regardless of trim, much better quality, IRS, ...)

Base Mustangs are horrible. It's amazing that the Mustang gets a free pass for having such a wheezy, soft, lumbering base model. Try not to think of the V6 Camaro as a Mustang competitor. Pull off two spark plugs from the 3.6L, stick the body panels in a giant furnace until they melt, and gut the interior, and you'll have a Mustang competitor. I see the V6 Camaro as a car that'll undercut the G37 by several thousand while being infinitely more dyamic in every way.

Base Mustangs are horrible. It's amazing that the Mustang gets a free pass for having such a wheezy, soft, lumbering base model. Try not to think of the V6 Camaro as a Mustang competitor. Pull off two spark plugs from the 3.6L, stick the body panels in a giant furnace until they melt, and gut the interior, and you'll have a Mustang competitor. I see the V6 Camaro as a car that'll undercut the G37 by several thousand while being infinitely more dyamic in every way.

...actually I think hell is about to freeze over! I didn't like it at all when it came out, but I think of the three I'd like a V6- Challenger.

Chris

IMO

GM Design walks all over Chrysler. The execution, level of detail, and concept-to-production execution is head and shoulders over the Challenger.

And I LOVE the interior. I have a strong feeling that many will to, once they have had some seat time.

The first pictures don't do it justice.

Go see this start up animation: http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/

The backlighting on the interior is kickass! The Chevy Camaro mini-site, however, especially the "Camaro colors" page, is WORTHLESS. They have pictures of the concept up there, photoshopped into very poor representations of the production colors. AND... there's no brown like we were shown when the colors were first posted here. Oh well, I am also interested in the Cyber Gray and the Aqua Blue, if I could see them in a real photo, not some halfhearted photoshop.

Not my cup of tea at all I'm afraid, I think Ford's Mustang has more attractive "retro" styling. A droptop however would improve the looks dramatically for me.

That said, the Camaro's interior looks diabolically cheap and nasty - and again, trumped by the Mustang.

You'd think otherwise if you've actually seen it in person. The Mustang is pure junk inside, even in pre-production trim, this Camaro was far nicer and had much better materials.

IMO

GM Design walks all over Chrysler. The execution, level of detail, and concept-to-production execution is head and shoulders over the Challenger.

And I LOVE the interior. I have a strong feeling that many will to, once they have had some seat time.

The first pictures don't do it justice.

Go see this start up animation: http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/multimedia/

+1 to that!!! The level of execution is far behind what we're used to from GM. You'll all flip when you see it in person on the streets, it's ridiculous! Pictures don't do it justice.