Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

2010 Chevrolet Camaro revealed!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM did a much better job on the retro conversion than Ford or Chrysler did. The Camaro is just about perfect to symbolize the modern muscle car.

The interior looks high quality and well done, but the design is pretty ugly; the center stack and dash in particular. I suppose it is supposed to look dated though.

Guest aatbloke

Not my cup of tea at all I'm afraid, I think Ford's Mustang has more attractive "retro" styling. A droptop however would improve the looks dramatically for me.

That said, the Camaro's interior looks diabolically cheap and nasty - and again, trumped by the Mustang.

GM just sold me another car right....here:

production_2010_camaro_coupe_1280_-02.jp

I might NOT miss Pontiac if Chevy keep this up.

Now about how about this rubbing off on the HHR, Impala, and Cruze?

Edited by LosAngeles

So... broken embargo or a conveninent 'leak'?

Re looks, I have absolutely no comment: as Satty posted, we've been seen this before (both in white and black) :lol:

Edited by ZL-1

OK....I'll get this off my chest.....I absolutely HATE that interior. I've hated it from day one when we saw the first prototype units, and I hate it just as much now. It would be a deal-killer for me actually if not for the fact that I feel (due to GM's recent improvements) the fit-and-finish and quality of the switchgear (CTS stalks....) will be pretty nice.....but styling-wise? YUK......

OK.....now I love the exterior styling of this car! But damn, doesn't it look fat and heavy.....especially the rear? I bet this car will come in around 4,000lbs.

The only feature I really don't like is the placement of the back-up lights. But that's a minor detail I guess.

I don't think that this means there is no navigation. If it's an RS interior as well, then obviously it's probably not top-of-the-line. The interior looks neither cheap nor amazing, just acceptable. If I had to guess, I'd say the materials aren't as good as the GTO's, but obviously it is hard to guess from just these pictures. If the interior is only slightly better than the Mustang, I hope they offer a "nice interior" upgrade so that those who care about the interior can have a pretty nice one. The "premium interior" in the Mustang is worlds better than the base Mustang, though it's still pretty mediocre.

OK....I'll get this off my chest.....I absolutely HATE that interior. I've hated it from day one when we saw the first prototype units, and I hate it just as much now. It would be a deal-killer for me actually if not for the fact that I feel (due to GM's recent improvements) the fit-and-finish and quality of the switchgear (CTS stalks....) will be pretty nice.....but styling-wise? YUK......

OK.....now I love the exterior styling of this car! But damn, doesn't it look fat and heavy.....especially the rear? I bet this car will come in around 4,000lbs.

The only feature I really don't like is the placement of the back-up lights. But that's a minor detail I guess.

I agree the interior is kinda blah, but I used to hate it and now it seems acceptable. As for weight, the article said 3700lbs.

Wow.... absolutely awesome.

I'm still pissed about a certain *cough-cough-B-pillar* topic that bugs me

to no end, BUT I will say that this is the most exciting product launch for

a non-Corvette Chevy in over a decade. That interior is great.

And also, like I predicted, the production headlights are much nicer IMHO.

they give the car more personality and fit the fascia much better.

Overall I give it a solid A, however if this was a hardtop I'd be putting

down a deposit at the dealership. Maybe i WILL buy one new... a skilled

body man should be able to do the metal work for a hardtop conversion &

the rest I can do myself. :D

If 3700 pounds and 52/48 balance is for the V8, that is pretty good. The V6 should be near 50/50 and 3600 pounds perhaps. But if the V6 car is 3700, then the V8 is probably 3850 or more, and then we have another overweight GM car. They picked the right engines for this car though, I hope they never offer some bargain basement engine so they can sell them as rentals like Ford does with the Mustang.

I love the rear end of this car, the front looks good, but it is kind of retro, and retro styling wears our quickly. The concept came 2-3 years ago, plus it is still a year from production, after a couple years on the market that front end will have been around for 5+ years, so it might look dated.

Interior is okay. I don't like the G6/HHR/Aveo circular A/C vents on the side, for one they look cheap, and two, the center vents are rectangular. Why aren't they all squared off or all rounded? The center stack with all those gauges I am not a fan of either. The HVAC controls look odd, they should have done a more streamlined and integrated unit, perhaps not corporate radio/hvac but something better than that. Too retro looking on the interior. The materials and fit/finish seem fine in the pictures (that has to be judged in person though) and adequate for the class, but nothing amazing.

Hot Hot Hot! A great looking car, inside and out. I love the unique interior... and I'm glad it's not "new GM generic", in the trend started by the CTS (which I love, but it seems every subsequent new GM product will copy the CTS interior to a point).

Hot Hot Hot! A great looking car, inside and out. I love the unique interior... and I'm glad it's not "new GM generic", in the trend started by the CTS (which I love, but it seems every subsequent new GM product will copy the CTS interior to a point).

Agreed!

The radio and HVAC controls could be toned down a bit. Maybe it would look better if they weren't protruding so much... Otherwise, I really like the interior!

This is fantastic, inside and out. There isn't a single detail that I don't like.

I gotta say I'm impressed with the pictures, especially of the red RS model :lovey: If I am to remain driving a car in the near future, it will have to be one that is both interesting and makes a statement... I could see the Camaro fulfilling those requirements (assuming it is also capable of family hauling duties).

The interior is not my first choice but it not as bad as some try to make it out to be.

The key to the interior is it needs to haqve the touch and feel of the new Malibu. Any cheap plastic touch surfaces will be nailed by the press before the first car rolls off the lot. The Mustang suffers greatly the cheap plastic feel in the console area.

Scott said the prices will mirroe but expect them to be just a little higher than the Stang. Chevy is going to market this car as a better value as you will get thinks like more power and IRS for only a few hundred more. You get what you pay for and in a Camaro you get more per dollar than the Mustang. This also has always been a Chevy trademark vs Ford.

I have heard the 3700 pound weight that right about what I expected for the V6 base on what I have been told. I exect the V8 will be high 3750 lbs just just over 3850 lbs in a full optioned car. I hope the sky is falling 4000+ lbs people will appolgize now.

The convertible in black is a breath taker with the roof up or down. Just wait till you see it in person.

I enjoy the engine choices.

The HF DI and the LS3? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My question... is there really a third engine in the works? And if so, would it be below the HF or in between?

Edited by Lamar

Wow.... absolutely awesome.

I'm still pissed about a certain *cough-cough-B-pillar* topic that bugs me

to no end, BUT I will say that this is the most exciting product launch for

a non-Corvette Chevy in over a decade. That interior is great.

And also, like I predicted, the production headlights are much nicer IMHO.

they give the car more personality and fit the fascia much better.

Overall I give it a solid A, however if this was a hardtop I'd be putting

down a deposit at the dealership. Maybe i WILL buy one new... a skilled

body man should be able to do the metal work for a hardtop conversion &

the rest I can do myself. :D

:smilewide:

I'm actually bored with that exterior - but I do like how they've made an effort with the interior. It's a bit cheap looking, but the design cues seem wholly appropriate for the Camaro's 21st century muscle car image.

I like the radio and how the screen "floats". I like the overdone knobs and gauges, too, but then of course I'm a fan of the kitschy MINI.

Edited by empowah

The interior is not my first choice but it not as bad as some try to make it out to be.

The key to the interior is it needs to haqve the touch and feel of the new Malibu. Any cheap plastic touch surfaces will be nailed by the press before the first car rolls off the lot. The Mustang suffers greatly the cheap plastic feel in the console area.

Scott said the prices will mirroe but expect them to be just a little higher than the Stang. Chevy is going to market this car as a better value as you will get thinks like more power and IRS for only a few hundred more. You get what you pay for and in a Camaro you get more per dollar than the Mustang. This also has always been a Chevy trademark vs Ford.

I have heard the 3700 pound weight that right about what I expected for the V6 base on what I have been told. I exect the V8 will be high 3750 lbs just just over 3850 lbs in a full optioned car. I hope the sky is falling 4000+ lbs people will appolgize now.

The convertible in black is a breath taker with the roof up or down. Just wait till you see it in person.

Here's hoping there will be a stripped out, lightweight ~3500 lb turbocharged 2.0L drift king model. Who needs a Silvia or TruneoBT8728dGH anyway?

bilde.jpg

that thing needs tuxedo black z28 stripes like a pimp needs a hooker hehe

That looks a lot better.

I agree with Harley though, the reverse lights are stupid...why not have just integrated them into 2 of the brake lights? It clutters up the butt. Minor complaints though.

I like everything about this car.

Only one minor complaint...the rear backup lights seem like an afterthought. Such a dynamic design with silly little lights stuck in the middle of nowhere.

hehe kinda reminds me of the 68 vettes rear view

e786_3.JPG

maybe they'll jump ship and incorp them into the tail lights like the vette in 69

9cf1_1.JPG

not actually copy mind you just be wise enough to see they need to move like they did then.

My take:

GM should offer an ALL aluminum Camaro "ZLX" or something like that,...

that would be a great way of addressing the weight issues. :D

On August 6th CNBC will air a documentary about the 5th Generation Camaro, according to this link on Camaro5's website (which also includes a short preview video about the documentary): http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5193

For MORE pictures of the Camaro RS, including a silver RS, click here.