SPY SHOTS! Dodge Crew!

matt41

Guest YellowJacket894

Just like looking into a solar eclipse, my eyes are burning and going blind.

Crew is what they're naming it? Crew? Like the damn hair gel at Great Clips? Real original Chrysler Corp. Shouldda named 'er Reliant. And the gauges are soooo 1978. Is it limited to 85 mph, too? The inserts are like something out of a Ram 50.

Lambda pwns this.

The exterior is probably the first Chrysler product since the last Intrepid that doesn't make me want to throw up. I can't believe I'm saying this about a Chrysler product but....it's really not bad.

The interior...wow. Dull, drab, poor fit and finish. Absolutely terrible.

The interior looks bland and cheap. Very little bright work or accents to make it look higher-end, just a bunch of grey plastic. It's unfortunate, really.

I LOVE the gauges, though. It's a shame Dodge spent so much money on them in relation to the rest of the dashboard.

Hard to own stock in a privately held company. :D

I really gotta wonder how much of that interior is really production. Especially the gauges.

It's hard to trade stock in a privately held company (although there are the pink sheets), but not all privately held companies are owned entirely by holding companies or investment firms (as Chrysler is). Individuals own stock in many private companies, and occasionally stock comes up for sale.

I have a feeling that when this is revealed, it will actually look pretty nice, and possibly (?) preview the next-generation Jeep Grand Cherokee, which, as I was told by a Jeep course driver at the NY Auto Show, will be the production version of the Trailhawk concept. They'll be rip-off twins of each other though.

After giving our photographer a not-so-friendly one-finger-salute, the group went on with the business of logging some major miles, driving all throughout Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California in the course of a few days.

That wasn't the photographer the testers were giving the one-finger salute to, but rather the customers who remember how great Chrysler was in the 60's and how far they have fallen.

This thing is shaping up nicely, it should be a good answer to Ford's Edge and Nissan's Murano. Hopefully it will be a 5 seater with the 4.0L V6 standard. The interior is not yet trimmed out, obviously, but I think the retro (yes it does remind me of an Omni) gauge hood and cluster is kind of cool. So far it looks nicer and more substantial to me than an Equinox.

Needs a name consistent with Dodge's aggro/outdoorsy naming scheme (Viper,Ram,Caliber, Avenger, Charger, Dakota, Durango). Maybe another Western place name like 'El Paso' or 'Laramie'.

I do see an Omnirizon resembalance in the gauges, and the steering wheel reminds me of the first airbag wheels Chrysler used back in the day...

Edited by moltar

Looks Lambada sized.

The exterior design appears kind of dull, but I am not going to pass my final judgment until I can see the entire vehicle without camouflage.

All I can say about the interior is YIKES! I know (or at least hope) that a lot of the detail work is missing at this point, but the rectangular retro 80's gauge cluster has to go. I share concerns with other forum members about an interior design where the radio is placed below the climate controls.

As other forum members have already commented: What is with the name "Crew"? It's a very dull/lame moniker for what I hope will not be a dull/lame vehicle. I hope someone changes the name before this vehicle hits the market.

I don't believe this vehicle truly represents the "New Chrysler". Most of the development of this vehicle took place while Daimler was apparently trying to destroy the company. I just hope that the current regime at Cerberus notices and fixes any flaws this vehicle has before they release it on the public. I believe most of the public will view this vehicle as the "New Chrysler"; it is imperative that Cerberus gets it right. Chrysler LLC cannot afford to risk its future releasing subpar vehicles on the public.

Edited by cire

The radio is probably placed low so that it is closer to your MP3 player, that will be in the center console. The NAV screen will probably be at the top of the dash like in the earlier spy pics, and it will probably show some of the radio functions. Chrysler is not completely retarded.

It is becoming laughable how you guys react to a pieced together pre-production interior. :stupid:

Posted Image

WOW :huh: Did you see those gauges?! They can't be serious. Those look like they pulled them from a 80s model Jeep.

I hope nobody on here has any stock in Chrysler cause things are looking BAD! :nono:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree about the 80's model, but it reminded me of the Omni/Horizon models. Not a big fan of this vehicle. The Lambda models are worlds ahead of these in every way possible, as is the new Vue.

The interior looks like a disaster from a design and an ergonomic standpoint but the materials seem to be looking a little better... whereas the current Chrysler product interiors not only look awful, but are all-around cheap.

Well, it is supposed to start around $20k, so I wouldn't expect much as far as the interior...

I like the interior just fine, and the exterior so far is miles ahead of the new Vue.

That sounds like hyperbole or wishful thinking..the pics so far show very little of the exterior, mostly disguised..not enough to make any kind of judgement, IMHO..

Not sure if I'm digging the square gauge pods, but if you removed the plastic that separates each gauge it would not look square. The gauges themselves look like they came out of the early 90's. I think once all of the brightwork is their, and assuming there's other colors besides gray it may look nice. Will have to wait until it's properly revealed to make final judgment.

Needs a name consistent with Dodge's aggro/outdoorsy naming scheme (Viper,Ram,Caliber, Avenger, Charger, Dakota, Durango). Maybe another Western place name like 'El Paso' or 'Laramie'.

I do see an Omnirizon resembalance in the gauges, and the steering wheel reminds me of the first airbag wheels Chrysler used back in the day...

That steering wheel is the same one you'll find in the Caliber.

What's with the ugly big square "retro look" dash gauges lately?

YUCK!!!!!!!

Posted Image

A quick search on your name reveals that almost every single post you made had the Camaro interior.

I have to see the interior with a different colour before I make any judgement. Black through glass doesn't tell much.

Edited by ToniCipriani

*Sighs and Shakes Head* Really shows that Iacocca should've given Lutz the top spot and not Eaton. Look what Lutz has done for GM! Just think if he'd've never left Chrysler.

With any hope, the actual plastics quality will be better than what we see here, and if they get rid of so many creases if not angles, then maybe this could be nice.

It's hard to trade stock in a privately held company (although there are the pink sheets), but not all privately held companies are owned entirely by holding companies or investment firms (as Chrysler is). Individuals own stock in many private companies, and occasionally stock comes up for sale.

I invest, Im aware of all that. :P I was commenting on Chrysler specifically as that was the discussion. Edited by Chris_Doane