matt41

SPY SHOTS! Dodge Crew!

60 posts in this topic

I think somebody spent to much time in an '82 Cherokee before designing the interior.

So much for Chrysler Group upgrading their interiors...

WOW :huh: Did you see those gauges?! They can't be serious. Those look like they pulled them from a 80s model Jeep.

I hope nobody on here has any stock in Chrysler cause things are looking BAD! :nono:

Just like looking into a solar eclipse, my eyes are burning and going blind.

Crew is what they're naming it? Crew? Like the damn hair gel at Great Clips? Real original Chrysler Corp. Shouldda named 'er Reliant. And the gauges are soooo 1978. Is it limited to 85 mph, too? The inserts are like something out of a Ram 50.

Lambda pwns this.

I don't get the point of this... It just looks like a smoother minivan. How big is this? This makes me sad, because I always associate Dodge as being a brand with 'personality', but this has none... at all.

The exterior is probably the first Chrysler product since the last Intrepid that doesn't make me want to throw up. I can't believe I'm saying this about a Chrysler product but....it's really not bad.

The interior...wow. Dull, drab, poor fit and finish. Absolutely terrible.

I don't think it's that bad. It has potential. It's a better design than what they currently have.

I hope nobody on here has any stock in Chrysler cause things are looking BAD! :nono:

Hard to own stock in a privately held company. :D

I really gotta wonder how much of that interior is really production. Especially the gauges.

Edited by Chris_Doane

The interior looks bland and cheap. Very little bright work or accents to make it look higher-end, just a bunch of grey plastic. It's unfortunate, really.

I LOVE the gauges, though. It's a shame Dodge spent so much money on them in relation to the rest of the dashboard.

Hey I am not a finance major ok? :P

I really gotta wonder how much of that interior is really production. Especially the gauges.

Surely those can't be production.

Wow, that is one of the worst interiors I've seen out of a new vehicle. Just horrible. Those gauges...*shakes head* Chrysler seems to be moving backwards, not forward.

It's hard to trade stock in a privately held company (although there are the pink sheets), but not all privately held companies are owned entirely by holding companies or investment firms (as Chrysler is). Individuals own stock in many private companies, and occasionally stock comes up for sale.

I'm surprised that this is what they are going to call the Crew (if indeed they are). I expected something like the Rampage.

I have a feeling that when this is revealed, it will actually look pretty nice, and possibly (?) preview the next-generation Jeep Grand Cherokee, which, as I was told by a Jeep course driver at the NY Auto Show, will be the production version of the Trailhawk concept. They'll be rip-off twins of each other though.

After giving our photographer a not-so-friendly one-finger-salute, the group went on with the business of logging some major miles, driving all throughout Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California in the course of a few days.

That wasn't the photographer the testers were giving the one-finger salute to, but rather the customers who remember how great Chrysler was in the 60's and how far they have fallen.

Wow, a recycled '78 Omni/Horizon instrument cluster...... which explains the 85 mph speedo, or so it would seem. :puke:

CREW?!

who names this stuff? and more importantly, who designed that dash?!? chrysler will never learn!

the gauges remind me of Lincoln's "new retro" style, but less new and more copy instead of retro, it's interestingly dull at the moment.

Where the hell would the navigation go? The screen usually tends to replace the radio and volume buttons but does that mean it would be down that low? that would be the dumbest idea ever.

What the hell is that?

Seriously, they gotta be joking about that interior...

This thing is shaping up nicely, it should be a good answer to Ford's Edge and Nissan's Murano. Hopefully it will be a 5 seater with the 4.0L V6 standard. The interior is not yet trimmed out, obviously, but I think the retro (yes it does remind me of an Omni) gauge hood and cluster is kind of cool. So far it looks nicer and more substantial to me than an Equinox.

Needs a name consistent with Dodge's aggro/outdoorsy naming scheme (Viper,Ram,Caliber, Avenger, Charger, Dakota, Durango). Maybe another Western place name like 'El Paso' or 'Laramie'.

I do see an Omnirizon resembalance in the gauges, and the steering wheel reminds me of the first airbag wheels Chrysler used back in the day...

Edited by moltar

Looks Lambada sized.

"Lambada" :lol: :AH-HA_wink: