daves87rs

Anybody want to guess where gas prices end up.....

146 posts in this topic

Well, 4 dollar gas is here.

Funny part about that is I've seen prices range from 3.85 to 4.45 here. Just wow...

With so many reasons to raise oil prices this summer, anybody want to guess the price at the of the summer? <_<

Winner gets bragging rights.... :scratchchin:

Should be an interesting summer.... :censored:

About 3.75-3.80 here in Phoenix...I'm guessing the high here will reach $5.55 by Labour Day.

Fueled up for $3.92 today at a local Marathon station. I am quite tired with the cost of gasoline. I believe I will try to find an elderly BMW with a diesel engine and a manual transmission, if at all possible.

Let's see, hmm ... I want to guess the cost may well be flirting with about $4.75 or so by the end of the summer, going at the rate we are going now. I will not rule out that prices may experience something of a downward trend this autumn, though.

I'll be in the minority and predict a collapse like in the housing markets. Not sure if it'll be sooner rather than later, though.

$4 even when I filled up this past Saturday. I guess I'm thankful that I can pull 28mpg in city driving, but it still seems wrong that a 145hp 4cyl 2800lb car that gets 28mpg city requires $50 to fill up. I will be using the bike as much as possible this summer, for errands and for training.

I guess I'm thankful that I can pull 28mpg in city driving, but it still seems wrong that a 145hp 4cyl 2800lb car that gets 28mpg city requires $50 to fill up.

I know what you mean. It takes almost seventy dollars to get a full tank of gas in my Sonoma, and it is capable of around 22 mpg in city conditions.

$4.50ish for regular, $4.75ish for mid-grade, $5.00ish for premium. Diesel at six and a quarter.

Higher. Who knows how high, but that's reality. Oh well.

I'm gonna be optimistic and say $3.35.

... Anyone?

....... Anyone?

Edited by Lamar

I'm gonna be optimistic and say $3.35.

... Anyone?

....... Anyone?

I'll second that...

I'll bet about $3.50ish since Memorial Day is traditionally the high point of the summer. A few experts are predicting a downward trend.

Of course, it'd be $3.50 anyway if someone would shut Wall Street the hell down.

Simple economics dictates that gas WILL eventually come down. The question is; how long until it does and how much more will it climb? What goes up must come down. Once it starts severely affecting our economy, the price will drop.

I'm so glad i filled up tuesday @ 3.55. predictions.. hm... if foreign policy changes none, i'd guess another .75 higher (national average)what is it now?... 3.90? so.. ~4.60? if anything changes for the better, prices may slide about .20 so 3.70.

I so hope the gas tax holiday doesn't go through. that would push it even higher.

I'm making an outline for an inflation speech, if anyone cares to look at it, i'll have it message-able tomorrow evening. (for school, might not have done before that, then work after. so little time it seems.)

~4.60

:unsure:

I should hope not... because that means it'll be like 5.15/gal up here!

I believe 87 is right around $3.63 today (I don't look at gas prices anymore)- paid $4.55 for diesel on the Turnpike tonight. See, Jersey IS good for something...

87 Octane is already around $4.30 a gallon here in some areas, I say at it's peek we're looking at $5.00 even for 87. Which means $100 fill up for the Riv, if I run it to empty.

I believe 87 is right around $3.63 today (I don't look at gas prices anymore)- paid $4.55 for diesel on the Turnpike tonight. See, Jersey IS good for something...

That's weird, considering the stations all have to pay people to pump the gas for them...

... but in light of how our gas is 20 cents more, I'd gladly take that trade-off.

Yes, but in exchange, you get so many darn toll roads...

Meh- there's only 3 (TNPK, PKWY, A/C XWY)- I use 1 of them maybe twice/yr and I'm 10 minutes from the TNPK. Not a big deal unless you HAVE to use one to commute.

I'm going to say around five bucks...

Meh-I don't think prices are going down. It's funny beacuse every month these last few moths gas consumption has gone down, while prices keep going up. So much for supply and demand.

Between the drive offs and nobody ever coming inside, it looks like my local gas station is going to close soon....

I think it really depends on this weekend's driving statistics. If a LOT less people drive long distance for the holiday, it may spook the market down a bit. If driving statistics stay flat or increase, watch for prices to shoot even higher.

I'm staying home and working in the yard all weekend.

First of all, gas prices are blown way out of proportion for some reason. If prices increase 25%, that's a couple hundred bucks a YEAR. Other expenses are much more relevant to get all worked up about. Politicians obsess over it just to get votes; it's not the most important economic issue by any means.

Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether or not to jump into this shorting ETF that's twice the inverse of a change in oil prices, but maybe it's best to hold off on that.

$90.75 to fill up the Sierra from empty this evening. Sheer criminality.

well if the stock of our government (dollar) wasn't in the crapper, it would have never been this bad... remember the good days when the budget was balanced back in 2000 and gas was $.99. yes, they have a direct correlation.

It was $3.74 for 87 when I filled up in Iowa City a couple days ago and $4.09 when I filled up in Dixon, IL. I didn't check to see what Chicago prices are but I'm sure they are even higher.

Either way, I think oil prices are in for some serious adjustment soon...I don't think we will see $5/gal this summer. Last summer they said we'd hit $4/gal and it never happened (here), and the summer before it was $3/gal. But I think we might see $5/gal next summer if the economy doesn't improve.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room