Drew Dowdell

Chevy Volt Revealed!

101 posts in this topic

2011 Chevy Volt

chevrolet_100166712_m.jpg

Though its first official public debut isn't scheduled until early next week, the 2011 Chevy Volt has been introduced to the internet early courtesy of the The Car Connection, which published these apparently official pictures of the revolutionary series hybrid today. In the past few weeks we've seen official teasers shots of the car mixed with spy video taken on the set of Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen, all of which have only served to increase excitement ahead of the car's official debut next week. These pics give up the goods like no others, however, and show various GM execs and engineers directly responsible for its development posing alongside like proud papas. The list includes, in order, Tony Posawatz, Bob Lutz, Bob Boniface, Frank Weber, and Andrew Farah.

Looks kind of whale-like, like the ES maybe. Still looks nice and modern, though. I see a resemblance to the invicta.

Uhmmm.... Yeah.... huh.... Yeah. :huh:

It just doesn't look like the same vehicle... at all.

Ya its kinda hard to make judgement on the car when all you can see are men in suits. Looks good so far, but i'll reserve an opinion until i see the whole thing.

Is this a photo gallery of the Volt or a "Men of GM" photo shoot with a Volt backdrop?

:mellow:

Yeah, it's like they are doing a photo layout for GQ: Detroit. The car is purposely hidden in the background.

What's with all the old white guys? :unsure:

Seems like a nice enough car. I'll reserve final judgement until I see it in the flesh. Cool color, though!

So this is the future of GM? Or better yet, the future of the automobile?

Maybe I should go buy those cyanide capsules now instead of later.

:cheers: "To the death of the automobile and executives with balls at General Motors!"

FFS some of you make me sick. If GM kept the concept look it would've never achieved the mileage, and then you all would've bitched that GM failed to deliver on it's promise. Personally I like it alot, it has MUCH more style than any other hybrid out there.

Not the concept, but oh well... It would be cool if the concept's styling cues make it to production in another Chevy.

FFS some of you make me sick. If GM kept the concept look it would've never achieved the mileage, and then you all would've bitched that GM failed to deliver on it's promise. Personally I like it alot, it has MUCH more style than any other hybrid out there.

Not so much the mileage, but it would have been nearly impossible to meet safety requirements, not to mention the packaging requirements, of a modern mainstream family sedan.

The concept was a design concept. I am not surprised one bit by how it turned out, and it still might not look bad.

Typical, as with many new unveiling several of you seem to condemn it before we've even seen the whole thing. I personally like it. It may not look like the concept, although I like the front of this better anyway, but it looks much better than the current dedicated green cars.

Looks fine.

Not $40k fine.

I guess the guys with imagination and true creativity already took a buyout before the Volt project got underway.

I just hope it works.

Typical, as with many new unveiling several of you seem to condemn it before we've even seen the whole thing. I personally like it. It may not look like the concept, although I like the front of this better anyway, but it looks much better than the current dedicated green cars.

Agreed. We knew a long time ago that this wasn't going to look like the concept, the aerodynamics didn't work. As for big, clunky & Prius like, yeah you've got a point. I wish that GM hadn't done the same shape as the Prius, but at least it's not as close as the new Honda Insight will be to the Prius (those two are pretty much identical.) Is the back end of the Volt raised because of the battery packs?

And as for not being $40K good looking, it's hard to say. First, we haven't seen the interior. Second, the economics of this vehicle are completely different from anything else on the road. If you could save $2K per year on gas costs by driving this, then you start making up the premium pretty quickly. And the truth is, the first gen isn't going to save GM, but if they get this out first and get the actual driving data with it first, then they'll kill on teh 2nd, 3rd and 4th generations.

Looks kind of whale-like

Aerodynamics. Coefficient of drag and frontal surface were kings in designing this thing. To me it looks better than the Prius.

Aerodynamics. Coefficient of drag and frontal surface were kings in designing this thing. To me it looks better than the Prius.

+1. Definitely better looking than the Prius..has some neat details, like the window trim, rear blackout, taillights, front lighting details..

Compared to the concept, it is boring as hell. Compared to the other hybrids out there, it actually looks pretty good!

I agree. Between the picture angles and the executives obstructing the view, it's really hard to get a good idea of the overall feel of the design. It was pretty much a given that the production version wouldn't look exactly like the concept. As long as they have kept the overall flavor of the concept without cheapening out on the details, then I think they will have nailed it. I do have to admit that I don't like the fake mesh treatment on the grille flaps because it cheapens the design, but that is the only complaint that I have so far.

Even in these pictures I can tell that I like it much more than either the Prius or Insight. Neither one of those dedicated hybrids have any sense of style.

+1. Definitely better looking than the Prius..has some neat details, like the window trim, rear blackout, taillights, front lighting details..

Just let me add that I think that car's colour SUCKS!

Wow... and once again GM leaves me speechless,

NOT in a good way.

The overall styling? Blandis an understatement,

esp. for a M.Y. 2011, speaking of which, usually

you do not inroduce product TWO years before

the launch date, talk about cock tease!

And that thick, gross gloss-black trim under the

Greenhouse? :blink:

I"ll reserve my final judgement untill 2010 when

I actually see a real production model,but so far

all I ave to say is: :yuck:

Is this a photo gallery of the Volt or a "Men of GM" photo shoot with a Volt backdrop?

:mellow:

Honestly...WTF is this? Some kid of GM-take on those

"Hot Firefighters" calendars aimed at post-menopausal

women and gay men?

Ridiculous. :lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead