• 0 - 50,000 miles
    • 50,000 - 100,000 miles
    • 100,000 - 150,000 miles
    • 150,000 - 200,000 miles
    • 200,000 - 250,000 miles
    • 250,000 - 300,000 miles
    • 300,000 - 350,000 miles
    • 350,000 or more

With GM's recent search campain to find the longest lasting trucks on the road, but excluding cars and obviously other makes, it left some of us dissapointed. Obviously it's not the same, but I figured why not show off you're car's reliablity to your fellow C & G members? It's fun if nothing else. If at all possible, provide some pics of your car, including of the odometer. This qualifies mainly for cars that still run, and perferable still are owned by you, but if you have a past car with more miles than whatyou currently have, that is acceptible too Enjoy! ^_^

I'll post my car tomorrow when I can take some pics (kinda dark right now, plus I'm going to bed).

Fun idea. Lets see what kinda milage C&Gers have! Added a poll.

-Ted

Edited by !!!TED!!!

I'm sure WMJ or someone else with a 3800 will beat me, but my 1992 Buick Regal has a hair under 224,000 miles. Since I've changed the oil every 2,000 to 2,500 miles from when it was new, the dipstick level does NOT go down when I bring it in for the next oil change.

So, right now, I'm the high mileage champ. There's nothing out there that fully turns my crank as far as a replacement goes (comfortable seats, good visibility, lack of styling quirks).

I'm in the low mileage camp now.  Though at only 8 months old, our Cobalt now has 32,000 miles.

way to rack op those miles....in 3 years i put 150000 on a suburban....looks like your on your way to 40000 something in the first year...keep it up

but yeah now I have

89,xxx on the Impala

and 76,xxx on the suburban

around 13,700... i got it with like 5k in may last year... so im doing pretty good...

1979 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale- 120,xxx....it still runs and drives...but needs a ground up resto, New York winters for 27 years have put a major hurting on it.

1995 Buick Riviera- 69,970....I bought it 2 months ago with 64,924 on it....so 5K in 2 months :P

The Mach 5 proudly wears almost 241,000 miles, and all but the first 57 are mine. Original engine, too- every moving internal part is still factory original. (Don't get me started on the trans tho. :nono: ) Ya gotta drive 'em or they get sad. :thumbsup:

Do I win? :ohyeah:

1) '04 Suburban...32k miles from new, the highest mom has gotten in any of her last 3 vehicles before ditching them. Has had several warranty-covered bugs over the past 2 years, all minor, but still wondering about this one past 36k.

2) '92 Roadmaster...195k miles now, bought with 183k. So MUCH is original and like new, this thing is unbelievable. Runs like a beast and looks like a well-kept 60k mile car.

3) '93 Fleetwood...106k miles now, bought with 88k. More stuff replaced/fixed than the Roadmaster, but your classic example of the dealer pampered old guy's car.

4) '95 Fleetwood...117k miles now, just what I bought it with back in January. Beautiful shape, and clearly nicer than the '93 (which I thought was immaculate as is), but I ran into some troubles last month and after a $1500 repair bill, is like new again. Now just need to get the A/C repaired and cool again, and it should all be well for a long time.

1973 Plymoth Valiant - 94,000

1986 Chevy S10 - 235,000 (got a rebuilt trany and new engine)

1991 Toyota Camry - 160,000

1993 Infinity G20 - 135,000

1995 Plymoth Voyager - 95,000

1997 Nissan Maxima - 85,000

1997 Chevrolet Camaro - 98,000

yeah! we got hella cars but the valiant doesnt ever get driven and the camry needs a new axle and its mis-firing so we dont drive it for now..

My 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee: 45K

Mom's 2003 Chevy Impala: 37K...ish

Dad's 2002 GMC Sierra HD: 52K...ish

Dad's 1991 Pontiac Grand Prix: 103K according to odometer...153K according to previous owner...HA HA...we just bought this car for $400 because $3/gallon gas isn't real appealing when my dad's truck get's 7 mpg

the caprice [?]76,000 [?]= 0, or 1, or, 2 or what ever there is no 100,000 place.

the 01 silverado is in the 80-90,000 its to depressing to check

Well, its a Bimmer....I would EXPECT that....make that: REQUIRE that....for that kind of money and reputation.

Oh yea, no question. When they are well taken care of they last forever. I expect to atleast double the amount I have on it now, and on the forums I go to, many already have.

pretty sure all my family's 4 cars are between 100k - 150k marks, 99 monte~ 134k 99 ga, over 100k somewhere, (never drive it), 91 safari xt very close to 150K prolly (only running, original vehicle family bought new), 95 c1500, over 130K positive,

301,239 miles on my 1988 Olds Delta 88.

121,xxx on my 1985 Mercury Grand Marquis.

81,xxx on my Mom's 1989 Park Avenue.

107,xxx on my Dad's 1975 Dodge 3/4 ton.

180,xxx on my sisters 1988 Delta 88.

I also accidently clicked 250,000-300,000 when I should have clicked the next one down. Sorry.

winner so far ^

does it have the original engine and tranny?

Check my sig :D

I've got a new job now that entails around 85 miles per day of driving (round trip), so the miles are going to pile up fast on my car now. The downside is, my big old Mercury is only good for about 23-24 MPG, even with mostly freeway driving. I'll almost certainly be looking for something easier on gas come fall.

93 Cavalier RS (wagon) 135,500 miles

04 Cavalier (coupe) 2,200 miles

03 Cavalier (sedan) 25,000 miles (wife's)

I still put good miles on the wagon-driving quite a bit after the repairs...

The coupe does get driven (current 3rd car) but about 8 months back it hit

a major pothole.-took a while to get fixed... :(

I am about to "nudge" 189,000 on my '95 Caprice 9C1.

I don't know anything about its first life, as an F.B.I. unmarked, undercover car.

I got it with 144,000 on it which is an anomoly, for fed cars! The latest edict is

that they are now supposed to be turned in @ 110,000 miles. (It used to be

100,000).

The only reason that we can figure is, it was envolved in some kind of operation

that a change would have compromised, or 2 it had recently had something major

replaced and they had to keep it to justify the expense, or 3 the agent it was assigned to loved it, knew he could not get another one, so kept it "hid out!".

The body did not have one straight panel on it when I got it! It looked like it had been used for road block practice! That has all been fixed now, and outside of a major tuneup, and a new set of brakes---- nothing has been needed!

I still get over 22mpg @ 80mph on the highway! And that is with over 5300 lbs.

The bean counters sure screwed up when they dropped this car for more SUVs!

I am about to "nudge" 189,000 on my '95 Caprice 9C1.

I don't know anything about its first life, as an F.B.I. unmarked, undercover car.

I got it with 144,000 on it which is an anomoly, for fed cars! The latest edict is

that they are now supposed to be turned in @ 110,000 miles. (It used to be

100,000).

The only reason that we can figure is, it was envolved in some kind of operation

that a change would have compromised, or 2 it had recently had something major

replaced and they had to keep it to justify the expense, or 3 the agent it was assigned to loved it, knew he could not get another one, so kept it "hid out!".

The body did not have one straight panel on it when I got it! It looked like it had been used for road block practice! That has all been fixed now, and outside of a major tuneup, and a new set of brakes---- nothing has been needed!

I still get over 22mpg @ 80mph on the highway! And that is with over 5300 lbs.

The bean counters sure screwed up when they dropped this car for more SUVs!

It's almost crazy how many of those I see with high milage around here..

I voted "150,000 - 200,000 miles" since my last remaining car from

GM is the Camaro and it has 195,XXX or so at this point.

The Datsun Maxima has 155K and the Datsun Q45 has 107K. :D

(the demilition derby volvo has 240K)

I now have 85,000 miles on my Breeze, and it had ~68,958 on it in July of 2005.

44063 as of tonight, but my dad spends more time in it than I do, so the miles go up by about 50 each day (20 into work, 10 driving to jobs around D.C., and 20 home). Nothing but (sometimes) routine maintenance so far.

1985 Camaro 2.8L V6 339,000 miles! 1974 Ford F250 SUPERCAB 390 V8 70,000 miles!----YEP THATS RIGHT! The 74 TRUELY has MANY less miles then the BEATER 85 CAMARO!-----And with GAS PRICES what they are it will STAY THAT WAY! <_<:huh:

Edited by Carguy

33k miles in 27 months.  About average I guess.  I'm ready for something different.

If you buy/trade as many cars as you do, you can't complain about money woes. Be cheap ... like me!

Tribal Seat covers... TIGHT WHIPS!!!