Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Camino LS6

C&G Pontiac census

78 posts in this topic

1. How many new Pontiacs have you purchased (or leased) in the last decade (since the '98 model year)?

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease another new Pontiac in the next two model years?

For me:

1. Two - 2002 Formula Firehawk and 2004 GTO

2. Yes - the G8 Sport Truck ( true name still unknown)

0 and nope

In fact, I only know 1 person who has purchased a new Pontiac in the last decade, and she traded her Bonneville in for an Acura TL Type-S.

0 and nope

In fact, I only know 1 person who has purchased a new Pontiac in the last decade, and she traded her Bonneville in for an Acura TL Type-S.

Seems you have forgotten to count your C&G friends. :AH-HA_wink:

1. None.

2. Possibly. Depends on how finances go. The G8 ST and both Solstice variants are on the list.

1. Zero

2. Possibly. Candidates: Solstice coupe, G6 coupe, G5 GT. Other Pontiacs I like are out of my price range... G8 ST.

1.) 0

2.) I want the Camaro and a Challenger first, but a G8 is most certainly on my list. It's just ashame I'd have to get a manual unless I paid extra for a GXP.

1) Zer0

2) Pontiac is probably the FIRST place I would go for a new car to either buy a G8 GXP or Solstice Targa GXP. I would even consider a G5 over the Cobalt if it had original styling and a sporty nature.

Notice how there are so many people who HAVEN'T bought a Pontiac but are now WILLING to look? That shows progress GM, the kind of progress you need for GROWTH instead of shrinking your market share.

Edited by FUTURE_OF_GM

1) Zer0

2) Pontiac is probably the FIRST place I would go for a new car to either buy a G8 GXP or Solstice Targa GXP. I would even consider a G5 over the Cobalt if it had original styling and a sporty nature.

Notice how there are so many people who HAVEN'T bought a Pontiac but are now WILLING to look? That shows progress GM, the kind of progress you need for GROWTH instead of shrinking your market share.

Also notice which models are getting the attention...but conversely two members just bought G6's...

1. g'parents just traded 97 bonne for a 08 g6

2. since no rwd impy is in the works i'd heavily consider a g8 gxp if i had disposable income.

1. 2001 Montanna, (thought I still own my 2 TAs that were bought new, they don't count).

2. The G8 is on my list.

I had a used LeMans, and wanted one of the late 80s early 90s Sunbird convertible really bad when they first come out., but couldn't afford it.

By the time I could afford one Pontiac had turned the Sunbird into a total chick car. White tops, swishy stickers on the side, and then it became the Sunfire.

When I was a kid I love the Firebirds, and might be one if they made it now.

1. How many new Pontiacs have you purchased (or leased) in the last decade (since the '98 model year)?

2. Do you intend to purchase/lease another new Pontiac in the next two model years?

For me:

1. Two - 2002 Formula Firehawk and 2004 GTO

2. Yes - the G8 Sport Truck ( true name still unknown)

LS, didn't you just buy a G8 or am I confusing you with another CnGer? I know you want the ST, but for some reason I thought you got the sedan in the meantime.

LS, didn't you just buy a G8 or am I confusing you with another CnGer? I know you want the ST, but for some reason I thought you got the sedan in the meantime.

Wasn't me, I'm not big on sedans nor automatics.

I will be waiting for a manual ST.

1. 0

2. The G8 would be on my list if I could afford it. If Pontiac builds a RWD Alpha coupe in the next couple years, I will be very interested.

1) 0

2) I will definitely test drive the G8 GT

1. I can't remember if we got our '00 Sunfire new or used.

2. Maaaaybe a Vibe.

1. No, just a used 2001 Grand Prix.

2. Yes, possibly G6 or G8 when I graduate college.

1. None. Our Pontiac G6 was purchased used.

2. The G8 and Solstice hardtop are tempting.

1. I have owned... A 1971 Bonneville (got it new) a 1977 Bonneville (got it new) a 1990 Grand Prix (program car) and a 2005 Bonneville SLE (CPO dealer driven car. 1st one to title it) and a 2007 Pontiac Torrent FWD (new) so five Pontiac's I DON'T have commitment issues. I like my Pontiacs. :P

2. Within the next two years unlikely however it could happen. Just like I said with Chevrolet and Caddy, but don't worry I love the G6 Coupe, Solstice and G8 Series.

Edited by gm4life

1. Zero

2. Unlikely.

For me:

1. in the last 10 years 2 new Pontiacs and 1 GMC if that counts now.

2. I had planned to look at a G8 Truck but with gas going up I many be going Turbo 4 cylinder.

I will buy a new GM car next year and as of now it is going to be a Solstice coupe, HHR SS or a long shot chance a Camaro V6.

Right now the HHR SS fits my needs of a fun car to drive, family hauler and truck replacment. The G8 truck is my personel pick but with rising gas but the fact it would give me 3 vehicles and leave me with only one that would carry more than 2 people would not be a practical choice. This also hurts the Solstice too.

I may have to get the HHR SS as my daily beater and if it is still around a G8 for the wife to replace her GP in about 3-4 years.

I hope to pick up a Solstice later used as a play car.

I never really considered a 4 cylinder or a HHR but my test drive in the SS left a mark on my memory. I did not have a saleman with me and I could let here go. It was a good ride in a cheap package that will do all I want it to do. Just if they could get rid of the FWD. Plus near 30 MPG is a plus.